Boozer is the top PF in the league

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

a healthy Elton Brand is better
Exactly. Booz is another E.B. clone.
tired.gif

Numbers-wise (pts and rebounds) Boozer and Marion are comparable. Where they differ is on the defensive end where I'd take Marion 8 days a week. Have youseen Boozer try to play defense?

I would switch push Boozer under Dirk and Brand. Dirk is a more versatile offensive player and better defender. Brand is Boozer with better defense. I alwaysfeel like it's hard to place Marion in any place because he isn't the focal point like the other players are.

Booz is better PF than Dirk for his rebounding and defense. Within the offense he has the ability to a) put the ball on the floor and pull up b) back thedefender down and fadeaway c) back the denfender down and muscle his way inside for a lay up d) square up and shoot the J -- on any posession, at any time ofthe game. He brings it everynight, even in the play-offs and doesn't shy away when the game is on the line.

Brand and Booz are very similar players and it's hard to say one is better than the other. Brand is more of a bruiser while Booz has quicker feet and ismore agile around the bucket. I give the edge to Boozer however because I feel his fade-away and variety of offensive moves in the post give opposing teamsfits, it's really hard to find someone long and quick enough to guard him. Both are excellent rebounders and are capable of grabbing 20 of the glass anynight. You couldn't go wrong choosing from either--but Boozer is younger, quicker, more athletic, and has extensive play-off experience already.

Yes Dirk is a match-up problem, and I love to watch the guy play but he just has never been able to do what makes him so valuable when it matters the most. His sharp shooting and height are what make him great, but he disappears down the stretch of important games and that shot never seems to drop in. He'sgot all the tools and weapons but he really needs to establish himself as a closer this season. If Dirk can play more determined on offense, physical ondefense and hustle for those few extra rebounds and turnovers every game, he can become the best 4 in the league. Unfortunately, it just feels like I'vebeen saying that for a long time now. You lead by example, that's why my list has KG, Duncan, Boozer, ahead... and Bosh and Brand are on his heels aswell.

Marion *see Dirk (match-up problem, disappearing j, but great rebounder, great defender, and great athleticism. unfortunate ego problem and poor interviewingskills
laugh.gif
)
Bosh * gets better every night. I'd like to see him get a little bigger (nh).
KG = *Unbelievable
Duncan = *Bill Russell 2.0

Brand and Booz are very similar players and it's hard to say one is better than the other. Brand is more of a bruiser while Booz has quicker feet and is more agile around the bucket. I give the edge to Boozer however because I feel his fade-away and variety of offensive moves in the post give opposing teams fits, it's really hard to find someone long and quick enough to guard him. Both are excellent rebounders and are capable of grabbing 20 of the glass any night. You couldn't go wrong choosing from either--but Boozer is younger, quicker, more athletic, and has extensive play-off experience already.

Boozer is a beast no doubt, but there is no way Carlos Boozer should be ranked higher than a healty Elton Brand.

Brand does EVERYTHING Boozer does, and then some.

Brand shoots better from the foul line. Brand plays better overall defense than Boozer.

Offensively Brand and Boozer's very similar...
Defensively Boozer is no where near Brand.....

I'm sorry boys, maybe with the absence of EB42 I'm entirely too hung-over from the amazing performances Booz has put up in the playoffs and with whathe's been able to do so far this year. Regardless I've always big fan of both players and living in socal Im always grateful when I get a chance tosee EB perform in person. It's nothing against EB at all, I just think, given the chance to draft my own team and both players were on the board, I'dgo for Boozer. +younger, deep playoff expierence, great finisher around the hoop both power and finesse, unguardable fade-away. negatives are obviouslydefense and passing ability but I believe Booz is a young player who is willing to learn from his coaches and will come around on the defensive end and willalso continue to grow in being able to have great vision and passing the basketball. Boozer also gives the team versatility with their choice of offense as hecan run the floor with the best 4's in the league, and he can also be a bruiser successfully, even sometimes drawing the double team and kicking the ballback out to his shooters (if he's not able to shoot over the double himself, which he is capable of).

Brand and Boozer actually have close the same FT% and given the choice who I'd rather have take and outside jumper, without hesitation I'd take Boozer.

But again, overall, you really couldn't go wrong picking one over the other. The same goes for Booz vs. Dirk, it's coaching/team managementpreference.

IMO...

KG
Duncan
Dirk
Brand
Boozer
Bosh

Dirk, Duncan, and KG's passing ability put them over Brand, Booz, and Bosh.

Originally Posted by choiboi46

Offensively Brand and Boozer's very similar...
Defensively Boozer is no where near Brand.....
brand is a good off the ball defender, but 1 on 1 he is not that good the same pretty much goes for boozer also

"Boozer> Bosh. TD> KG> Boozer> Rest "

Totally agree. Even though I am a raps fan, Bosh is a far ways away from what he could be. Boozer is basically at his prime in his career. As well, ive noticedthat he makes some of the best decisions in the NBA. He has great judgement on the court. Definately a great asset to the jazz

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Besides Garnett and Duncan.. I really think Boozer is the next best 4....Maybe some of yall would say Marion, but I'd rather have Boozer... I never really watched him much until Iverson went to the Nuggets, but I've seen him several times since because I'm always rooting for the Jazz to lose since theyre in the same division... but 4 real dog is beast down low...I like guys that play strong and know how to finish and boozer is the perfect example of this ( i wish nene would do this)..... If you've never really watched Boozer play you might not agree and appreciate his game, but anyone who has watched Boozer a lot like me will feel what I'm sayin...

So hes really not the top power forward
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom