Boardwalk Empire (season 2) thread Vol. Season 1 Blu-Ray 1/10 *Best Buy 2 per store?!*

Finally watched last night episode and damn Mrs. Schroeder.
laugh.gif

She'd been fiending for Slater for a minute.

And did anyone else interpret what Jimmy said to Nucky as a warning about the upcoming hit?

He was conflicted about it the whole episode.

He was basically saying whether it was right or wrong I made a decision as a boss. Allies and subordinates need to know that you're in charge whether things work out or not. He basically regurgitated what his mother told him before she let Lucky smashed.

He was so conflicted cuz he still sees Nucky as a father figure and he figured jail would be better/easier on his conscience. Sometimes I'm still lost on how he turned on Nuck just cuz he wanted more freedom and to be respected, tired of being treated like dumb foot soldier yet at times it still seems he'd rather just go back to Nucky and see if he could be his right hand. Nuck's brother has a bigger beef with him.

last nights episode was crazy.

I missed what Jimmy said to Nucky, I'll have to re watch that part.

All the betrayal in this show
30t6p3b.gif

We will have to wait until later episodes to see if there is any deeper meaning to what Jimmy said to Nucky 
I just took it as him pointing out who Nucky Thompson is to the hitman. 

-These Broadwalk Empire $!@@ are something else
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

-That girl Margaret stay fiendin for the D, ever since she was a youngin 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

This dude shoots Nuck in the hand 
roll.gif

Luciano stays smashing Jimmy's mom, 
devil.gif

Way too much Margaret in this episode was already mentioned, and Val Alden got ditched after Lucy got paid by Nuck.

Jimmy is just not meant to run the show, just doesn't have that "it" factor that Nucky has.

So I've been giving the assassination attempt more thought. What Jimmy said to Nuck I think is setting up for a meeting later on.
The assassination wasn't a failure, I think Jimmy told the assassin to miss on purpose. This satisfies two things: 1) He doesn't kill the only father figure he has, and 2) He satisfies the others he's in business with including his mother. To them it'll look like the job went wrong and Jimmy had nothing to do with it.

I assumed that what Jimmy said was a semi-apology for what was about to happen, while at the same time, letting Nucky know it was him who ordered it.

Kinda like "It's nothing personal, it's business...i had to make a decision".

Originally Posted by horchata kid

So I've been giving the assassination attempt more thought. What Jimmy said to Nuck I think is setting up for a meeting later on.
The assassination wasn't a failure, I think Jimmy told the assassin to miss on purpose. This satisfies two things: 1) He doesn't kill the only father figure he has, and 2) He satisfies the others he's in business with including his mother. To them it'll look like the job went wrong and Jimmy had nothing to do with it.
I came to the same conclusion.

Swear i dont even care about the story line... i just want a suit like Jimmy or Luciano. Them #%$@% is too cold 
30t6p3b.gif

what Jimmy said to Nucky...knucky told jimmy that night at the club when Jimmy was with his father...nucky said "you have to choose".

I dont know about that. If you look though, Nucky was trying to protect himself by putting up his hand. The assassin shot Nucky's hand because he dodged it a little. Besides why would Jimmy call someone from Chicago to intentionally miss the target? Jimmy already put the hit on Nucky, I dont know of any assassination where someone is told to intentionally miss.

The fact that Jimmy was there put Nucky on alert. He immediately turned around and realized he was alone with no protection. Was this Jimmy's way of subconsciously warning Nucky? Notice Jimmy's reaction to the lady shouting "he's alive!". Great scene!

yea i think the guy just actually missed and Nucky is a straight bossdon in the show it seems to me like he is almost untouchable and these guys know it. I see how powerful Nucky Thompson's character is and i love the power and respect he has within Atlantic City. I def see the whole Lucky and jimmy's mom thing being a big problem in the near future.

Both Jimmy's moms and Margaret need to go... These nincompoop hos are causing a lot of trouble...

I'm not sure if Maragaret gave up the box out of jealousy from the maid... or if it was an initial attraction from the jump, but her actions are going to get her caught up...

Same with Jimmy's moms... so hungry for her son to get in these positions of power, but making the box accessible to his business associates...

I'm not sure of why Van Alden turned down Nuck's help, maybe his morality came into play. But I thought he'd need the help from Nuck...

