Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Why do you guys think not a lot of people watch Boardwalk? I mean, I get that it's on HBO, but GoT is too and a lot of people follow it.

Can't believe Walking Dead has 7x more viewers than Boardwalk :smh:

That nerd stuff will always be a draw to millions of nerds. The only distinction is GoT is actually good and TWD is just banking off the zombie craze being hot again (well at least it was).

Where as BE is a crime drama/period piece dealing with the life of gangsters for the most part. It's great but that's not as hot as it use to be.

Last edited:
Boardwalk is one of the best shows on tv and is on pace to be on the mt rushmore of shows with BB, sopranos, the wire, etc imo

Eddie is hilarious. :rofl:

:pimp: @ Narcisse offing that she devil.

I kinda like his "My **** don't stink" attitude. With Chalky's street attitude it creates a lot of tension between the 2.

Last edited:
Finally watched episode 2, another solid episode.

One episode in and I'm digging the Dr. Narcisse charcter. He has a boss-like screen presence.

I figured Knox would pose a problem for Nucky, but him being an undercover agent for J. Edgar Hoover spells all kind of trouble for Nucky.

Van Alden took that chair shot like a season WWE wrestler.
laugh.gif

My dude Kessler getting a much deserved promotion.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Two episodes in and still no Margaret. I'm sure most of you are happy about this, but I'm just wondering how she fits into the storyline of this season if at all.

This Chalky and Dr. Narcisse showdown is giving me shades of the Omar/Brother Mouzone face off in the alley
While the Chalky and Narcisse confrontations have been compelling scenes I wouldn't compare it to the Omar/Brother Mouzone face-off.

Omar and Brother Mouzone were equals, evidenced by the fact that they had mutual respect for each other; can't say the same for Chalky and Narcisse.
laugh.gif

In fact their interactions this episode really illustrated Narcisse's servant playing a king comment.

Chalky fed Narcisse that ******** about Dickie being in Newark, Narcisse responded by prohibiting his acts from performing and essentially shutting down Chalky's club. Then he brought ol' girl back to the club crying rape and forced Nucky not Chalky to make that deal to settle the beef, which Chalky had no choice but to accept.

Narcisse basically sonned Chalky the entire episode. Chalky has come a long way, made a nice life for himself and his family, but he isn't a "king" yet. Narcisse and to a lesser extent Nucky proved that this episode.

I'm looking forward to the two characters interacting more this season though.

Bobby Cannavale won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series tonight.

Bobby Cannavale won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series tonight.

Yep.

Thrilled for him.. he absolutely deserved it.

I've been slacking due to work and Breaking Bad taking up my TV watching time :lol: I need to catch up on the last 2 episode :smh:

Storylines are heating up. What was the lizard or whatever Nucky received in the box about?

:lol: Yall got that Narcisse/Rothstein and didn't measure up but mad disrespect was in it. When he wiped his hand after shaking Arnold's hand :rofl: I await more meetings between the two.

Harrow like so many other fictional characters I've seen (Bauer for instance) is tired with that killing life and wants to end it. In one sense I'm tired of that story but I'm interesting to see how BE tackles it cuz we all know it's inevitable that he'll get dragged back in. I just hope it isn't going to take killing his sister for him to smarten up.

Narcisse backroom dealing with Purnsley :smh:

Don't care for Fl in this ep though.

"chalky white aint never been my friend"

but purnsley is a good dude who learned his lesson and is loyal, hes a good dude yadda yadda

tried to tell yall bout ya boy purnsley, but wait chalky needs a dude like him around right?

Good episode. 
mean.gif
@ Purnsley turning on Chalky. 
mean.gif
@ Nucky about to lose some money since Augustus got killed...

Storylines are heating up. What was the lizard or whatever Nucky received in the box about?

From that girl Sally who ran the bar. Essentially trying to seduce Nucky as he told her about Teddy's birthday.

It was an alligator/crocodile which is the main animal/reptile in Florida area.

I wanna bang Jimmy's mom. She's such a sophisticated *****bag. I love that ginger devil.

Yall are acting like Chalky isn't treating Purnsley like crap right now though. If you ask me, Chalky is making his own bed. Seems like Narcisse is setting him up on two fronts. One with Purnsley and the other with that singing chick...

Yall are acting like Chalky isn't treating Purnsley like crap right now though. If you ask me, Chalky is making his own bed. Seems like Narcisse is setting him up on two fronts. One with Purnsley and the other with that singing chick...
Did you forget Chalky lost 10% of his business because he defended him and was ready to go to war for him?

Back
Top Bottom