Black People Don't Tip Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality service is a luxury. A server really doesn't have to do anymore then the minimum job requirements. A good server will do more and put a better effort in to provide the customers with a good overall expierence though.

No individual regardless of their race should get minimal service off the bat regardless of their race or any perceived stereotypes.

However as I said before, if I were the server and I was attending to two different tables of customers I served before, if one tipped me and the other didn't, the customer that tipped me would get service above and beyond my job requirements, while the non tipper would receive the bare minimum average that's asked of me. The tipping table would be a priority while the non tipping table would be attended to after I took care of everyone else

The &&%$% are you talking about? LUXURY? are you serious? The minimum IS quality service. You most likely don't know which table will tip and which wont. You should be working equally for ALL tables with first come first serve priority. What is with this over-entitlement mentality from people in food service in America?!?

Come to Japan, see how service is suppose to be done.

Lol again why are you concerned with their wage? Why can't you just worry about the service they gave you and tip accordingly? If a server made $16 or $2 it shouldn't matter. A tip is based on performance and service not to make up their low wages. Lol I swear some of yal try so hard to justify your cheapness.
Oh so you tip EVERYONE who is providing a service?

From the UPS guy to the guy who helped you find the best tablet at Best Buy? How much do you decide to pay the guy who helped you find an item in the store? 20% of your receipt?

What if you end up not buying something but the guy worked his tail off providing "exceptional service" am I still obligated to pay him?

Or is it just the American Dining industry that conditioned people to pay their employees salary?

Because in Europe a country known for much better fine dining than America tipping is not a big issue.

Just say you've been conditioned to tip waiters because you've heard "Thats the only way they get paid" because if its not about the wages you should tip EVERYONE who provides you with a service no matter if its their job

It's a different custom in Japan. In Japan and European countries tipping isn't seen as a norm and if I'm not mistaken they pay their employees proper wages rather then relying on the customer to cover that part so its different out there.

To answer your "you don't know which tables will tip and which tables won't part" your right, which is why I said everyone deserved quality service the first time around.

However if you didn't leave me a tip knowing that its a social norm what incentive do I have to offer you quality service next time around, I'll wait your table but your getting the bare minimum asked for on my job requirements as opposed to a table of customers I remembered from the last time that tipped well.

Bottom line, above and beyond service is a luxury, and average service is a requirement.

Lol I just love dudes are really trying to justify their cheap ways with "get a better job" or worrying about their wage lol. What does that have to do with anything??

It's all about service and the golden rule. Why do you have to be such a **** about it?

Even when I visited other countries that don't customarily tipped, I still left something cause I'm used to it/ good karma.

Last edited:
Oh this a black thing now? Guess I need to show this to my other black friends who ask why I don't tip.

Anyway, as usual I'll just say it isn't my concern or obligation to pay your wage. You chose a job that pays poorly, no reason that you should get extra money because your incompetence in job choices. What you need to do is form a union and strike til you get paid adequately. If you're income is reliant on tips you're on the same level as panhandlers, prostitutes ore even above you.

EDIT

Oh I see now we're on that you must've not been raised properly explanation for ppl who don't tip. It's always something in new in these threads.

I see the same hypocrites steady talking about the non-tippers character and in the same breath condoning and outright advocating tampering with a customers food. Yall nothing but scumbags.

Lol again why are you concerned with their wage? Why can't you just worry about the service they gave you and tip accordingly? If a server made $16 or $2 it shouldn't matter. A tip is based on performance and service not to make up their low wages. Lol I swear some of yal try so hard to justify your cheapness.
Hold on, if their wage isn't an issue AT ALL, if it's not being brought up as an excuse there's no reason at all for me to tip them.

I don't tip ppl for doing their job. It's their job, they're paid to do it. You don't get a tip for doing it. Whether they do it well or badly is irrelevant. If you're taking up this kind of stance then it'd be much more important to tip police officers and doctors. I'm not tipping someone for taking my order and bringing me my food, if that's what you feel they deserve a tip for you're crazy. Good performance and service is what should be present AT ALL TIMES regardless of tip.

Last edited:
Lol I just love dudes are really trying to justify their cheap ways with "get a better job" or worrying about their wage lol. What does that have to do with anything??

It's all about service and the golden rule. Why do you have to be such a **** about it?

Even when I visited other countries that don't customarily tipped, I still left something cause I'm used to it/ good karma.

Why dont you tip your mailman daily?

Why dont you tip your mailman daily?

Because he already gets paid a full wage by our tax money. You shouldn't be eating out if you aren't going to tip. Tipping is customary because you are paying for a service. The restaurant provides the food, the server provides the service. If you don't want to tip, then stay at home and eat or get takeout. I have never seen a restaurant that didn't allow call in/take out orders.

You sound like one of those dudes who goes to the strip club and buys one bottom shelf drink and nurses it the whole night, not tipping any of the dancers and getting zero attention, or a quarter beer night regular.

Last edited:
Over or under this thread goes 15 pages.

End of the day if you tip, you tip

If you don't you don't.

Both teams played hard

Last edited:
It's a different custom in Japan. In Japan and European countries tipping isn't seen as a norm and if I'm not mistaken they pay their employees proper wages rather then relying on the customer to cover that part so its different out there.

To answer your "you don't know which tables will tip and which tables won't part" your right, which is why I said everyone deserved quality service the first time around.

However if you didn't leave me a tip knowing that its a social norm what incentive do I have to offer you quality service next time around, I'll wait your table but your getting the bare minimum asked for on my job requirements as opposed to a table of customers I remembered from the last time that tipped well.

Bottom line, above and beyond service is a luxury, and average service is a requirement.
Thats right. So you dont have to deal with BS like this. You get good service no matter where you go, no excuses. Waiters and Waitresses need to start complaining they arent getting PAID enough by the minimum wage for their industry instead of complaining and judging customers based on whether they might tip or not.

What incentive? its your freaking job. If the Pizza delivery man said, "fudge it, This non-tipper aint gettin his pizza in under an hour." thats bad business on YOUR part. Tips should not judge what type of service you give, regardless of tip history. You need to do your job, to the best of your ability at all time. if not, you need to be fired.

Because he already gets paid a full wage by our tax money?
But its not about wages....Its about "exceptional service" :nerd:
See what I'm talking about?

Mailmen doing their job in any type of weather and they get your mail to you at a reasonable time, and if you catch them delivering your mail to you it's always with a smile and a greeting, yet no tip but I'm suppose to tip someone who takes my order, might refill my drink, and carries my food from the kitchen to my table.

Not happening.

Last edited:
What about ordering take out? Half the receipts I get these days, whether its a restaurant that I call in and pick up from to go, or my local deli that I frequent probably every day, when I look at the receipt it says sub total $10.70, tip $_____, total amount $_____ and I always hit the 
grin.gif
 and keep it moving. 

Do white people consider that scum bag steve status? (I don't really care I just want to know if these bammas are spitting in my food cause they feel like they deserve something).

As for tipping when dining out, I usually tip 20% out of habit, I sure as hell round down though. 
laugh.gif

Service is less than satisfactory a good 50% of the time too. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I remember one time back in the day I was in the bar and about to go grab a drink, my boy (white guy/scrub) asks me to grab him a beer and hands me the dough, exact change for the drink. I said "Where's the tip?". He was on that same tip; "Man, F them, I'm not giving em a tip to serve a drink". I gave him his dough back and told him to go get it himself. I went and copped my drinks, leaving a $5 tip. I stopped rockin' with dude shortly after that. I recenlty found out that he lives in a homeless shelter downtown.

No it's not. He gets paid a full wage. Servers in restaurants do not. I'm not saying you have to leave them a 50% tip, but if you can't afford at least 15% tip, then stay home and cook up a Totino's pizza with your hard earned, miserly wages.

See what I'm talking about?

Mailmen doing their job in any type of weather and they get your mail to you at a reasonable time, and if you catch them delivering your mail to you it's always with a smile and a greeting, yet no tip but I'm suppose to tip someone who takes my order, might refill my drink, and carries my food from the kitchen to my table.

Not happening.

I don't know what you are talking about, my mailman has lost the last three packages I was supposed to receive from Eastbay.

No it's not. He gets paid a full wage. Servers in restaurants do not. I'm not saying you have to leave them a 50% tip, but if you can't afford at least 15% tip, then stay home and cook up a Totino's pizza with your hard earned, miserly wages.
if we go by that rule, we should be also able to say, "go find a job that pays regular wage"

How bout we actually try to solve the problem by making employers pay people properly?

Thats right. So you dont have to deal with BS like this. You get good service no matter where you go, no excuses. Waiters and Waitresses need to start complaining they arent getting PAID enough by the minimum wage for their industry instead of complaining and judging customers based on whether they might tip or not.

What incentive? its your freaking job. If the Pizza delivery man said, "fudge it, This non-tipper aint gettin his pizza in under an hour." thats bad business on YOUR part. Tips should not judge what type of service you give, regardless of tip history. You need to do your job, to the best of your ability at all time. if not, you need to be fired.

I disagree with the last part. I'm not saying go outta your way to provide them crappy service or be rude to them but at the same time I'm not going to go above and beyond for them. Should the 96 bulls have all gotten fired for not playing to the best of their abilities when they lost to the expansion team raptors that year? A job has its job requirements and as long as I'm doing them I'm good, going above and beyond is optional. If I were to get fired for not going above and beyond, id get unemployment and be chillin for a few weeks.

With that said. If wages were to be higher or mandatory gratuity were to be added it takes away the servers incentive to provide above and beyond service. If their getting paid regardless, you'll see more and more servers provide half *** service. It sucks but that's how it is

if we go by that rule, we should be also able to say, "go find a job that pays regular wage"

How bout we actually try to solve the problem by making employers pay people properly?

Get started on that crusade then, fam. Until they get paid full wages, tip your server or eat at McDonalds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom