Black People Don't Tip Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's over the line. Not gonna look through the thread for other offenders.

Lock this up
. Delete this ****.

Servers should have the same incentive to perform their job satisfactorily as every other employee in the world, you can be fired/replaced. And it should in fact be stronger with them since their job only requires a 3rd grade level education and thus the pool of potential replacements is much larger than say, a doctor or any other job based on a real skill.

Get started on that crusade then, fam. Until they get paid full wages, tip your server or eat at McDonalds.
lol, im not in the that industry, tell them to do it. in the mean time, they should try looking for a new job, instead of complaining bout tips.

And this thread has been derailed.

A similar tipping thread will probably be made within the next month or two though and all the usual faces will post in it.

Til next time guys

Just my two cents,

People don't choose waiting jobs because they are stupid or incapable of finding a better paying jobs, they choose it because they actually pay pretty good if people do what they are supposed to do and tip them. Tips are good money for waiters.

People in here with the mindset that tipping is not a social norm, something optional that you shouldn't have to do if you don't want are thinking about it all wrong or were taught wrong. You tip, thats what you do, it's not a personal preference. It's like holding the door for someone behind you or opening the door for the elderly. Yeah, you don't have to do it if you don't want but why be an a-hole? Sounding like a five year old with all that "I shouldn't have to if I don't want to or no one is gonna make me" nonsense. Act like an adult.

That said, some people really can't afford to tip good or tip at all. That $2 some suburban high school waiter looks down on might really mean something to a single mother of 3 who wants to go out to dinner on occasion. Lot of people don't really know what it's like to HAVE TO stretch some measly dollar bills. Considering whites are generally more well off than blacks in this country, it shouldn't be a surprise. Some of yall waiters might got it 10x better than the folks you look down for no/low tipping.

For the record I tip 15%-20% regardless. When I was an unemployed kid I may have left a dollar or two or less if I was broke. Now days if the bill is $31 and all I have is 2 $20's I'll just leave it and go unless the service was absolutely horrible. I'm black/white if it matters.

No it's not. He gets paid a full wage. Servers in restaurants do not. I'm not saying you have to leave them a 50% tip, but if you can't afford at least 15% tip, then stay home and cook up a Totino's pizza with your hard earned, miserly wages.

It's interesting to see how people attribute paying and not paying a tip with income levels. Like I didnt just order a meal plus 10% tax and if dont feel the need to pay extra to cover the employers distribution through cheap labor Im all of sudden cheap, poor or need to stay at home. :lol: For 15% extra? Thats the difference between rich & poor to you? :lol:

"Its not about the wages but it is about the wages."

"If you dont tip you're poor, eventhough you just spent a $100 on food the extra $15 means you're cheap"

"You should tip because of the service. But only dining services the rest of the 100s of services you deal with weekly dont count."

It's almost like you've been brainwashed. :lol:

I hate thinking for myself its lonely on here :smh:

Just my two cents,

People don't choose waiting jobs because they are stupid or incapable of finding a better paying jobs, they choose it because they actually pay pretty good if people do what they are supposed to do and tip them. Tips are good money for waiters.

People in here with the mindset that tipping is not a social norm, something optional that you shouldn't have to do if you don't want are thinking about it all wrong or were taught wrong. You tip, thats what you do, it's not a personal preference. It's like holding the door for someone behind you or opening the door for the elderly. Yeah, you don't have to do it if you don't want but why be an a-hole? Sounding like a five year old with all that "I shouldn't have to if I don't want to or no one is gonna make me" nonsense. Act like an adult.

That said, some people really can't afford to tip good or tip at all. That $2 some suburban high school waiter looks down on might really mean something to a single mother of 3 who wants to go out to dinner on occasion. Lot of people don't really know what it's like to HAVE TO stretch some measly dollar bills. Considering whites are generally more well off than blacks in this country, it shouldn't be a surprise. Some of yall waiters might got it 10x better than the folks you look down for no/low tipping.

For the record I tip 15%-20% regardless. When I was an unemployed kid I may have left a dollar or two or less if I was broke. Now days if the bill is $31 and all I have is 2 $20's I'll just leave it and go unless the service was absolutely horrible. I'm black/white if it matters.

B-b-b-but what if that person isnt a good tipper? I'm not gonna hold the door for him. He doesn't tip. Don't let him be a person of color! I might not even look his way!

Just my two cents,

I've been super broke, and I've had dough. When I was broke, I stayed in my lane and ate McDonalds, etc. Didn't waste money putting rims on my raggedy car, didn't really care about coppin' Js or nice clothes.Problem is these days, everyone tryin' to play out of their league.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my South Park reference. I will now leave this thread. 

On the real, I don't even think that was a real documentary. That 4 minute trailer was all I could find.

