Blue Jays Entertaining Offers for Doc...

Originally Posted by John Sterling

In all seriousness how the hell is Lars>Montero? And Clay>Hughes?
Lars has a better command of the strike zone than Montero and has at least the same if not more power than Montero, Clay and Hughes is a toss upbut Hughes with his injury problems and his straight fast ball and lack of a third pitch has lost the value he once had.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Brackman still has a LOT to prove to me (and others) since he hasn't thrown a lot because of injuries.

Yea and he's not getting any younger, what is he 23 now? And still has not pitched in the minors. At least he has that Scott Boras contract still behind him. I hope he pulls through though. He's my back-up to IPK
laugh.gif
Boras pretty much hustled him into the Yankees. Brackman's contract called for him to get a spot on the 40-man roster and that's where hehas been for a couple years while he recovered from injuries/Tommy John Surgery.
eyes.gif

Brackman is in class-A, I think.

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Lars has a better command of the strike zone than Montero and has at least the same if not more power than Montero, Clay and Hughes is a toss up but Hughes with his injury problems and his straight fast ball and lack of a third pitch has lost the value he once had.

Lars is also 2 years older and hiting .262/.356/.407 while Montero is at .336/.396/.556. How does he have better or more power when he has 4 lessdoubles and 5 less homers and is being out slugged by .149 points? Montero is doing this in an absolute hitters park and league and is 2 years younger. Someonefigured out that last two years his OPS+ is 180 in his age 18 and 19 year old seasons.

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Lars has a better command of the strike zone than Montero and has at least the same if not more power than Montero, Clay and Hughes is a toss up but Hughes with his injury problems and his straight fast ball and lack of a third pitch has lost the value he once had.
Lars is also 2 years older and hiting .262/.356/.407 while Montero is at .336/.396/.556. How does he have better or more power when he has 4 less doubles and 5 less homers and is being out slugged by .149 points? Montero is doing this in an absolute hitters park and league and is 2 years younger. Someone figured out that last two years his OPS+ is 180 in his age 18 and 19 year old seasons.

did you mean to say pitchers park and league?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Lars is also 2 years older and hiting .262/.356/.407 while Montero is at .336/.396/.556. How does he have better or more power when he has 4 less doubles and 5 less homers and is being out slugged by .149 points? Montero is doing this in an absolute hitters park and league and is 2 years younger. Someone figured out that last two years his OPS+ is 180 in his age 18 and 19 year old seasons.
did you mean to say pitchers park and league?

Damn, uhmmm yea that is what I meant. His splits on the road are rediculous compared to his home park in Trenton.

Btw from BPP:
"One first-base prospect who has really seen his stock slip is Lars Anderson, who entered the year almost universally considered to be the top prospect in Boston's system. Thisspring, he's been generating disappointing reviews while putting up a middling .258/.355/.411 line at Double-A Portland. One scout called him, "themost overrated prospect in baseball," while another explained that while he saw many positives in Anderson's game, the overall hype seemed misplaced."I like him, but I don't like him with a number-one status as the best guy in the organization," the scout explained. "He has plate presenceand has some power, but there are a lot of moving parts in his swing, which is also a little long, so there are some real timing issues with him. I don'tsee him as a star, I see him as just a pretty good player."

All this talk of Halladay getting traded even though it's unlikely to happen.

Also, even though ******i is an idiot, he isn't dumb enough to trade Halladay to a division rival. Halladay also has a no-trade clause so he'd probablyveto a trade to a crappy team...if he does get traded it'll be to a team with a chance at winning a World Series.

All this talk is irrelvent becuase Roy wont go to a team inside our division. Here is a great quote by Keith Law.

It's completely ridiculous. All that Ricciardi said-this is not his fault, I think he was pretty clear-he if somebody calls, we're going to listen. And if we get a great offer that knocks us over we'll go to Doc, who has a blanket no-trade clause, and talk to him about it. That's all he said. He never said 'we're going to trade him', he never said 'he's available', and I was getting calls from local radio affiliates of ours from around the country saying, 'Hey, can you come on and talk about Halladay, because (local team) is going to get him.' Settle down, kids. He's not going anywhere right now.

Halladay loves pitching in Toronto. He loves the organization, really likes Ricciardi-they've got a great relationship-likes working with Arnsberg, the pitching coach, so… from his perspective he's certainly got no desire to go pitch somewhere else at this point. He's got a year and a half left on his contract, so they don't have some great impetus to move him. What they'd like to do is move one of the two outfielders, Wells and Rios, who are very expensive and not all that productive, and maybe clear some money there to go out and acquire a different bat, and/or make some room in the payroll to extend Halladay.

Halladay's contract is really favourable to the club, so his value-his value may be so high that they can't actually get a fair offer in return.

Back
Top Bottom