Black People and the Church

Can I get a thread title called black people and the church change please.Im not trying to offend or open this up for bashing of black women.Shoefreakbabby is right then again I ain't never seen her wrong or at all

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Can I get a thread title called black people and the church change please.Im not trying to offend or open this up for bashing of black women.Shoefreakbabby is right then again I ain't never seen her wrong or at all

laugh.gif

You are a mess, just dont date Christians
 your problems will go away.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

laugh.gif

Thing is I have no problem with their religious choice but It irks me because a large amount in Houston are and that's all seem to come across in college.

look some more / change neighborhood / change city / change state / change outlook / change country

you want something that is not available to you in your current area or situation. look further or change your wants. deal with it dot gif.

Yea you are in the south so damn you have to deal with those die hard Christian strippers that get high/drunk and cheat on entrance exams. Good luck to you man.

I wouldn't have a problem with their demands if they actually did anything Christian like outside of Sunday Morning.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

laugh.gif

Thing is I have no problem with their religious choice but It irks me because a large amount in Houston are and that's all seem to come across in college.

Well search harder man, they have non believers out there.

If you have a problem with them banning music, Im sure you arent going to stay when they say no smashing.

You may not have a problem with their religious beliefs but you have a problem in the way they lead there lives (hence this thread)

I have heard ppl saying Christians dont believe in science, but I have never heard history
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea you are in the south so damn you have to deal with those die hard Christian strippers that get high/drunk and cheat on entrance exams.
These chicks do irk me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea you are in the south so damn you have to deal with those die hard Christian strippers that get high/drunk and cheat on entrance exams. Good luck to you man.
I live in the South too and I've never ran into a female of any color as extreme as the one in OP's case.

Thread - TL; DR: The church helped to gather and organize people, but is no longer needed to lead the black community. The spiritual/supernatural claims of religion are still not supported with any fact.

The issue is, that the church signified a place where the movements of the 50's/60's funneled through. It was a place where they could meet free of police interference, and civil rights really does owe a lot to the church for that reason. My issue about why so many blacks still go, is why? What has the church done for you lately? I remember when I heard one of the most talented pastors preach one weekend. Sure enough after the service, this guy pulls out in a Sclass Benz, and I have the 
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
 face on.
This guy just moved a guy (me) from the pulpit-something very few pastors have done to me, yet he pulls out in a 150k car.
roll.gif

His congregation was taken. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Thread - TL; DR: The church helped to gather and organize people, but is no longer needed to lead the black community. The spiritual/supernatural claims of religion are still not supported with any fact.

What did I just watch did they just annoit a man king Who knowingly touched children and destroyed their sexual psyche .I gotta go back in watch this twice because I'm confised

Originally Posted by kix4kix

The issue is, that the church signified a place where the movements of the 50's/60's funneled through. It was a place where they could meet free of police interference, and civil rights really does owe a lot to the church for that reason. My issue about why so many blacks still go, is why? What has the church done for you lately? I remember when I heard one of the most talented pastors preach one weekend. Sure enough after the service, this guy pulls out in a Sclass Benz, and I have the 
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
 face on.
This guy just moved a guy (me) from the pulpit-something very few pastors have done to me, yet he pulls out in a 150k car.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Its supposed to be a place where like minded individuals go to fellowship and grow in their walk. School.

I don't know how he got that car but don't let images like that muddy up the intended purpose. Some have abused the word for their own benefit. As many have done with other things in life. Sad but that's the way things are in these days.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by kix4kix

grin.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
 face on.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Its supposed to be a place where like minded individuals go to fellowship and grow in their walk. School.

I don't know how he got that car but don't let images like that muddy up the intended purpose. Some have abused the word for their own benefit. As many have done with other things in life. Sad but that's the way things are in these days.
Sure, my intent was never to belittle the act of going to church. But the fact that blacks identify church with their community when in actuality things like the aforementioned are going on. Sleeping with women in the church, driving luxury cars, my beef is with the administrative side that goes along with faith in the black community, not the community itself. It just pains me to see how the black church was once so instrumental in the very survival of the black community, and now.......it's as fake as Beverly Hills. 

Where do you guys live, I drive a better car then both of my pastors.
One pastor does security on the side, the other non profit.
One wears old jays, the other got mad cause the church bought him and expensive suit.

Where do you guys live that yah keep running into these cash money pastors?

I've noticed this behaviour via friends of older relatives. It usually kicks in at about the mid 20's to early 30's. Perhaps look for intelligent AND secular 20 - 30 year olds as apposed to just intelligent black women. I just realized you never specified that the women you were talking to were intelligent. Never mind, just ignore the church mongers and keep going.

Back
Top Bottom