Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

time and wear will also naturally make the so-called "pink" darker anyway. i dont give a rats ***, i love my white infras and i plan on copping as many pairs of the black ones as i can afford. not even to re-sell, just so a ***** got fresh ones on deck 8)

People are gonna complain no matter what they drop. That's why they drop so many different CWs and variations of every retro, for every person that doesn't like it 10 more people will be waiting to snap it up. Then you got cats crying about too many CWs dropping, Nike/JB is gonna rake up as much cash as they can. There's a release every week for a majority of the year. Where were these people that want Varsities when they dropped.. Are they part of the "hypebeasts" that jumped into buying Js after Concords?

Where were these people that want Varsities when they dropped.. Are they part of the "hypebeasts" that jumped into buying Js after Concords?

that's what in saying. did yall just become old enough to get jobs lol. you may not be hypebeasts but you might be some new n****s

Last edited:
I remember dudes were trying to take those art markers to turn the Varsities into something close to Infrared
laugh.gif

As with everything related to sneakers, "my, how the times have changed."
exactly lol. I remember those "tutorial" videos on youtube
mean.gif

Varsity did NOT sit due to a lack of hypebeasts.
They sat because it was a variant shaggy suede retro+ bootleg looking version of a grail/classic
My point being hypebeasts/resellers weren't as bad

I agree that its mostly beasts today who are the ones pining for the Varsity
But there were beasts in 2010, and there were beasts in 2000

Beasts or no beasts the Varsity sat because it was an insult to the OG VI's

Hes a decent bench player who just likes to have fun. I hate how people hate on him because of the "Swaggy P" nickname. I swear, he'd be running for 6th Man of the Year if the Lakers were semi-contending and hadn't been Exodia obliterated by injuries this season.
lOl at the yu-gi-oh reference.

I am 32 , I remember the OG pair back in 90's , I couldn't afford it back then... I remember how disapointed was in 2009 with varsity red and suede, I customized my black pair infrared( Old NIKTLKers remember the thread), I double up on IR pack which wasn't the perfect shade but it was better than varsities, just because I wanted this OG look....and now??
Now JB gave us the REAL deal, the REAL 90's infrared color... And now people keep complain because " it's pink"....
Damn this is funny, or I am getting too old...

It's a non-issue for me, you like the cw you get it, you don't like the cw you don't get it, or you paint it or whatever; no one is forcing me to buy them. Didn't like how that infrared looked contrasted with the white on the 2014 pair so i didn't get them. Simple as that. I'm not *****ing, and i'm not saying they used the wrong shade either, just a question of taste. 

Mart did raise a good point though, the infrared contrasted with the black is going to look different. 

Truth is, when it comes to colours, there's nothing we can do about it since it's subjective, and JB knows that. Quality is another issue though. 

I agree that its mostly beasts today who are the ones pining for the Varsity
But there were beasts in 2010, and there were beasts in 2000

Beasts or no beasts the Varsity sat because it was an insult to the OG VI's

that was back when people didn't complain about a shoe they fully intended to buy, they would just not buy it!!!!

Bay1591 they do have that type of vibe about them, maybe it is just the picture. Whats funny is a lot of these new kids like to wear their pants so small it cuts off circulation, but the infrared are too pink?!?!? Come on now, everyone wants Varsity reds now? WTF when the varsity came out I got them because they were the closest you could get to a new pair of infrared VIs. Now they are going to be even closer with this release. I don't understand these new "shoe game" people, all this hype for something you were not even around for or witness. Go buy Lebron's :D

The Columbias drop after the Black/Inf VI but the Columbia sample photos are everywhere...
We should have a VI Look/See photo leak by now, with full production beginning in June.
:nerd:

Im coppin no matter the shade of Infrared I happen to like it, IDK bout some of y'all ninjas sometimes the color is as close to OG its gonna get yet some aren't satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom