Blu & Exile, Wale, Kidz in the Hall, The Cool Kids.....

I'm really feeling this new class of artist who are poppin up across the nation. But do you actually see any of these dudes carrying the torch for Hip-Hop?Personally, a lot of these guys are ipod worthy, however, there is nothing seperating them from any other distinguished class.

I definitely have a good idea of where hip-hop is headed, minus everything thats going on in the south(and I'm not bashing the south, there just is noartist that fit into this category).

kidz in the hall are
smokin.gif
to me, the othersi don't care so much about.

but to answer your question.... maybe.

Yall do know Exile is the producer right? Blu is a beast, Wale too the other 2 havent heard but from that one song(the 1 with Joell Ortiz) of Kidz in the Hallthat was pretty good

smokin.gif

Exile is to Blu, what Double O is to Naledge (Kidz In the Hall)

...I know a lot of these new age artist has subconsciously banned together to take hip-hop back. I would love to think that these guys are going to redefinethe boundaries of acceptable hip-hop, but they are not even showing me enough right now. lol, if this is the next wave, I definitely appreciate it, but its farfrom enough.

I wanna see where The Cool Kids go lyrically...I think they're in the right place right now, but I wanna see some emcee skills. The boys got the swagthough.

I been bangin that Blu & Exile HARD for the past 4 months... but I kinda feel what you sayin
I wish there were more southern rap like this but I aint really got nothin to complain about

^ See Bobby Creekwater, Stat Quo, Killer Mike, and Im sure Im missing some other GOOD newcomers from the south with actual skills

smokin.gif

exile has been one of my favorite producers the past few years. dont sleep on his album dirty science

Blu & Exile and Kidz In The Hall are
pimp.gif
Cool Kids I will give them a chance but everything i heard from them has not caught my ear yet. Wale is kool Igotta hear more of his stuff. Also check out Johnson & Jonson. It's Blu and producer Mainframe. Their song "Hold on John" featuring JohnLennon is pifff
pimp.gif

I think they saving hip hop now imo

BB, is that Johnson & Jonson out ? I read something about it online. but it was online like a paragraph. and if it's better than Below the Heavens idef need it.

I'd like to see kids in the hall do it. Blu is real solid too, cool kids are for the clubs.

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Johnson & Jonson
Pure cocaine the album is Powder & Oils and Ive been in a few arguments this may be better than Below the Heavens

smokin.gif

The album is out? I gotta get that now. I heard 2 songs and loved them both.

Yes its out had it for a month now check hiphopupdate.blogspot for it, its really good that n Below the Heavens coulda been a double disc its that good

smokin.gif

Cool kids seem so gimmicky to me though..they know chicks dig the overdone 80s esque attention grasping look (refer to gym class heroes) so that'd be aperfect marketing campaign.

Kidz in the hall is
pimp.gif
. Been on em since like last year. Wale has lots of potential too. Don't know the other group

Cool Kids are...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I been down with Wale for a while now, so he gets the nod from me.

I've lately started exploring Blu & Exile, and they been growing on me the past few weeks.

Only dudes I've yet to give a chance is Kidz In The Hall. I guess they're up next on my queue.

Somehow i got below the heavens many months before it came dropped (shout out to who ever posted the link lol) Blu & Exile are definitely dope. I'maware of wale but haven't heard much, so I'll check him out. Cool Kidz are just
pimp.gif
that Black Mags joint is real cool.

Kidz In the hall album was def hot. I never hear any cool kids and blu & Exile. Wale's "Nike Boots" is hott though, Im going to check outsome of this stuff when I get home.

i been cool wit Wale since dig dug and he continue to get better and better

he is hip hop

Back
Top Bottom