Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

We know the current year is 1931 and I think season 4 ended in 1927(?) so the kid would have to younger than he said, not 16. And Tommy looked about 6 or 7 last season

word? I thought he was 11 at most in 1931

Tommy was 3 when the show started in 1920, season 4 ended in 1924 so he was 7 at the most. Seven years later 1931 would make him 14

But the Prohibition era didn't end until 1933 which seems to be the year they're in since they're talking about repeal. Unless they specifically said they were going to be in 1931, I'm guessing their in 1933 which could make the kid being Tommy plausible.

If he does Nucky in, it'll be like Pac said "'Cause I always gotta worry bout the pay back. Some buck that I roughed up way back. Coming back after all these years, ratta tat tat tat, that's the way it is." :lol:

But the Prohibition era didn't end until 1933 which seems to be the year they're in since they're talking about repeal. Unless they specifically said they were going to be in 1931, I'm guessing their in 1933 which could make the kid being Tommy plausible.

If he does Nucky in, it'll be like Pac said "'Cause I always gotta worry bout the pay back. Some buck that I roughed up way back. Coming back after all these years, ratta tat tat tat, that's the way it is." :lol:

"The fifth season takes place in 1931, seven years after the previous season, during the Great Depression,[2] with flashbacks to 1884 and 1897 detailing Nucky's childhood and young adulthood.[3]"

"The fifth season takes place in 1931, seven years after the previous season, during the Great Depression,[2] with flashbacks to 1884 and 1897 detailing Nucky's childhood and young adulthood.[3]"

And there it is :lol: Guess we'll never truly see the effects of the end of Prohibition then :smh:

The kid definitely isn't tommy. That would be too much of a stretch IMO. However remember that harrows girl (Julia I think her name was) knew about Gillian and probably jimmy to an extent so it's possible tommy would have had a better idea of his true past even if he stayed in Wisconsin that whole time.

This theory certainly would explain why Gillian wanted a pen and paper from her Butch Lover Warden

Think y'all getting a little ahead of yourselves with this Tommy theory.
laugh.gif

He was pretty much insulated from that aspect of Jimmy's life in the earlier seasons and I doubt Harrow or his girl told him the truth about Jimmy and Nucky's relationship and the cause of his demise.

Dudes wanted the show to be more complex than it was so bad. They enjoyed finding stuff they thought were clues though.

They better pickup the pace in the next 5 episodes or this final season will be a huge letdown. :smh:. The season with Gyp seemed more epic than this season so far. I don;t care about Nucky's past, I care about his future.

They did.

Exactly

The kid definitely isn't tommy. That would be too much of a stretch IMO. However remember that harrows girl (Julia I think her name was) knew about Gillian and probably jimmy to an extent so it's possible tommy would have had a better idea of his true past even if he stayed in Wisconsin that whole time.

How? He barely remembered his mom wants Gillian got her hands on him, and Jimmy was still around. I don't know how you guys assume that was Tommy but I think it is a stretch. He was shielded from all of that stuff, and there is nobody around him who knows anything about Jimmy and his demise anyway.

This theory certainly would explain why Gillian wanted a pen and paper from her Butch Lover Warden

She doesn't know where they are, she got arrested before they left and I doubt she would be able to locate them with her limited means.

Think y'all getting a little ahead of yourselves with this Tommy theory. :lol:

He was pretty much insulated from that aspect of Jimmy's life in the earlier seasons and I doubt Harrow or his girl told him the truth about Jimmy and Nucky's relationship and the cause of his demise.

Exactly. I watched it again last night and don't know where anyone got that from. Even if he suspected Nucky of killing his pops, how would he know about Mickey Doyle? Guys in here acting like Jimmy kept Tommy around this stuff and introduced him to the crew. This isnt' the mafia where every gangster is your uncle :lol:

Lol. Agreed. Tommy following Jimmys footsteps would make Richards sacrifice pointless.

QFT

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Richard's sacrifice would be for nothing if lets say this hypothetical picks up. You can simply chalk it all up to teenage angst mixed with having a drunk for an adoptive step father. We all have that one family member who speaks a bit too loosely when the drank is in their system. So I don't think it would be too far fetched for the Grandpa to slip up and speak of Harrow which would lead the youngster to question his adoptive mother about his true past.

Dudes wanted the show to be more complex than it was so bad. They enjoyed finding stuff they thought were clues though.

Basically what it comes down to. It is a simple show that doesn't require you to think much if you are paying attention.

I still say that True Detective did all that **** on purpose. People didn't just invent the clues, they were real. The creators knew exactly what they were doing. And in the end they disappointed us all.

I still say that True Detective did all that **** on purpose. People didn't just invent the clues, they were real. The creators knew exactly what they were doing. And in the end they disappointed us all.

Not to derail the thread but True Detective was overrated IMO. It was decent but not great to me. :\

Anyways, I'm actually enjoying this season so far. Still sad it's ending though.

Back
Top Bottom