Book Club...What are you reading?

Brilliant. TJ English really is that dude

This is next

Last edited:

Brilliant. TJ English really is that dude
Just looked this up on Amazon. I will be checking this out in the next few months. Thanks for the recommendation.

I finished up Don't Shoot by David Kennedy last week. Great book that provides a blueprint for how urban policing should be conducted in every U.S. city.

I'm now in the middle of The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander and Tattoos On The Heart by Gregory Boyle.

Finished:

"Steal like an Artist"

"Ignore Everybody & 39 other Creative Habits"

"The Magic of Getting What You Want" David J. Schwartz.... <----- One of the Best book i've read in a long time with alot of life changing points.

Currently:

"The Creative Habit" Twyla Tharp

Supscribed!

Trynna get into on the road by jack kerouac.

Aint my style of writing but id like to see what happens.

I'm on the 3rd book of the hunger games, but so far its nowhere near as good as the first 2.

I'm also on that The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel.  So far so good.

any recommendations on other great graphic novels would be appreciated.

Supscribed!
Trynna get into on the road by jack kerouac.
Aint my style of writing but id like to see what happens.

:lol: nothing really "happens" in on the road. Love Kerouac though, and all the beat writers. I found the Dharma Bums to be much better than OTR.

I'm currently reading

• Little Children by Tom Perotta (will start his book the Leftovers when I'm done)
  • A Fairly Honourable Defeat by Iris Murdoch
  • Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore

Finished Tattoos On The Heart: The Power Of Boundless Compassion by Gregory Boyle, a priest who works with gang members in L.A. and founder of Homeboy Industries. Despite some differences, I found Boyle's love for the marginalized and despised, particularly gang members, very similar to mine in my own work...

I think this book has great potential to reach white Christians (particularly Catholics) who may be unfamiliar with the world in which Boyle lives and works and provide them with a deeper understanding of the people who inhabit this world... an understanding rooted in love and compassion...

All the interviews I've heard from the author lately made me bump up The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz and then I'll check out his collection of short stories This is How You Lose Her

I'm currently reading CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) preparing to take my A+ certification exam in January.

Last edited:
I never read the LOTR books but I really enjoyed the movies. So, is JRR Tolkien's "The Hobbit" worth a read? I'm thinking of reading it before the movie comes out in December

Back
Top Bottom