And from that meeting, it still seems that Richard Harrow is the only dude that put his morality before anything. For some reason, I think he'll shy away from Jimmy and his group...

Nucky Thompson is still that dude...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Swear i dont even care about the story line... i just want a suit like Jimmy or Luciano. Them #%$@% is too cold 
30t6p3b.gif

chalky-01a-1024.jpg

rothstein-01a-1024.jpg

pimp.gif
 SWAG!
pimp.gif

BLADE BR0WN wrote:
I'm not sure of why Van Alden turned down Nuck's help, maybe his morality came into play. But I thought he'd need the help from Nuck...

I have a feeling he will help Nucky. It seems he gave those docs to the AG to gain her trust. He'll be deep inside the investigation and will be able to provide Nucky important info.  

Originally Posted by horchata kid

i looked at it this way at first but if the hit man had missed and lived wouldn't the other people jimmy is doing business with begin to question the hit man. the federal agent who shot him came out of nowhere. also when jimmy heard that nucky wasn't dead he reacted like things didn't go as planned not relieved.

I think that Jimmy's mom in some way is smashing Lucky because of her want for Jimmy to be like that.

It's pretty obvious that there's an uncomfortable attraction she has for Jimmy and I think her messing with Lucky is a way to release that. They're both young and in a position of potential power.

roll.gif
 @ Nucky offering Alden a drink
Margaret needs to be outta here ASAP...Girl was a @*+%% from before she even came to America. 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

roll.gif
 @ Nucky offering Alden a drink
Margaret needs to be outta here ASAP...Girl was a @*+%% from before she even came to America. 
eek.gif

Nucky was comedy this episode
laugh.gif

When he asked Kessler whether he had a mirage sat in front of him in that meeting i did the Mickey Doyle laugh
laugh.gif

Sleeping with the boss's girl. 
30t6p3b.gif

Not sure if Jimmy was trying to warn Nucky or that he was pointing out to the shooter who to shoot since the shooter was out of town.

First of all, what an amazing episode. The acting performances this season has been top notch, Michael Pitt's portrayal of Jimmy has been great, his conflict and decision was conveyed perfectly through his acting this past episode. Kelly MacDonald as Margaret had a stellar episode as well (particularly her final speech to her brother), and considering at times I've been bored with her storyline, they were able to give us some more backstory for her as well as addressing her issues of her identity and isolation she feels, thus explaining her giving in to her desires for Owen. Another awesome part of the episode, Owen and his revenge kill gives us a nice look into his backstory too. Then the issue of not only sleeping with the bosses' wife, but that by doing so, he wasn't there to protect Nucky. 

A great opening scene too, all of the guys together and Luciano and Capone going back and forth
laugh.gif
I think we all should agree there probably wasn't a sexual relationship between Jimmy and his mom, she's just bat *#%% crazy and wants Jimmy to take power, as as a result, for her to achieve a power she always was missing due to the Commodore. Because clearly Jimmy isn't comfortable with how she acts around him, so I think it's primarily a way to show her abnormality. 

Originally Posted by toine2983

Finally watched last night episode and damn Mrs. Schroeder. 
laugh.gif

She'd been fiending for Slater for a minute.

And did anyone else interpret what Jimmy said to Nucky as a warning about the upcoming hit? 

He was conflicted about it the whole episode.
That was my initial thought, it certainly brought Nucky to attention and without that, he most likely would have been killed. But my first conclusion was that it was an explanation to Nucky so at least Jimmy was honest with him and Nucky knew why. Judging by Jimmy's reaction I don't think he told the assassin to miss like some might think.. because unless I'm mistaken, didn't Capone send the guy? So either Capone would have needed to be in on it, or more likely Jimmy convinced the guy to miss, but that might not work because wouldn't it get back to Capone? 

Originally Posted by suge67

BLADE BR0WN wrote:

I have a feeling he will help Nucky. It seems he gave those docs to the AG to gain her trust. He'll be deep inside the investigation and will be able to provide Nucky important info.  
That's a possibility. I am glad Nelson's moral struggle is being brought back into Nucky in a more direct way. It would be a smart misdirection to make the audience think Nelson won't help Nucky, but in fact gives him information. I still think/expect the witness against Nucky to be killed, most likely because Nelson tells him (we did see Nelson listening in when the guy was giving his statement). 
A very strong episode this week.

Back
Top Bottom