Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

fair point.

For those of us whos sneaker interest is founded on what took place with Michael on the court, the colorways worn during those "defining moments" are elevated above other colorways unconsciously.

nevertheless, all of the OG VIs are classics.

Yep. It made them that much more exciting seeing Mike work em on the court. I remember sitting on the edge of my seat watching him work his magic.. Back then on the 19" with the knobs that came off. And when you lost em you had to use some plyers to change the channel. :lol:

I never got the whole certain seasons certain kicks thing. :stoneface:

That was never something I paid any thought to either

I'm pretty much wearing whatever I want whenever I want unless there's ice on the ground. I'm not a fan of busting my ***, so I wear boots at that point :lol:

Last edited:
Yep. It made them that much more exciting seeing Mike work em on the court. I remember sitting on the edge of my seat watching him work his magic.. Back then on the 19" with the knobs that came off. And when you lost em you had to use some plyers to change the channel. :lol:[/ I don't know bout all that butI remenber in 1990-1992 when I was 12 watching jodan playing in the jordan 6s and we had a tv with a remote and it was a 32 inch I know this cus me and my sister used to argue over who gets to watch what channel on the tv

Last edited:
Will most likely cop. Still have the pack, and I'll keep these on ice until I have to decommission those. These are definitely in my top 5.

Last edited:
That was never something I paid any thought to either

I'm pretty much wearing whatever I want whenever I want unless there's ice on the ground. I'm not a fan of busting my ***, so I wear boots at that point
laugh.gif
Exactly, luckily for me Ewings are basically boots so I still get to wear the kicks I love even when there is ice on the ground. 
nthat.gif
 And to me wearing white shoes in the snow always made sense lmao just kick snow and when it melts it cleans off the kicks 
laugh.gif
 jk I don't kick snow ...... Or do I ? 
nerd.gif

I think the whole "seasonal" kicks come from the type of clothing/colors you wear in that season.

Bright colored shoes/clothes may be worn more in the summer?

Idk, just thinking out loud. Lol. :roll eyes

^^^^^^^

God, I hope that's not the real reason
mean.gif

For me, these were the first pair of Jordans I can remember taking notice of

Plus those  '91 Finals where they played the Lakers and won their first championship was the first time I really started following basketball and the NBA

So these are a must cop for nostalgic reasons

^^^^^^^

God, I hope that's not the real reason
mean.gif

For me, these were the first pair of Jordans I can remember taking notice of

Plus those  '91 Finals where they played the Lakers and won their first championship was the first time I really started following basketball and the NBA

So these are a must cop for nostalgic reasons
Nah you right b, Kanye fans love to think Kanye started anything fashion/shoe wise.

Honestly, I think they're so popular because they are simply gorgeous lol at least for these "newer" kids cause it can't be nostalgic. For me, being born in '92, I remember seeing a kid on my elementary school basketball team had them on and I was hooked. This was like in '04 so I caught them nice and yellow but I still loved em. I remember asking my mom to go to footlocker and get them for me, of course they didn't have them in '04 but they did have the charcoal/true red 7s in stock from '02 so I got those instead. Great times.

Just turning 19 yesterday I wasn't able to see and remember Jordan in his prime only his wizard days but when I first seen this pair when I got in sneaker (in 6th grade) I fell in love. Still wish I was born a little early to see the GOAT play

really hope we see these this year, brings back good memories when i was a lkttle kid playing outside enjoying my j's and watching MJ do his thing.

Last edited:
Michael Jordan always premiered the black base Jordan models around all-star time and playoffs which is where the love (at least for me) for the black modeled air Jordan's come from i.e blk/cement 3's, blk/cement 4's, black/metallic 5's etc.

But realistically the recent praising of the blk/infra 6's come from Kanye.

I remember when these retroed in '00 and literally no one cared about these. Same with the 2010 blk/varsity red. I saw them on sale for $90

Charcoal 7's > blk/infra 6's

Last edited:
Michael Jordan always premiered the black base Jordan models around all-star time and playoffs which is where the love (at least for me) for the black modeled air Jordan's come from i.e blk/cement 3's, blk/cement 4's, black/metallic 5's etc.

But realistically the recent praising of the blk/infra 6's come from Kanye.

I remember when these retroed in '00 and literally no one cared about these. Same with the 2010 blk/varsity red. I saw them on sale for $90

Charcoal 7's > blk/infra 6's

I wouldn't say no one cared about these in '00, maybe not where you are. There was plenty of people that cared about them. I still got my pair. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom