Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Those last pics
eek.gif

If they're like those I'll take em.

617collector 617collector "It's starting to look like they did use durabuck in some spots"

I've been saying this the whole time but it seems everyone is so fixated on complaining about lack thereof that they don't see it even when's its right under their damn noses. Damn shame if you ask me. (Kermit meme)

Last edited:
617collector 617collector "It's starting to look like they did use durabuck in some spots"

I've been saying this the whole time but it seems everyone is so fixated on complaining about lack thereof that they don't see it even when's its right under their damn noses. Damn shame if you ask me. (Kermit meme)

By the looks of it the only durabuck used area is in the middle (red on carmine) and then the heel, overlap and toe box are all nubuck.

If it's mixed it's a waste of durabuck because nubuck will fade unlike durabuck. A good example is this picture of the Charcoal 7s OGs with durabuck and nubuck and then 2012 with just durabuck,

View media item 1092322
Durabuck is built to last unlike the regular nubuck

Last edited:
Are you guys only planning to wear these at night? :lol:

IMO color and material is the most important thing on a shoe. This day and age consumers are looking for shoes that glow for some odd reason...

yea but remember the pics of the whites it looked ok too, i saw them on RD while waiting in line for them. HIGHLIGHTER PINK bright, i was like... wtf is this....
What you saw on that cloudy Saturday morning was real true infrared. In before the 246736381 infrared debate starts again.

By the looks of it the only durabuck used area is in the middle (red on carmine) and then the heel, overlap and toe box are all nubuck.

Yeah, I know this. Again I've said this all along but I usually just get my post erased and stuff like that. No one wants to hear that Durabuck is technically on the shoe at all. No fun in that for a complainer.

Just because it's 20% durabuck doesn't mean people should stop complaining.

These things were close to being perfect in 2000 and then they released those hideous things in 2010 and now these that are slightly better than the 2010 but not by much. The people want an all durabuck shoe because of how easy it is to maintain.

Just this past weekend I spilled Heineken on my playoff 8s and a durabuck Air Force 1 and all I had to do was dry them up with a towel :smokin I would've been screwed if it was nubuck

Last edited:
Black Friday RD should be an easy kop? On par with all the GRs like the Carmines?

Nubuck 1 pair
Durabuck at least 3 for me.

Do the math JB, better materials doesn't mean smaller profits.

Last edited:
^^honestly should be easy, depends how much you try.

first of all its gonna be mass produced 300k maybe more, second a fail proof way to get a pair in your size reserved, go to 1 mall, maybe 2 if you can, go to footaction, FL, and champs and get tickets.

always works for me i get called by at least 2 stores for releases. if all else fail better get online on the release date and get to poppin 
laugh.gif

if two or more stores call, i usually scoop up the extra pairs, sell em on craigslist offsetting the cost so itll be like i got a huge discount on the shoes

ANYWAY...

nthat.gif

Easy cop for a retro that hasn't dropped in 10+ years except for in that off 2010 pack.. I wish it was easy but knowing jb

Just because it's 20% durabuck doesn't mean people should stop complaining.

These things were close to being perfect in 2000 and then they released those hideous things in 2010 and now these that are slightly better than the 2010 but not by much. The people want an all durabuck shoe because of how easy it is to maintain.

Just this past weekend I spilled Heineken on my playoff 8s and a durabuck Air Force 1 and all I had to do was dry them up with a towel :smokin I would've been screwed if it was nubuck

Yup

Them last pics i like the brightness of the infrared but that toe box looking like my puma suedes toe box :lol:

The nubuck is pretty ashy in them last pics.

Is it really a matter of cutting costs? Is durabuck more expensive than nubuck?

Or is this another one of jb ploys to have us buying the same pair over and over?

Next release will probably be durabuck with jumpman air

Then after that durabuck with nike air

Then after them prototype retros with full length infrared midsole strip and infrared nike air

:lol:

Last edited:
I believe everyone in this thread will be making an effort to buy this shoe. Despite all the complaints and cries for Durabuck. These are looking extremely good and I for one can't wait to get them. These have way more pros than cons for there to be so much complaints and nitpicking IMO. Trying for two pair.
you're absolutely correct about everyone making an effort to buy this shoe in this thread. But for me, I fall in the 1% who is NOT buying this shoe due to the choice of material used and price hike typical to Black Friday releases. I honestly can't buy something that isn't the way it was made originally. Hope you get your two pairs, for I will be buying nothing on Black Friday.

Im rocking with @PIMPJOBU on this one, I fall in that 1%. I fell for the banana in the tailpipe in 2012 with the bred IVs, not again. Unless official pics prove otherwise, Im out.

Are 2000s the only ones with durabuck? From just eyeballing, the 2000s are not the least ashy. I would say 01/23/2010 are. So how do people tell between durabuck versus nubuck? To me the last few pics looks closest to 2000.

http://goo.gl/5CQhBQ

The originals weren't durabuck either correct?

Last edited:
Durabuck is solid and durable almost like cardboard. Also when you run your finger through it the color stays the same. Durabuck could also be washed with soap and water without damaging the material.

Nubuck is softer to the touch and does change color when you run your fingers through it, kind of like a suede effect, but not as hairy as suede. You could't wear it in the rain because the material stains and leaks easily.

Here's the 2002 7s that were made up of nubuck and durabuck like the og 7s

b4b2e4f1_image.jpeg

Now here's the 2012 with just durabuck

6d579ba7_image.jpeg

Last edited:
Man i wish the young dudes could have been around back when nike use to use the best materials on jordans.

Like i keep pointing back to the original black silver air jordan v. If the young dudes these days could have just had that shoe in their hand they would be in tears lol well not really but you get what i mean

The durabuck used on that shoe was so smooth, rubbery, and buttery it wasnt even funny

My 2000 black infrared vi is made of durabuck but it does not compare to the og black silver v. Nike was on another level back then.

Straight ******* car seats on your feet back then

Some of you dudes have to stop living in the past.
I've actually experienced paying 89 cents a gallon for gasoline in my life, I'm almost certain anyone who isn't old enough to have experienced the same could care less.

Back
Top Bottom