Blacks hit hardest by Obama economy, according to the NYT

I still dont get how this photo ID thing is a hinderance? I've been voting since 04, and I've had to show my ID every single time. You need a photo ID to accomplish basic things in life.

I'm black by the way
Its the fact that you have to PAY for an ID. 

Thats a poll tax.

Really? Because the DOT here is giving free photo IDs to everybody during election season...
Thats not everywhere.

Entire rolls of people are being purged in states like Florida and Texas. 

Voter suppression is real. 

But why would'nt African Americans have ID's? You're not bothered by the fact that people just assume that blacks wouldnt have ID?
Its not about them having IDs

Its the fact that they're CHARGING for them in many states.

No one is assuming anything.

Do you know ANYTHING about the state of voter suppression tactics???

But if the vast majority of people have ID's...and they arent only charging blacks, or democrats for ID's then....

Or are they saying that if you're a registered democrat then you get charged?
Yo what are you talking about? 

I'm saying how is requiring photo ID's going to stop democrats or blacks from getting to the polls more than any other demographic? Are you saying that less black people have ID's or something? Is it possible that requiring IDs could do any good?

these arent my words, but this dude from my church posted this as his facebook status:

You need an ID to take the SAT/ACT.
Open a bank account or cash checks.
Get a library card
Drive
Use a credit card
Get a job worth having

If you don't have an ID you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Not because we can't prove who you are but because your wasting away in life and shouldn't be allowed to express your opinion.

Also FutureMD, if this policy would hurt the impoverished in America as you claim....and you always say the face of poverty in this country is poor white females...then this would hurt Republicans more, as poor whites vote Republican more often than not
http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/11619-why-do-poor-white-voters-reject-the-democrats

all I'm saying is that this is a non issue that has turned into a hot button topic, just to give people something to talk and complain about

Last edited:
No, no, no.

Don't you see? Obama was supposed to save all black people at the expense of other Americans. 
Yeah. Edited my post. That entire article and this post serves as nothing but an instigator.
da NY liberal TIMES? instigating?
laugh.gif

fellas, obama has done a piss poor job economically.

instead of passing obamacare, he should've focused on da economy FIRST, i AM a fan of da stimulus...with that said, banks are bigger then ever and loans are still hard to get.

as far as da black folks, you know behind closed doors....under their breath...their whispering "c'mon dawg...you posed' to be one of us..throw us a bone b...c'mon legalize weed b"

as a hispanic he's dissapointed my whole demographic like no one's business...how u deport more ppl in 4 years then bush did in 8? smh..... ICE got my people runnin scared.

No, no, no.

Don't you see? Obama was supposed to save all black people at the expense of other Americans. 
Yeah. Edited my post. That entire article and this post serves as nothing but an instigator.
da NY liberal TIMES? instigating?
laugh.gif

fellas, obama has done a piss poor job economically
The stimulus worked.
instead of passing obamacare, he should've focused on da economy FIRST, i AM a fan of da stimulus...with that said, banks are bigger then ever and loans are still hard to get.
Screw healthcare. 

Not important...AT ALL, right? 
roll.gif

as far as da black folks, you know behind closed doors....under their breath...their whispering "c'mon dawg...you posed' to be one of us..throw us a bone b...c'mon legalize weed b"
Fair enough point.
as a hispanic he's dissapointed my whole demographic like no one's business...how u deport more ppl in 4 years then bush did in 8? smh..... ICE got my people runnin scared.
Unless you think Mitt Romney would have granted the same sort of amnesty that Obama did with the Dream Act. 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
I still dont get how this photo ID thing is a hinderance? I've been voting since 04, and I've had to show my ID every single time. You need a photo ID to accomplish basic things in life.
I'm black by the way
Did you ever think why they are trying to enforce these newly voter I'D laws this year of all years or why they began this?? It's because we have a black President and they are trying to suppress the black hispanic/latino vote.
fixed.

u must've forgot we're da new cool minority in town that can tip da election...they scared undocumented illegals (who always vote democratic) will come out in droves

these arent my words, but this dude from my church posted this as his facebook status:

You need an ID to take the SAT/ACT.
Open a bank account or cash checks.
Get a library card
Drive
Use a credit card
Get a job worth having

If you don't have an ID you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Not because we can't prove who you are but because your wasting away in life and shouldn't be allowed to express your opinion.

Also FutureMD, if this policy would hurt the impoverished in America as you claim....and you always say the face of poverty in this country is poor white females...then this would hurt Republicans more, as poor whites vote Republican more often than not
http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/11619-why-do-poor-white-voters-reject-the-democrats

all I'm saying is that this is a non issue that has turned into a hot button topic, just to give people something to talk and complain about

?

I'm black by the way

Thats a poll tax.

Really? Because the DOT here is giving free photo IDs to everybody during election season...
Thats not everywhere.

But why would'nt African Americans have ID's? You're not bothered by the fact that people just assume that blacks wouldnt have ID?

But if the vast majority of people have ID's...and they arent only charging blacks, or democrats for ID's then....

its for HISPANICS...damn, is da fact that hispanics are a HUGE population in florida, PA, texas mean anything to ya? lol.... republicans are SHOOK because if democrats ever mobilized those latinos effectively it would be GAMEOVER

for da GOP for decades...

there's a reason red states put obstacles in da voting spots like lack of translators, IDs, english only instructions, etc.

and as far as health care is concerned, people rather have a JOB then to be healthy and not knowing where their next meal is coming from.

I'm black by the way

Thats a poll tax.

Thats not everywhere.

its for HISPANICS...damn, is da fact that hispanics are a HUGE population in florida, PA, texas mean anything to ya? lol.... republicans are SHOOK because if democrats ever mobilized those latinos effectively it would be GAMEOVER

for da GOP for decades...

there's a reason red states put obstacles in da voting spots like lack of translators, IDs, english only instructions, etc.

I mean I'm ok with illegals not voting

and as far as health care is concerned, people rather have a JOB then to be healthy and not knowing where their next meal is coming from.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You'll find ANY reason to come at an accomplishment, won't you? 

Let me guess, you don't like the government but you want the government to give you jobs.

Why don't you start blaming the small businesses and corporations that account for the vast majority of job opportunities than blaming the government.

Tax rates are at their historical lows.

What else do you want? 

White conservatives will always try to hold anyone who's not a White conservative down.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

You'll find ANY reason to come at an accomplishment, won't you? 

Let me guess, you don't like the government but you want the government to give you jobs.

Why don't you start blaming the small businesses and corporations that account for the vast majority of job opportunities than blaming the government.

Tax rates are at their historical lows.

What else do you want? 

I want people to complaining about having to have an ID to vote

It isn't just Voter ID laws which are done to stop voter fraud (Very ironic because voter fraud is less prevalent than shark attacks....Yes that is true)... Voter ID laws are racist because minorities are less likely to have or be able to have a photo ID (which some states are making it a driver's license, which is even more discriminatory.) But the restriction on voting hours is another attempt to discourage minority vote which is heavily democratic party line. What is being done is in urban areas, and other heavily Democratic districts the voting hours are less than in suburban and republican heavy districts.

For example in the voting laws for Pennsylvania will disenfranchise 25% of the vote in Pennsylvania.

http://www.americanprogress.org/iss...eport/2012/04/04/11380/voter-suppression-101/

If you can't get them to vote for you........... Keep them from voting.

Last edited:
It isn't just Voter ID laws which are done to stop voter fraud (Very ironic because voter fraud is less prevalent than shark attacks....Yes that is true)... Voter ID laws are racist because minorities are less likely to have or be able to have a photo ID (which some states are making it a driver's license, which is even more discriminatory.) But the restriction on voting hours is another attempt to discourage minority vote which is heavily democratic party line. What is being done is in urban areas, and other heavily Democratic districts the voting hours are less than in suburban and republican heavy districts.

For example in the voting laws for Pennsylvania will disenfranchise 25% of the vote in Pennsylvania.

http://www.americanprogress.org/iss...eport/2012/04/04/11380/voter-suppression-101/

If you can't get them to vote for you........... Keep them from voting.

but my question is, why wouldnt minorities have photo ID's?

and the drivers license thing isnt exactly true, because even if you dont drive, the DOT still issues photo IDs

for example, before I had my drivers license, I had one of these.

and the drivers license thing isnt exactly true, because even if you dont drive, the DOT still issues photo IDs

POVERTY... That's why... POVERTY... POVERTY.... POVERTY...

It's not a difficult concept to grasp....

From the video I posted
""Elections are not won by a majority of people; they never have been, from the beginning of our country, and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

Last edited:

POVERTY... That's why... POVERTY... POVERTY.... POVERTY...

But according to FutureMD the face of poverty in this country is poor white midwestern women. I honestly see this as people searching for things to complain about. It it NOT expensive to get a photo ID, especially since you dont ONLY need it to vote, but to function in everyday life...in fact you need a photo ID to check into a homeless shelter.

I've been voting since 2004 and I've had to show my ID EVERY SINGLE TIME

Last edited:
Obama is one of those dudes that tries so hard to show he's everyone that he's not Pro-Black that he ends up disproportionately hurting his own people.

Thats one of my biggest beefs with him.

This is horrible framing. They are trying to make this Obama's fault. They should title it the Bush-Inherited economy.

Obama is one of those dudes that tries so hard to show he's everyone that he's not Pro-Black that he ends up disproportionately hurting his own people.

Thats one of my biggest beefs with him.

but if he's bi racial, what makes black people "his people" more than white people?

But according to FutureMD the face of poverty in this country is poor white midwestern women. I honestly see this as people searching for things to complain about. It it NOT expensive to get a photo ID, especially since you dont ONLY need it to vote, but to function in everyday life...in fact you need a photo ID to check into a homeless shelter.
I've been voting since 2004 and I've had to show my ID EVERY SINGLE TIME

It's a poll tax at that point... You cannot require someone to pay money to vote... And essentially that is what is being done..

Also the difference between that poverty & urban poverty... Is the MODE OF TRANSPORTATION.. Where one can take mass transit, while the other has to take a car to get to mass transit..

Because you think there isn't something wrong with... Doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong with it..

If it's not broke don't fix it.. And the system of people voting wasn't broken..

Last edited:
Who thought Obama was gonna destroy the foundations of systematic racism?

I sure as hell didn't...

Back
Top Bottom