Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Closer and closer
pimp.gif
That's exactly going to happen when these get in!

Yeah OK
eyes.gif
It's people like you that allow JB to pass off these sub par retros and charge a premium for them. If you don't care about changes to shape, color, and material that's your choice.But for people like me that grew up with OG's that had quality materials, right shape and a certain color, that makes us old heads want the shoes the way they first released, the way they were meant to be. There's no reason we shouldn't expect retros to be as close to OG's as possible.
while i agree with you completely, ive come to accept the fact that nothing good lasts forever.  it would be amazing if retros were actually as close to og's as possible but sadly all good things come to an end. not to say that they couldn't do it, but it's better to not hope for something and be dissapointed than to let it go and be pleasantly surprised if it does happen. 

just the way i see it. 
smile.gif

Yeah OK :rolleyes It's people like you that allow JB to pass off these sub par retros and charge a premium for them. If you don't care about changes to shape, color, and material that's your choice.But for people like me that grew up with OG's that had quality materials, right shape and a certain color, that makes us old heads want the shoes the way they first released, the way they were meant to be. There's no reason we shouldn't expect retros to be as close to OG's as possible.

so don't buy current Js.
Expecting current kicks to mirror those that came out 20 years ago is asinine
Especially when we are all aware of the decline in quality in recent years...this is nothing new.
If it "hurts" you so badly just don't buy them.
I'm only speaking for myself and I'm just tired of seeing y'all harp on the same issues in every thread when y'all already know what time it is with Jordan Brand.
If you want OGs then go pay for those OGs lol

Last edited:
nothing is the same these days. you would prolly pay 4-5 hundred today for the same buttery leather that was on those 90s retros

Yeah OK :rolleyes It's people like you that allow JB to pass off these sub par retros and charge a premium for them. If you don't care about changes to shape, color, and material that's your choice.But for people like me that grew up with OG's that had quality materials, right shape and a certain color, that makes us old heads want the shoes the way they first released, the way they were meant to be. There's no reason we shouldn't expect retros to be as close to OG's as possible.

so don't buy current Js.
Expecting current kicks to mirror those that came out 20 years ago is asinine
Especially when we are all aware of the decline in quality in recent years...this is nothing new.
If it "hurts" you so badly just don't buy them.
I'm only speaking for myself and I'm just tired of seeing y'all harp on the same issues in every thread when y'all already know what time it is with Jordan Brand.
If you want OGs then go pay for those OGs lol

I pretty much have stopped buying current J's. And there's no reason why JB couldn't produce retros exactly like the OG's, their just shoes it's not that hard. If you think JB can't produce shoes with quality materials, the right shape and with the right shade of color your sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
I pretty much have stopped buying current J's. And there's no reason why JB couldn't produce retros exactly like the OG's, their just shoes it's not that hard. If you don't think JB can't produce shoes with quality materials, the right shape and with the right shade of color your sadly mistaken.

Stop living in the past.
the 80's and 90's are over and they aren't coming back.
Those molds are gone...live with it.

The only difference in quality now and quality then iis social media! LOL back in the day you didn't know Dougie from Detroit had glue stains. I feel like a lot of this is revisionist history, "I used walk uphill to school both ways". But seriously there were differences in shape color etc but at this point to buy em and expect any thing other than what you been getting is foolish. Wait on the remastered versions bwaaahaaaahaaa! Its gonna be the same thing ...

Last edited:
The only difference in quality now and quality then iis social media! LOL back in the day you didn't know Dougie from Detroit had glue stains. I feel like a lot of this is revisionist history, "I used walk uphill to school both ways". But seriously there were differences in shape color etc but at this point to buy em and expect any thing other than what you been getting the is foolish. Wait on the remastered versions bwaaahaaaahaaa! Its gonna be the same thing ...

All I'm saying.

I pretty much have stopped buying current J's. And there's no reason why JB couldn't produce retros exactly like the OG's, their just shoes it's not that hard. If you don't think JB can't produce shoes with quality materials, the right shape and with the right shade of color your sadly mistaken.

Stop living in the past.

I'm living in the past because I believe JB could produce retros pretty much the same as OG's? OK whatever :lol:

Stop living in the past.

