BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

So I've been wearing these a lot recently; they're so comfortable compared 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s and even AM95s that have the enormous airbag (though the PSI is way to high).  What is it about the 7s that make them so much more cushy than the 6s?  You can tell that the midsole of the 7s is inspired by the same shape as the 6s, but they're so much softer.  Obviously the material is different as the midsoles of the 6s are hard and don't crease, while the 7s crease.  I don't care about the creasing...just obviously more flex going on there.  

Ironically, I lost interest in the '90 after the 6s b/c I love visible air.  I had the Bordeaux in '92, but didn't like them b/c of no visible air, and my preference for all black shoes,  then the Aqua 8s in '93, and never liked them b/c no visible air, and how clunky they were.  Anyway, really come to appreciate these now b/c of the nostalgia of those times, and the comfort.

So I've been wearing these a lot recently; they're so comfortable compared 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s and even AM95s that have the enormous airbag (though the PSI is way to high).  What is it about the 7s that make them so much more cushy than the 6s?  You can tell that the midsole of the 7s is inspired by the same shape as the 6s, but they're so much softer.  Obviously the material is different as the midsoles of the 6s are hard and don't crease, while the 7s crease.  I don't care about the creasing...just obviously more flex going on there.  

Ironically, I lost interest in the '90 after the 6s b/c I love visible air.  I had the Bordeaux in '92, but didn't like them b/c of no visible air, and my preference for all black shoes,  then the Aqua 8s in '93, and never liked them b/c no visible air, and how clunky they were.  Anyway, really come to appreciate these now b/c of the nostalgia of those times, and the comfort.

It's the hurache tech that makes them more comfortable than the 6s. Huaraches were designed with snugness and comfort as a focus.

It's the hurache tech that makes them more comfortable than the 6s. Huaraches were designed with snugness and comfort as a focus.
That adds to overall comfort, but doesn't impact the fact that the sole is so much more cushy.  Is it b/c it's phylon vs. PU, or something else?

That adds to overall comfort, but doesn't impact the fact that the sole is so much more cushy.  Is it b/c it's phylon vs. PU, or something else?

I guess it's hard for me to speak objectively about the "cushiness" of any air Jordan's sole because because true phylon soles are much cushier and more plush than the Jordans 7. I think it may have something to do with with the sole being made of one or mostly one uniform material.

That's because the 6s are nothing but cardboard underneath the insole. Pretty sure there's a thin cushion pad in the 7s

I may be one of the few that feels that way when I hear "Breds" name thrown around.
Isnt BRED just short for Black and Red? why would that be a bad name since most Jordan shoes are black and red with some white on them
I'm not a fan of nicknames but its the color of the shoe , LOL. Ain't nobody tryna type or say black and red all the damn time

New era that gave the white and red 14s that bs "candy cane" nickname because they came out in December
laugh.gif

Disapointed-Michael-Jordan-Headshake.gif
roll.gif
The CANDY CANES!!!!! I hate hearing that lol

Is a trade with the Hares for these a good idea or nah? I like the Hares but love these

Is a trade with the Hares for these a good idea or nah? I like the Hares but love these
Well, they have a similar market value, so from that perspective, it's not an unbalanced trade.  At the end of the day, however, it's really a personal preference that you need to decide for yourself.  Generally, Love outweighs Like ;-).

I'd say so, neither one of them go for much over retail. Personally I'd make that trade just because I love the Bords'. Used to be team hare before I won a pair on the NDC raffle a month ago or two, completely changed everything lol

For years I've been able to find maroon/burgundy Levi's 511s at Ross, tj maxx, or Marshall's for south of $20

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom