Black NTers: Do you head nod/say what up to random black people JUST because they're black?

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

2qa8vw1.jpg
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
White people stay doing that to me.

I only head nod to people who don't look like squares, and only if we happen to make eye contact...otherwise it just looks awkward if they have no cluewhat im doing.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I do that to whomever I make eye contact w/ regardless of race.

But it most happens with brothas.

Sometimes I try to say good morning or hi to white person and they turn into Usain Bolt.
smh.gif

my town's got a racist past, so we all acknowledge one another even if we dont know each other. keep it like we're all fam. when i'm in the citythough, i notice we can be on some stuck up mean mug crap, so i stay to myself.

So you guys nod to everyone if they make eye contact? What if its just glancing?
How long does the look have to be before you offer them a head nod? Do you guys
nod your head to females?

I give the head nod to the older gentlemen and sometimes I might say what up to a dude my age or younger if that ice grill mode is in effect.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

So you guys nod to everyone if they make eye contact? What if its just glancing?
How long does the look have to be before you offer them a head nod? Do you guys
nod your head to females?

I mean..its usually a couple of seconds, like 2-3. After you establish that there isn't a problem..a little head nod, "whats good/up?","good morning sis.." can make a persons day.

With chicks its a different story...any glance that lasts longer than a second is an invitation for convo. If I see an interested glance, hit em with a"how you doing?", "you look tired", "long day at work?", "You doing some shopping?"...something spur of the moment...ifthey smile and give a decent response...move closer, continue the convo and seal the deal. Usually by the time we get to the end of the block, names andnumbers are exchanged...if she was really interested in the first place.

YES ... its funny cuz its true . Black people do it all the time . i be walking and an older black dude " NOD " , I just say whats up and keep on myway . its funny but true .

When I'm in a situation where black people are scarce and I see one pop up, A nod is in order...
pimp.gif

But when I'm in the city, Nah. Unless it's somebody I know.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I do that to whomever I make eye contact w/ regardless of race.

pretty much

Black people definitely are more friendly towards me off the bat in public though, if i'm walking down the street and a stranger says whats up to me 9/10times it's a black person

Friendly people are friendly people though, people of all races say whats up to me and i to them

Don't try the nod with a lesbian chick that dress like a thug because they'll think you want to fight.

Happened to me once...

Back
Top Bottom