I'm living in the past because I believe JB could produce retros pretty much the same as OG's? OK whatever :lol:

What they don't understand is Nike/jordan brand set the expectation of retros mirroring OGs when the started the retros in 1994, and up until the true blue 3 in 2001, they had no problem creating accurate retros, WITHOUT RAISING THE PRICE. So it's not like we're holding them to some unreal expectation, they themselves set the bar.

Now come up with an excuse as to why they can't do what they did quality wise in 2001-2003.

I'll wait...

Last edited:
What they don't understand is Nike/jordan brand set the expectation of retros mirroring OGs when the started the retros in 1994, and up until the true blue 3 in 2001, they had no problem creating accurate retros, WITHOUT RAISING THE PRICE. So it's not like we're holding them to some unreal expectation, they themselves set the bar.

Now come up with an excuse as to why they can't do what they did quality wise in 2001-2003.

I'll wait...
This.

Adidas has been making the exact same shell toes for 25 years, Reebok stop making the pump  for 15 years and came out recently with the exact shoes.  Jordan takes over his brand and all of a sudden quality starts to decline dramatically. He is cutting corners to make his profit margin increase. So you telling me Reebok and Nike can keep their original shoes very close to 1:1, but Jordan brand can't and we shouldnt expect them to???????  Sorry but that makes no sense. But i'm afraid to say, It does make dollars........................For JB

This.

Adidas has been making the exact same shell toes for 25 years, Reebok stop making the pump  for 15 years and came out recently with the exact shoes.  Jordan takes over his brand and all of a sudden quality starts to decline dramatically. He is cutting corners to make his profit margin increase. So you telling me Reebok and Nike can keep their original shoes very close to 1:1, but Jordan brand can't and we shouldnt expect them to???????  Sorry but that makes no sense. But i'm afraid to say, It does make dollars........................For JB
just business. just make sure he cuts us all a check when he finally flips his estate
laugh.gif

This.

Excellent point. Adidas superstar are still being made the same way even though they're an "old" shoe from "the past".

Stop living in the past.
"Those molds are gone" oh dude, how naive are you?

The only thing that is different is their business plan...

The degradation of the product with raise of the price is all an executed correctly plan in order to raise the price even further and give "quality" or "remastered" kicks... Honestly, it doesnt take a lot of processing power of your brain to figure it out. Its a business plan for them to get richer.

They still have the molds, they still can get quality materials, everything that was in past releases is in the vault.

Remember one thing tho, It doesnt cost $180 to make a pair of jordans, its closer to $20, rest is just profit (but im pulling this fact out of my a*s).

Last edited:

I'll wait...
Keep waiting. Of course they can if they want to...but why should they? Sales are only getting better. SHoes are selling out faster than ever. 

As a business minded person, if you are one, you should be asking yourself "Why would they use more expensive materials, and increase cost, and lessen profit margin?" 

Y'all wanna complain but refuse to think logically.

Time to play devil's advocate and get flamed like I'm in the pits of hell......

Am I the only one that has noticed the improvement in the choice of releases and in some areas of the quality? Someone above mention 2000-2003, but do you guys remember what happened after those short good years??? some of the worst quality ever and the DRIEST YEARS for any Jordan sneaker lover (No XI's for years when now we get them EVERY year and slew of lacklutster colorways those years).

Am I really the only one who has noticed that they are at least making an attempt to giving us what we want? Case in point: the 2010 infrared vs these set to release. As if they read every post in these threads,they went back and "fixed" everything from adding 3m to correcting the color and material.

We live in good times. Sure, they could be better, but when in JB retro history before could we say "I know for sure this year there will be a release close to OG form" or "I just thrashed my XIs. No big deal they release some EVERY year" or (Best of all) "I know this year we'll see a good retro run of the model that's in it's 23rd year". The answer is never...Never have we had it so good. Of course we PAY out the ***, but things are better now than they have been for a very long time.

I'm in no way saying that people should not complain. The complaints are what got things to where they are now. And I'm sure in my 9 years on these boards the bulk of my post have been complaints about things I was told over and over again would never change. but some of them have changed. So, I'm with you guys 100%! Keep pushing for quality products we know that they are capable of giving us. But all I'm trying to say is, don't forget how far we've come......

Last edited:
Stop living in the past.
This post is just 
mean.gif

If you said this referring to music or sports THEN it would make sense but in this context? NO.

Nike/Jordan is making these shoes BASED off of shoes clearly from the 80's & 90's so why can't we expect them to make them the same way they originally were?

Also, @Marciatelli  addressed this topic perfectly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom