Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Stop living in the past? You realize that this thread is about the 3rd release (them 2010 ***** don't exist to me) of a pair of sneakers originally released in 1991 right? :lol:

Considering how many people buy shoes because they had them when they were younger or couldn't get them when they were younger, I'd say there is a fair about of living in the past happening from consumers of Jordan Brand Retros.

Of course it's only a problem when people actually have standards for the purchases they make though.

Last edited:
I respect the viewpoint of those that refuse to give JB their money because of the decline in quality over the years.

I just don't understand the need to constantly put down other consumers that don't have the same level of expectation you have or are logical enough to realize that constantly complaining about a shoe that's already in production will do nothing to change the quality of the shoe.

Why do you care? Does it make you upset that people point out the flawed quality?

It shouldnt bother you because you dont know anyone on here personally

Everyone has opinions. You a big boy. Deal with it

Last edited:
Why do you care? Does it make you upset that people point out the flawed quality?

It shouldnt bother you because you dont know anyone on here personally

Everyone has opinions. You a big boy. Deal with it

Doesn't bother me, your the only who seems to be bothered with what other people do with their money.

Nope. Nobody is hurt but you crying about people complaining.

Go cry in your car bro

Last edited:
Nope. Nobody is hurt but you always crying about people complaining.

Go cry in your car bro

Complain all you want, you dudes just gotta stop acting like you have some higher level of appreciation for $170 shoes made in a chinese sweatshop that other consumers don't understand. Most of us just choose not to take shoes as seriously as others, it doesn't make us less aware.

Sure the quality isn't perfect but there aren't any other viable options to get this shoe for retail in 2014.

Theres nothing to cry about we're talking shoes, I even said I respect your viewpoint but you obviously can't handle an adult dialog.
Just go back to your idle complaints and telling us about how durabuck made a lasting impact in your life.

what happened to this thread lol it started out being hyped and now its a bunch of big boys crying 
roll.gif

This thread ain't ever gonna be civil.

This thread has no chill.

It should be renamed Infrared wars/Durabuck appreciation thread.

I can make that happen :lol:

But seriously, everyone has a right too their opinion. I understand wanting Durabuck, these shoes were designed too be made with it and should have it. But it is what it is, they're just shoes and if you don't like the material just move on, no need to attack members that like them and don't care about material. And just coming into this thread to complain over and over again is lame. The pairs in the last couple pics look pretty nice IMO. I own a pair from the pack and I have no problems with them, very nice shoe. And my 2000's are getting old a starting to come apart a little so I can't wear them anymore. So I really wanted a pair with Durabuck to wear but it's really not a big deal to me. I'm just going to pass. And when they drop again in a few years with Durabuck and NA on them I'll cop.

I can make that happen :lol:

But seriously, everyone has a right too their opinion. I understand wanting Durabuck, these shoes were designed too be made with it and should have it. But it is what it is, they're just shoes and if you don't like the material just move on, no need to attack members that like them and don't care about material. And just coming into this thread to complain over and over again is lame. The pairs in the last couple pics look pretty nice IMO. I own a pair from the pack and I have no problems with them, very nice shoe. And my 2000's are getting old a starting to come apart a little so I can't wear them anymore. So I really wanted a pair with Durabuck to wear but it's really not a big deal to me. I'm just going to pass. And when they drop again in a few years with Durabuck and NA on them I'll cop.
Is it wrong for a consumer to be more concerned about the color of the shoe vs. the material of the shoe being used?

The consumer has the right to be concerned with whatever they want. Neither is wrong. Certain things mean more to different people, you can never make everyone happy.
The color and material should be something JB would want to get right, but it's obvious it's not.

The consumer has the right to be concerned with whatever they want. Neither is wrong. Certain things mean more to different people, you can never make everyone happy.
The color and material should be something JB would want to get right, but it's obvious it's not.
Agreed. Fair enough.

Last edited:
For me I understand why people voice their opinions if they dont like the shoe because it isn't true to the original but why keep complaining over the same thing over and over again. Just voice it once and move on. No need to keep beating a dead horse. To me the consumer always speaks with their money so just pass happily and keep it moving. No need to keep complaining about the shoe or going at other people if you don't like it. (Not talking about you just people in general)

Nubuck and suede definitely cost more to produce than durabuck. Durabuck(chlorenol) is a vegan friendly product made from plastic.

Since they don't have nike on the back just pass on this release anybody else that feels the same can pass too I would really apreciate it. Also anybody who doesn't like the material or infrared color just pass and again I would really apreciate it.

Last edited:
you're absolutely correct about everyone making an effort to buy this shoe in this thread. But for me, I fall in the 1% who is NOT buying this shoe due to the choice of material used and price hike typical to Black Friday releases. I honestly can't buy something that isn't the way it was made originally. Hope you get your two pairs, for I will be buying nothing on Black Friday.

I understand where you're coming from man no doubt. But my issue is that most popular brands from car brands, apparel to electronics don't even offer retro or original products produced right down to their original specs. People fail to realize that this is a retro. Essentially a replica of the original. If you want the original you have to buy the original. If you want a 69 camaro you have to buy a 69 camaro. Or you can buy a replica mold and build one yourself. That which will never be the original from cheverlet made in 69'. You want original quality? Buy yourself some OGs. That's what you want anyway. JB will never give you it's OG masterpiece. JB doesn't owe that to you. It's good that they even offer new versions of the classic shoe. Sort of like a ode or paying of homage to the original. I for one can appreciate that. It's their product to be sold, not ours. At least it's JBs redention of their own classic and not some fake made by god knows who. What more can you ask for from a retro? You want OG, be the big bad collector you are and buy the originals.

Last edited:
Since they don't have nike on the back just pass on this release anybody else that feels the same can pass too I would really apreciate it. Also anybody who doesn't like the material or infrared color just pass and again I would really apreciate it.

your expectation is set very high I see ^^

At least the overall shape, upper materials, 3M, color shade and most likely the fitting should be quite good judging from most photos.
Honestly, a black Jumpman or black Nike Air isn't really obvious on that black upper.

And I don't think the black/infareds will be re-re-retroed so soon along the remastering starting next year.
But if you are that patient, that is fine.

@pimpjobu I applaud your principalities, that's the way it should be. Not happy with the product, for whatever reason, don't buy it. With that said when was the last time you purchased a JB retro? LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom