Blu & Exile, Wale, Kidz in the Hall, The Cool Kids.....

Originally Posted by JohnnyCage202

None of these hypebeast shoe rappers who wear flashy 80s/90s clothes (that ironically NO ONE wore in the 80s/90s...you wanna impress me? Rock a Panama Jack tee) and spit multiple verses about shoes are carryin' hip hop anywhere - they're just the flavors of the month. If your buzz revolves more around your style and the current state of fashion than your music - then that's a problem...

This is no different than the underground hip hop scene of the late 90s that had all the backpackers drinkin 40s talkin bout how dope "Soundbombing" was and how Rawkus brings "the real". You see how that %%$# worked out, huh?

The backpackers wear dunks and designer jeans now - same dudes, different look.

I pass on all except Wale...GTFOHWTBS.

Clearly this applies to The Cool Kids more so than anyone, somewhat applies to Wale, & Naledge. Doesn't apply to Blu at all. Hip-Hop music alwaysreflected what was going on in the urban society, and clearly fashion (even though at a all time low) has always held a choke hold over our society. I'llbe stating the obvious to say that their music applies to the individuals on this board more so than anyone else, so what have you.

LEXDIAMONDs I was just put onto PPT just last week them cats are dope! I came into this post just to add them to the list. I think Emillio Rojas, Fresh Daily,Torae, Naturel and Skyzoo should be included in as NEXT UP too. I feel they have the potential to make a lasting mark on hiphop at the very least on theunderground.
Torae- Callin Me:

A cypher with Skyzoo, Torae, Rojas and Fresh:

also check out that "The Bullets" joint on Naturels page http://www.myspace.com/naturelmusic
pimp.gif

^ You aint lyin Im not up on the other dudes that much but Skyzoo is a beast, his work with 9th Wonder is really good. He's a BK MC for those who dontknow. Check out his mixtapes Cloud 9: The 3 Day High, Corner Store Classic and The City's Favorite.

Whats good with the other dudes like Torae(I honestly havent heard of the others you listed) tho Im in expanding my library mode right now so let me know ifthere's any mixtapes or albums Ishould check out

EDIT- Whats good with PPT? I just caught that vid on the 1st page
laugh.gif
andLex Diamonds is right Tanya Morgan is a dope group check out their album Moonlighting its a concept album n its really good

smokin.gif

Wale is trash...sorry dude if you're an nt'er but your buzz puzzles me

Cmon how is that even possible? I mean who do you like, MAX B? That's trash at it's finest... You must haven't heard everything from him, don't judge him by one song. Like honestly I'm a huge critic and yeah if you aren't listening hard enough you think Wale's just talkin about random kicks and gear but it's always something to it.

budda bless:

I think Naturel bout to put out a free download EP on his myspace produced by ILLMIND.
Torae is about to put out a album "Daily Conversation" on Fatbeats.
Emillio Rojas has an album out "A Breath of Fresh Air" he also goes by Raks One so you might find it under that.
Fresh Daily got a EP out called "Illy 4 Rilly" I think he just got signed to Highwater Music (owned by the "new school bobbito" suciosmash).

PPT I really don't know too much about besides whats on thier myspace but so far so good.

I don't think Exile is from LA. I'm pretty sure he's from Orange County. He's also one half of Emanon (the other half being Aloe Blacc, whois dope as well), and Emanon have been putting out quality hip hop for quite some time now. It's too bad that the Blu and Exile album is doper thanEmanon's "The Waiting Room" (still good nonetheless)

I started listening to Blu and Exile for a little while but they are
pimp.gif
and so are the Cool Kids. I haven't heard much from the other two but they are onmy list.

I got turned onto Blu & Exile through NT. They're a breath of fresh air though I'm not sure how far they can make it in today's environment.People aren't exactly riding a wave of consciousness at the moment.

I was making my hourly rounds on RN anticipating the Lupe leak and all these albums were on the 1st page
laugh.gif

The Lupe joint ain't out yet but -

Kidz In The Hall - School Was My Hustle
Cool Kids - Totally Flossed Out

^ Those joints popped up on RN thanks to NT
laugh.gif

^Good looks man and to anyone can pm a brother with the mixtape piece talks by C.R.A.C. Knuckles that would be good cant find that jawn anywhere

EDIT - PPL should also check out Naledge's mixtape Naledge is Power

smokin.gif

FYI

Double-O from Kidz In The Hall produced "Free At Last" off Freeway's album.

just googled them. man my first thought on blu and exile was that they were some rnb group judging by their album cover.

Man, as much as I'm sick of Wayne on everyone's single. I have a strong feeling he murdered that beat. I mean there is no way in hell you could not gohard on that track. I'm listening to it now ironically. This one is something serious.

Back
Top Bottom