I have been a server for 10 years.  I have two college degrees and still work as a server because I have yet to be offered a job that pays me as much as I make waiting tables.  If you are good at it you can make great money.  I make enough to pay my car note, do what I want, pay my bills, and support my sneaker habbit.  I can tell you if a table is going to tip me before they even sit down.  I know this is going to sound bad, but I used to hate to wait on certain black tables.  Just like I used to hate to wait on rednecks..  And teenagers..  And groups of nurses...  Now, I treat everyone the same because I don't care anymore.  Usually, someone will make up for the bad tables.  It is not stereotyping to say that black people usually do not tip as well.  Like I said, I have ten years experience doing this.  Also, I am not mad or bitter about it.  I can say this as a 100% fact.  When I was still in school for extra credit in a sociology class me and another friend who was also a server went listen to a professor present his doctorial thesis.  He did it on the stereotype that blacks get poorer service because they do not tip.  We completely tore up his whole argument.  By the end he was so frustrated that he asked us to stop so he could finish.  Mind you, he was asking for feedback as he was speaking.  This also took place at a historically black institution.  Like I said, I am not even mad.  I treat everyone exactly the same when I wait on them.  I have gotten many, many, many great tips from black tables.  But, the problem with black tables is not that they don't tip.  Like I said, there are several "groups" that are notorious to servers for not tipping.  I am a heterosexual male, but I could care less to wait on a table of hot girls.  They are not great tippers.  But, the problem is that a lot of black tables come in with a chip on their shoulders.  They come expecting things to be wrong and looking for things to complain about.  It gets to the point that you cannot please them.  I think that is more of a problem than the not tipping.  Serving is a hard job, so coming in and just making someone's job harder than it already is is a problem.

This thread is full of ____________

I damn near choked on my drink. :lol:

I wonder what color the banned message screen is on here?

That feeling when you logged in and got greeted with the blue screen, :smh:.

Last edited:
I have been a server for 10 years.  I have two college degrees and still work as a server because I have yet to be offered a job that pays me as much as I make waiting tables.  If you are good at it you can make great money.  I make enough to pay my car note, do what I want, pay my bills, and support my sneaker habbit.  I can tell you if a table is going to tip me before they even sit down.  I know this is going to sound bad, but I used to hate to wait on certain black tables.  Just like I used to hate to wait on rednecks..  And teenagers..  And groups of nurses...  Now, I treat everyone the same because I don't care anymore.  Usually, someone will make up for the bad tables.  It is not stereotyping to say that black people usually do not tip as well.  Like I said, I have ten years experience doing this.  Also, I am not mad or bitter about it.  I can say this as a 100% fact.  When I was still in school for extra credit in a sociology class me and another friend who was also a server went listen to a professor present his doctorial thesis.  He did it on the stereotype that blacks get poorer service because they do not tip.  We completely tore up his whole argument.  By the end he was so frustrated that he asked us to stop so he could finish.  Mind you, he was asking for feedback as he was speaking.  This also took place at a historically black institution.  Like I said, I am not even mad.  I treat everyone exactly the same when I wait on them.  I have gotten many, many, many great tips from black tables.  But, the problem with black tables is not that they don't tip.  Like I said, there are several "groups" that are notorious to servers for not tipping.  I am a heterosexual male, but I could care less to wait on a table of hot girls.  They are not great tippers.  But, the problem is that a lot of black tables come in with a chip on their shoulders.  They come expecting things to be wrong and looking for things to complain about. It gets to the point that you cannot please them.  I think that is more of a problem than the not tipping.  Serving is a hard job, so coming in and just making someone's job harder than it already is is a problem.

I have a feeling that the people in this thread who don't tip act this way when they eat out.

I have been a server for 10 years.  I have two college degrees and still work as a server because I have yet to be offered a job that pays me as much as I make waiting tables.  If you are good at it you can make great money.  I make enough to pay my car note, do what I want, pay my bills, and support my sneaker habbit.  I can tell you if a table is going to tip me before they even sit down.  I know this is going to sound bad, but I used to hate to wait on certain black tables.  Just like I used to hate to wait on rednecks..  And teenagers..  And groups of nurses...  Now, I treat everyone the same because I don't care anymore.  Usually, someone will make up for the bad tables.  It is not stereotyping to say that black people usually do not tip as well.  Like I said, I have ten years experience doing this.  Also, I am not mad or bitter about it.  I can say this as a 100% fact.  When I was still in school for extra credit in a sociology class me and another friend who was also a server went listen to a professor present his doctorial thesis.  He did it on the stereotype that blacks get poorer service because they do not tip.  We completely tore up his whole argument.  By the end he was so frustrated that he asked us to stop so he could finish.  Mind you, he was asking for feedback as he was speaking.  This also took place at a historically black institution.  Like I said, I am not even mad.  I treat everyone exactly the same when I wait on them.  I have gotten many, many, many great tips from black tables.  But, the problem with black tables is not that they don't tip.  Like I said, there are several "groups" that are notorious to servers for not tipping.  I am a heterosexual male, but I could care less to wait on a table of hot girls.  They are not great tippers.  But, the problem is that a lot of black tables come in with a chip on their shoulders.  They come expecting things to be wrong and looking for things to complain about.  It gets to the point that you cannot please them.  I think that is more of a problem than the not tipping.  Serving is a hard job, so coming in and just making someone's job harder than it already is is a problem.
Repped. This is a waiter I can respect.

btw, I usually tip 20% if i get the "minimum" service.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom