Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Michael Jordan always premiered the black base Jordan models around all-star time and playoffs which is where the love (at least for me) for the black modeled air Jordan's come from i.e blk/cement 3's, blk/cement 4's, black/metallic 5's etc.

But realistically the recent praising of the blk/infra 6's come from Kanye.

I remember when these retroed in '00 and literally no one cared about these. Same with the 2010 blk/varsity red. I saw them on sale for $90

Charcoal 7's > blk/infra 6's

I have to disagree bc anything before the concord release was pretty easy to get or sat. The olives sold out for god sakes and they didn't have kanye making them hot. I think Nike needs to stop retroing everything for a while. Who would of thought that I would be rocking the same shoes in 2014 that I wore when I was 11. We need air mag technology.

I have to disagree bc anything before the concord release was pretty easy to get or sat. The olives sold out for god sakes and they didn't have kanye making them hot. I think Nike needs to stop retroing everything for a while. Who would of thought that I would be rocking the same shoes in 2014 that I wore when I was 11. We need air mag technology.
Seriously, I never had a problem going to the store, 1-2 hours after opening and getting my size 11.5, up until the concord 11s which I ended up still getting but got lucky that my friends in line got me a pair without me knowing how serious the hype was gonna be. Bordeaux's, all 3s were beyond easy to get that year.

its so crazy that this shoe let alone all numbered jordan shoes are more popular some 17 20 23 29 years later

no other brand stays so popular over time
brands drop off and become popular for a lil minute again

but nothing like retros

alot of you guys where swimming in your daddy's sack before this shoe and so many others being released

amazing if you ask me

Last edited:
LOL @ DOUBLING TRIPLING AND QUADRUPLING UP ON THESE… SOME OF YALL MAKE IT HARD FOR YOURSELVES … ILL TAKE ONE PAIR PLEASE. THAT IS ALL. HOPE TO SEE THESE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL… SAME OL STORY

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier in this thread when reminiscing about the two VI og's I had. Any psych majors or professionals willing to dig and explain this phenomenon?
:0

Repped. That's the reason I wear em.. Long before anyone knew who Kanye was.

really hope we see these this year, brings back good memories when i was a lil kid playing outside enjoyingmy j's and watching MJ do his thing.

+1 Used to play basketball before and after school til dark rockin Js..

its so crazy that this shoe let alone this whole numbered jordan shoes are more popular some 17 20 23 29 years later

no other brand stays so popular over time
brands drop off and become popular for a lil minute again

but nothing like retros

alot of you guys where swimming in your daddy's sack before this shoe and so many others was released

amazing if you ask me

:rofl:

Don't know why ya'll are surprised. Just like you all like the shoe, your little brothers may have too, they're just old enough now to buy em themselves.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier in this thread when reminiscing about the two VI og's I had. Any psych majors or professionals willing to dig and explain this phenomenon?
:0

Quality design, being tied to one of the most iconic players of all time, and nostalgia?

These are the reasons I try to convince myself with but ex's & fam suggest it's arrested development (not the tv/online series).

:frown:

They might just be right :lol:

That paired with the mentalities of hoarders and a company willing to continually re-release the same shoes are a dangerous combination.

C'mon man you serious with that! Jordan's have been hot since numero uno! Jordan's made Ye.

Bruh y'all talking bout 91 like I was even born then :smokin

All I know is that Air Jordan's
were borin
before Ye wore em :smokin :smokin

Just picked up some DS 2000 infrareds. Air bubbles are pretty clear. You guys think these are still wearable or no? I'm pretty easy on my shoes when I'm wearing them.

View media item 766983

I've never seen 2000s in that condition lol. idk how they were stored but if the midsole is firm they are probably wearable. walk around your house in them to make sure the air unit won't break

You're walking on a tightrope with those bruh. My 2000 held up fine on me, but they weren't DS when I got them. How firm is the midsole? They should be hard but stil slightly spongy if you want to try wearing them. I'm not a collector kind of guy, so I'd say to shoot for a sole swap if you want a pair with Durabuck.

You're walking on a tightrope with those bruh. My 2000 held up fine on me, but they weren't DS when I got them. How firm is the midsole? They should be hard but stil slightly spongy if you want to try wearing them. I'm not a collector kind of guy, so I'd say to shoot for a sole swap if you want a pair with Durabuck.

Yeah the midsoles are hard, but spongy too. If I press on them, they bounce back. And I'm not into the collecting thing either, and I def don't want to sit and watch these wither away. Thanks for the input!

Yeah the midsoles are hard, but spongy too. If I press on them, they bounce back. And I'm not into the collecting thing either, and I def don't want to sit and watch these wither away. Thanks for the input!

You might be okay. Throw them on and take a little walk in your house in them. If they hold up, you might be good for a while.

Back
Top Bottom