Blu & Exile, Wale, Kidz in the Hall, The Cool Kids.....

^^ put me on with blu and exile where are they from
They from LA. check him out yourself:

myspace.com/blurocmyspace.com/bluroc

i been makin Blu threads for a while now and they been snubbed
laugh.gif

good thing people starting to see the light now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Johnson & Jonson
Pure cocaine the album is Powder & Oils and Ive been in a few arguments this may be better than Below the Heavens

smokin.gif

it's Powers&Oils actually. it was dope but idk if i'll go far as saying better than Below The Heavens...definitely dope though.
pimp.gif

i think yall liike these dudes cuz they hypebeastish
laugh.gif

but Kidz in the Hall album was dissapointing to me since i had heard mixtapes before. im still a fan tho.

Cool Kids = one hit wonders in my eyes.. rippin off rick rubin production will only last for so long

Wale-Def somethin different, i jus dont know how hell be responded to in the U.S. i effs wit most of his stuff tho.

Blu is def. sick
I love the cool kids, been bumping tottally flossed out for the grip now...
But I think Blu would go in on them lyrically....
Im not down with Wale, but wanna hear his#%@+..
so anyone got some
[email protected]

^^check out Wale

http://www.myspace.com/wale202

his mixtape 100 miles and runnin is free on the myspace...it's ill but not my fave though...
Hate is The New Love mixtape on the other hand was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YoungHovLucas check ya pm

anyone else fiendin those Wale mixtapes holla. i'm on my good side today
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by QUEST UNO

yall can also check out c.r.a.c. knuckles which is blu and taraach

Somebody let me know where I can get their mixtape Piece Talks. I hear they got an album comin out next year
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

^ Good looks its like the internet knows nothin about these dudes when Im searchin for it except for their album comin out next year
all these dudes is from L.A...yall comin up i see
Only 1 group I count and their worth it, Blu is actually nice
pimp.gif

Oh yea also if anybody can direct me into mixtapes or albums for Kidz in the Hall it would be greatly appreciated, listening to Detention right now its prettygood. I would hear their joint with Joell Ortiz n 1 other joint on the few good hip hop radio stations and like it but just be sleeping on dudes. Never gotaround to checkin them out.

smokin.gif

Blu is definitely one of the better artist to emerge in a while. He doesn't rely on wack ad libs to get get his message across, vintage cadence in hisrhyme pattern, he's a real throwback. His intelligence definitely illustrate itself through his lyrics. No pausing between metaphors as if it's thehottest line in the world, he's really in the zone when he spit.

...Between him and Murs, I really think L.A. has some real heat in terms of quality emcees.

yo buddha, if i can find it in my car i'll upload it
yo fam...i'll appreciate it if you pm the link to me too if you do upload it
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Blu is definitely one of the better artist to emerge in a while. He doesn't rely on wack ad libs to get get his message across, vintage cadence in his rhyme pattern, he's a real throwback. His intelligence definitely illustrate itself through his lyrics. No pausing between metaphors as if it's the hottest line in the world, he's really in the zone when he spit.
word. it's a great thing people finally realizin talent. Blu got them dope lines + his flow is like Evian water. :lol: :pimp:

Wale be gettin it in off the no bull... PG County in the buildin.
Kidz in the Hall are straight but i'm still undecided on them

i haven't heard of any of these other bammas though

...and we've done features on all of these dudes.

Interview w/Blu & Ex & Naledge.

Numerous features on Wale. One on The Cool Kids.

There's a lot of good quality stuff out there if you sift thru it all.

Big fan of Blu and Exile after a friend put me on, if he's readin this thanks again

and Kidz in the Hall BEEN dope since i first heard of em last year

I dont think either of the groups named can carry a torch, but if one had the biggest chance id give it to Naledge or Wale.

Just wanted to share a pic of Blu & DJ House Shoes. Good people, we booked them for an event out here in San Francisco. Although not our most succesfulevent, it was good to see Blu do his thing in person.

btw, Powers & Oil is
smokin.gif

co-sign on Kidz In The Hall as well.

None of these hypebeast shoe rappers who wear flashy 80s/90s clothes (that ironically NO ONE wore in the 80s/90s...you wanna impress me? Rock a Panama Jacktee) and spit multiple verses about shoes are carryin' hip hop anywhere - they're just the flavors of the month. If your buzz revolves more around yourstyle and the current state of fashion than your music - then that's a problem...

This is no different than the underground hip hop scene of the late 90s that had all the backpackers drinkin 40s talkin bout how dope "Soundbombing"was and how Rawkus brings "the real". You see how that %%$# worked out, huh?

The backpackers wear dunks and designer jeans now - same dudes, different look.

I pass on all except Wale...GTFOHWTBS.

Originally Posted by JohnnyCage202

None of these hypebeast shoe rappers who wear flashy 80s/90s clothes (that ironically NO ONE wore in the 80s/90s...you wanna impress me? Rock a Panama Jack tee) and spit multiple verses about shoes are carryin' hip hop anywhere - they're just the flavors of the month. If your buzz revolves more around your style and the current state of fashion than your music - then that's a problem...

This is no different than the underground hip hop scene of the late 90s that had all the backpackers drinkin 40s talkin bout how dope "Soundbombing" was and how Rawkus brings "the real". You see how that %%$# worked out, huh?

The backpackers wear dunks and designer jeans now - same dudes, different look.

laugh.gif
The irony! Everything you said only applies to the Cool kids butactually its ok if you gonna be ignorant and not even give the music a chance fine. Blu and Kidz in the hall hypebeasts? This dude
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

lol @^^ but he does have a point about the wack kids. Kidz in the Hall are actually good dudes and have alot to say thru their music. Double O is like anolympic gold medalist and they both went to school with John Legend at Penn. Naledge did a song with Dr. Cornel West that was pretty good imo... happy to hearthem at Rawkus. Kinda hoping that doesn't hinder them though.

Wale on the other hand is changing all thoughts about rap and hip hop in general right now imo. Maybe because I hear everything I see it but just keepwatching...

Dude is doing alot and the Urb cover was just like a start, seriously. He can also perform live which takes most forever to master (Dom can tell you all aboutthat) for most rappers but he got it down already. Bringing alot back into rap that's missing right now and he actually has something to say outside of thebs. For sure gonna be one of the top 5 mcs out in a few...

There's nothing ironic about - I'm addressing all "shoe board" rappers...The Cool Kids fall in that category IMO, and I've yet to beimpressed by their music...

I said nothing about Blu and Exile because I've never heard a thing from them...you just took it upon yourself to draw your own conclusion and make anassumption as to my opinion on them - you have a bad habit of doing that.

Originally Posted by JohnnyCage202

There's nothing ironic about - I'm addressing all "shoe board" rappers...The Cool Kids fall in that category IMO, and I've yet to be impressed by their music...

I said nothing about Blu and Exile because I've never heard a thing from them...you just took it upon yourself to draw your own conclusion and make an assumption as to my opinion on them - you have a bad habit of doing that.

Nah dog read what you wrote you didnt address a specific rapper or rap group, in that alone I assumed you addressed everyone discussed in this thread untilyou made that exception for Wale. I had to point out that what you said only applies to the Cool Kids you then said becuz they are hypebeast rappers and abunch of shhh I dont really care about when it comes to rap that and I quote
So no sir I didnt make an assumption on your whole opinion cuz I didnt even read what you said about hypebeast rappers altho I caught the gist ofit I made a conclusion off of this statement alone so you Get The F_ Outta Here With That Bull Shhh its even funnier cuz I think Wale is great but he does rapabout typical hypbeast issh at times and that was the irony I was referring to
tired.gif

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom