Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

finallyyyyy...I just got my pair from showcaseboxes.

Definitely my favorite shoe. I'm fashoooo gonna wear them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep them clean/ preserve them- in terms of water repellents/etc? If they get scuffed, what's the best way to clean them?

Thanks!

Definitely my favorite shoe. I'm fashoooo gonna wear them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep them clean/ preserve them- in terms of water repellents/etc? If they get scuffed, what's the best way to clean them?

Thanks!
Do the Duck Walk in them man, it will do wonders
laugh.gif

Thanks!
If you go to Footlocker and pick up the Mint suede and nubuck cleaning kit that will help you for cleaning, also pick up the Mint shoe protecting spray. You spray your shoe with 2 coats and then let it dry for 24 hours and then you can stick your black infrareds under the kitchen faucet and the water will just run off and be completely fine. I've done it with mine, it's amazing!

If you go to Footlocker and pick up the Mint suede and nubuck cleaning kit that will help you for cleaning, also pick up the Mint shoe protecting spray. You spray your shoe with 2 coats and then let it dry for 24 hours and then you can stick your black infrareds under the kitchen faucet and the water will just run off and be completely fine. I've done it with mine, it's amazing!
How does that affect the shoe aesthetically?

Ok, so I'm looking for a pair of DS 6's in this colorway and Obviously I'm going to pay resell (Hopefully nothing outragous), but is the quality really that bad on these? I had the 2010 Black/Varsity red pair and I thought the quality was garbage due to that suede..smh! So, for anyone that got a pair, how is the quality?

Quote:
Ok, so I'm looking for a pair of DS 6's in this colorway and Obviously I'm going to pay resell (Hopefully nothing outragous), but is the quality really that bad on these? I had the 2010 Black/Varsity red pair and I thought the quality was garbage due to that suede..smh! So, for anyone that got a pair, how is the quality?
the quality is better than on the 2010 black/varsity reds. Still not the best, but the material is much better than on the 2010s.

Quote:

the quality is better than on the 2010 black/varsity reds. Still not the best, but the material is much better than on the 2010s.
Hmmm, that's very good to know! Do they feel better as far as comfort, or they still feel the same as the 2010's?

How does that affect the shoe aesthetically?
It doesn't affect it at all. Once you spray it with 2 coats and then let it dry for 24 hours it looks exactly the same as before you sprayed it. It's cool I stuck mine under the kitchen faucet and the water just beads off like crazy. Very nice!

Hmmm, that's very good to know! Do they feel better as far as comfort, or they still feel the same as the 2010's?
I had the 2014 infrared and sold them unfortunately. I didn't want to because, in general, the quality was pretty good and the look was very good. The comfort is why I sold them. I have a lot of Jordans (this year and past years) and these were the most uncomfortable I have had. They felt like cold bricks that wouldn't unstiffen. My favorite, most comfortable pair of Jordans I own, in contrast are my retro 6 oreos. 

The suede on this (not the nubuck) is somewhat thick and polished -- it is not plush. 

Last edited:

I had the 2014 infrared and sold them unfortunately. I didn't want to because, in general, the quality was pretty good and the look was very good. The comfort is why I sold them. I have a lot of Jordans (this year and past years) and these were the most uncomfortable I have had. They felt like cold bricks that wouldn't unstiffen. My favorite, most comfortable pair of Jordans I own, in contrast are my retro 6 oreos.
you are so right bro. I just unDS'ed one of my pears of this release today. felt like i was walking on pieces of wood. not to mention that the back of both of my ankles were bleeding from them rubbing against the heel/heel tab of the shoe.

I also own the 2010 Black/varsity red release and i don't remember them being anywhere near this uncomfortable when i first got them.

The Black/Infrared VI is my favorite sneaker of all time, I'm actually really disappointed once i put the 2015s on foot. So uncomfortable.

Might try to seek out a pair of 2000s and use my other DS pair of this release to sole swap. Theres no reason for needing doubles of the 2015 now that I've worn them on foot.

Last edited:

you are so right bro. I just unDS'ed one of my pears of this release today. felt like i was walking on pieces of wood. not to mention that the back of both of my ankles were bleeding from them rubbing against the heel/heel tab of the shoe.

I also own the 2010 Black/varsity red release and i don't remember them being anywhere near this uncomfortable when i first got them.

The Black/Infrared VI is my favorite sneaker of all time, I'm actually really disappointed once i put the 2015s on foot. So uncomfortable.

Might try to seek out a pair of 2000s and use my other DS pair of this release to sole swap. Theres no reason for needing doubles of the 2015 now that I've worn them on foot.
I know a lot of people said these were very uncomfortable. For me they are very comfortable I love wearing them. I guess everybody's foot is different.

These just need to be broken in b/c they are very stiff but after around 7-8 wears they soften up a bit.

If you've worn these less than 3 times, don't get rid them just b/c they're stiff just wear them ....smh at you people that never wear your kicks, just look at them and put them back in the box tryna be unique, you'll never be unique wearing retro J's tho.

Last edited:
These just need to be broken in b/c they are very stiff but after around 7-8 wears they soften up a bit.

If you've worn these less than 3 times, don't get rid them just b/c they're stiff just wear them ....smh at you people that never wear your kicks, just look at them and put them back in the box tryna be unique, you'll never be unique wearing retro J's tho.
Exactly.

Break them in and wear some crew cut/high cut socks to avoid the heel rubbing and they're fine. If you're walking around the city all day or an amusement park or something I'd recommend a different shoe, but casually going out to dinner, movies, mall, etc. comfort isn't an issue. These are too beautiful not to have in your collection.

Exactly.

Break them in and wear some crew cut/high cut socks to avoid the heel rubbing and they're fine. If you're walking around the city all day or an amusement park or something I'd recommend a different shoe, but casually going out to dinner, movies, mall, etc. comfort isn't an issue. These are too beautiful not to have in your collection.
Idk about wearing it to th movies.. There are popcorn and soda spilled all over the floors

Depends on your movie theater. One I go to has plush leather recliners. Ease back the seat, kick your feet up, and enjoy the view of both the movie and your kicks. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom