Blue Jays Entertaining Offers for Doc...

Ian Kennedy, Austin Jackson, two Hispanic females from the bummy buildings near Old Yankee Stadium, Edge (the wrestler), for Harry Leroy Halladay.

Blue Jays ownership should've pulled the plug on JP a while ago.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

They're are smoking if they think the Dodgers would give up Bills and Kershaw.

I'd package something that includes juan pierre
C'mon man you really think the jays are gonna take back a 31 year-old lead off outfielder as part of a trade for Halladay. Like Osh Kosh said,J.P is dumb but he's not gonna give Halladay up for just anything...This should get interesting

The Jays got all the cards we can just chill back and listen and nothing happens...he's back here in 2010.

Anybody thinking we don't have all the leverage has another thing coming.
laugh.gif

Ian Kennedy, Austin Jackson, two Hispanic females from the bummy buildings near Old Yankee Stadium, Edge (the wrestler), for Harry Leroy Halladay.

Originally Posted by CarpeDiemKJ

QFT...He's been given more then enough time to "experiment"....I personally felt he shoulda been out 2 years ago. One reason why he's beenable to stay so long is because he faces alot less media pressure compared to other GMs in, Colangelo-Raps and Burke - Leafs.

On another note, We need to throw Wells + BJ. Ryans name on the tradeblock to
nerd.gif

Hughes, A-Jax and McAllister or Romine is a very strong package. I would want to hold on to Montero (possibly the best hitter in the minors) even thoughI'm not sure what position he plays.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Hughes, A-Jax and McAllister or Romine is a very strong package. I would want to hold on to Montero (possibly the best hitter in the minors) even though I'm not sure what position he plays.
i say keep A Jax - CF for the yankees is special as corny as it sounds, and a chance at a top of the order, .300 hitting speedy CF who can reallyplay the field is something I just have a hard time giving away. Plus he's black and for some reason I have a thing for black baseball players (hope nobodytakes that the wrong way, just something ive noticed about myself).

With Montero, I love the guy as much as anyone but I think I'd be OK dealing him with Mr. Joe Mauer on the market around when we would need a new catcher
pimp.gif

Osh Kosh sounding really confident that they'll either sign him back if they don't trade him....

It's not going to happen.

Halladay has not asked to leave Toronto, he wants to win in this city. The problem is the team's management is complete garbage.

******i is a moron...he got asked a question and answered it honestly without considering the repurcussions (media spinning this out of control). A generalmanager's job is to consider all options in order to make their team better. If the Cardinals got an offer that blew them away they'd trade AlbertPujols. ******i just answered the question honestly...yes, he would consider trading Halladay if he got the perfect offer. ******i made a huge mistake in beingtruthful to the media.

It's highly unlikely that the Jays will trade arguably the best pitcher in baseball (probably top 2 pitcher in MLB). He's not only extremely good buthis contract is a bargain, he fills seats in Toronto when he pitches (not an easy task) and he is a consummate professional. In order to acquire him a teamwould have to trade away every single one of their top prospects.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Offer Justin Smoak and Neftali Feliz and keep it movin...
Bingo, Boston offering Lars Anderson and Clay Bucholtz would be next best but the Red Sox might not want to make a move.

Isn't rangers management strapped for cash? Would they even be able to resign Halladay? Are they buyers or sellers?

Justin Smoak would be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I love this kid, he is going to be a future MVP awardwinner..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Offer Justin Smoak and Neftali Feliz and keep it movin...
Bingo, Boston offering Lars Anderson and Clay Bucholtz would be next best but the Red Sox might not want to make a move.

Isn't rangers management strapped for cash? Would they even be able to resign Halladay? Are they buyers or sellers?

Justin Smoak would be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I love this kid, he is going to be a future MVP award winner..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I mean... I don't know what they can really afford to do... Hicks did say before the year he'd stretch payroll for a legitimate, bonafideace, but that was before all this stuff came out about his finances...

Can't imagine MLB would give him the go-ahead on picking up that contract, given he recently had to take a loan from them to cover his current payroll...You'd have to think they'd need to dump some money to pull it off... Maybe somebody would pick up Blalock's remaining contract on Waivers fornothing... Maybe they could get someone to take what's left on Padilla for nothing since he's been going well lately...

Timing sucks, because this is really something I could have seen the Rangers jumping at before the season...
eyes.gif

They'll probably end up standing pat if they can't dump guys like Blalock or Padilla before the break...

Yanks should do this but there is no way Toronto sends him within division...but imagine CC, Doc, AJ!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
The Yankees don't have the pieces to pull Halladay away, so quit dreaming...

There's MAYBE 4 or 5 teams in baseball that could get this done...

laugh.gif

Really? Montero, Hughes and Jackson couldn't get it done?

OK
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

OK
laugh.gif
Montero is nice but has no position and Hughes?
laugh.gif

Dude has been given a couple opportunities and has fallen flat on his face, he does not have the same value he had a couple years ago and the Blue Jayswon't do it unless they get a bonafied ace prospect in return.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif

OK
laugh.gif
Montero is nice but has no position and Hughes?
laugh.gif

Dude has been given a couple opportunities and has fallen flat on his face, he does not have the same value he had a couple years ago and the Blue Jays won't do it unless they get a bonafied ace prospect in return.
Montero is too good of a hitter that he will find a place to play and I'm sure the Jays could find a spot for him. Honestly, he's not abonafied ace prospect?

Hughes struggled with injuries the last two years but this year he has been healthy and he was been very good. Still has top of the rotation potential.Pitching out of the bullpen has only helped his so far gaining confidence and learning how to get major league hitters out.

I doubt the Yankees do it but its ridiculous to think they don't have the pieces to get it done. I'm not saying they can offer the number one packagebut they can offer a substantial one.

Back
Top Bottom