BMW 4-Series (former 3-Series Coupe) - M3/M4 = 430HP Twin-Turbo I6

Why are they renaming the cars, this has been their platform for what the last 20-30 years right?

Is it just rebranding or what?

i like it but enough to purchase one. the overall body shape is too similiar to the current Accord coupe
this.! its funny.. should this have came out before the current gen accord coupe, everyone would be saying how Honda ripped off BMW.. none the less, this is one sexy car.!

New 4 will be Copped. Gotta trade the e92 but **** it the new 4 is too HOT.....

New 4 series coupe in Le Mans Blue/Alpine White + M-Sport = Yamb certified

Why are they renaming the cars, this has been their platform for what the last 20-30 years right?
Is it just rebranding or what?

Just to make more simple overall. If some says "I want a 328i" then you know they want a sedan and if they said I want a "425i" then you know they want a coupe.

Mercedes is also restructuring their names but iirc theirs is much more confusing.

Mercedes-Benz introduced new models such as the E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet as well as the C-Class Coupe. Moreover, the CL was rumored to become the S-Class Coupe but it appears that this name will be history as Mercedes-Benz will overhaul its naming scheme again. Although the first models carried one letter (S-, E-, G-Class), Mercedes-Benz introduced two-letter badges (CL, GL) and then three-letter designations (CLC, CLS). Still, this isn’t enough as Mercedes-Benz is expanding its portfolio with new models and needs new designations. As a result, the German manufacturer will introduce a new naming process: G will be the new common marker for SUVs and crossovers, while C will be the prefix for coupes and convertibles; SL will remain a common marker for all the new sports cars.

Still, there’s more! The upcoming four-doorcoupe based on the Mercedes-Benz B-Class is no longer badged CLC, because the second C will denote the model range, and the car is not based on the C-Class. According to the new scheme, the correct name of the “old” CLC will be CLA. Same thing with the GLC crossover, which will make its debut in 2014 – the new crossover will be named GLA. Regarding the coupe and cabriolet versions of the A-Class, these will become CLB because the car is based on the MFA platform used by the B-Class.

The upcoming coupe and cabrio models based on the current C-Class, these models will receive the CLC moniker. The E-Class Coupe and Cabrio models will be named CLE. Regarding a new coupe based on the S-Class, this would receive the CLS badge but since the name is already taken, it will receive a new name. The CL is expected to get the SLC moniker, while the baby SLS is expected to be called SLR. The new GLK is expected to become GLC as this model is based on the C-Class platform. The G-Class will retain its name because it remains company’s flagship SUV model.

Last edited:
Looks good but it looks huge, if you told me this would be the new M6 i'd believe it.

I like it....a lot. So much comin out. New lex is. New a3 sedan. Benz cla......love the sporty compacts comin out.

Love it. Lost faith in BMW for a minute, but between this and the Gran Coupe, I'm falling back in love with them.

I absolutely HATE the headlights. I thought the new F10 headlights would grow on me, but nope. The e92 headlights > The rest of the car is nice, the back end is mean. Im sure the interior is going to be amazing since the current 3 series interior is seriously beautiful.

>>>

Last edited:
Dat Interior
nthat.gif

Edit: The LCI (2011+) headlights for e92 is crack tho. I got an older year e92 and aftermarket angel eyes can't touch the LCI's as far as brightness is concerned.

Last edited:
NEW cayman>4 series coupe

an i BET prices are very comparable

Last edited:
NEW cayman>4 series coupe
an i BET prices are very comparable
Doesnt the Cayman start at $54k or something? Should come out to more than $10k.

Didnt the 335i top out at $50k?

$10g's, arguably comparable. Id take this over a Cayman, more car for the money IMO.

Back
Top Bottom