BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

Correct, especially if you don't wear them.
#WearYourShoes
If you're a collector, I'll give you a pass

finally held the 2015s in hand and I can see why people are mad... quality wise I'd take the 2011s all day
I think the quality is alright on these, you don't have to worry about the peeling of the light graphite parts on the 2011s.
I haven't had a chance to catch up on the entire thread, but hear people in other threads noting that this release "was garbage". I'm on the borderline of getting these. What was the general feeling about the quality? I'm not looking for perfection, but looking for better than passable. I had these in '92, so it's a nostalgia thing. I recall getting them for free b/c my black infrared 6s got a hole in the inside back heel from rubbing on my heel (a common problem back in the day). So after nearly 10 months of daily wear I returned them; they gave me the 7s as a replacement. I recall being super disappointed that there was no visible air, but super comfortable shoe with the neoprene booty. Thinking I will cop if I can get them for under retail (or at least $190 including tax/shipping); may not be a reasonable expectation....hmm... Maybe I should have just copped for retail when I won the NDC draw and called it a day....oh well...
I bought two pairs since I didn't have any previous one and wanted them.  One had the odd slight hump and I can see some uncleaned glue, but they don't bother me at all.  It's not like Hunchback of Notre Dame big though. Plus, not like anyone's putting them up to their eyes and closely examining them.  Were they worth it despite the jacked up price and remastering?  I can live with the "defects."  Either buy or don't buy (return).  My only problem was I bought half size too small so a little cramped in the toes.  Otherwise, I happily wear them without thinking about the quality because they're going to get messed up eventually through wear and tear anyway. 

Are their different colors in the tounge on anyone's pair? Just asking because I notice a lot of yellow on the tounge of some I bought a pair off eBay that doesn't have much yellow.

This just came to me..but I find it a lil odd how Jordan Brand doesn't even promote their "remastered" gimmick in the boxes of the sneakers in ANY way. I would think they should at least put a card saying how..this pair of Jordans are from the 2015 Remastered line...and explain exactly what they did to them..to ensure the quality of the product ..to indicate that what they said was legit..and that they're proud of their product and the effort their workers had in the making of this pair of sneakers..and hope that we enjoy...something to that effect. But..they know ..that we know...that they're full of it for the most part..but they know that we'll still buy Js..so they don't need to even mention that at all to market them like they did when they first announced it

This just came to me..but I find it a lil odd how Jordan Brand doesn't even promote their "remastered" gimmick in the boxes of the sneakers in ANY way. I would think they should at least put a card saying how..this pair of Jordans are from the 2015 Remastered line...and explain exactly what they did to them..to ensure the quality of the product ..to indicate that what they said was legit..and that they're proud of their product and the effort their workers had in the making of this pair of sneakers..and hope that we enjoy...something to that effect. But..they know ..that we know...that they're full of it for the most part..but they know that we'll still buy Js..so they don't need to even mention that at all to market them like they did when they first announced it

No need to - social media takes care of that for them. It's ultimately up to the customer to see whether the improvements are justified. For myself, I don't care about glue stains and other random imperfections. For me, I care about comfort and durability. Thus far both aspects have exceeded my expectations. I can pull any remastered retro and work out in them, play basketball, wear them all day, etc. and forget I am wearing retros. In my mind they are that good. I'm glad JB has done this to their product because now I don't have to worry about buying some performance based shoes that are made out of plastic. I still live in an late 80s-early 90s mentality so I like leather-based shoes. And buying a few remastered Jordan's to wear now each year for everything I do satisfies that mentality.

No need to - social media takes care of that for them. It's ultimately up to the customer to see whether the improvements are justified. For myself, I don't care about glue stains and other random imperfections. For me, I care about comfort and durability. Thus far both aspects have exceeded my expectations. I can pull any remastered retro and work out in them, play basketball, wear them all day, etc. and forget I am wearing retros. In my mind they are that good. I'm glad JB has done this to their product because now I don't have to worry about buying some performance based shoes that are made out of plastic. I still live in an late 80s-early 90s mentality so I like leather-based shoes. And buying a few remastered Jordan's to wear now each year for everything I do satisfies that mentality.
heres my take on the "remastered" program and JB in general. my issue was never about glue stains or paint splatter or missed stitches. I just didnt feel like I was getting a better shoe with some of these releases, particularly with this bordeaux release. It's always hit or miss because jordan brand picks and chooses when to give us quality and when to hold out and let the nostalgia and hype bridge the gap. I know it happens because why else besides hyper and nostalgia would shoes from 2011-2012 (jordan brands worst quality year in my opinion) be going for 300+ resale? Particularly the olympic 7s. Expecting consumers to bridge the quality gap with nostalgia and hype is exactly what happened with this release and we got a shoe that wasnt better interms of quality and materials used as the 2011 release. Yes the colors were truer to the OG and such but it wasnt a better quality shoe in my opinion. But if it works for you by all means do you. I could never imagine doing any kind of extended strenuous physical activity in retro jordans especially running back and forth. Nike makes far cheaper and far more comfortable shoes that do just that and are still leather based like huaraches.

frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds

I have to disagree with you on the 2011s being better. I made the mistake of wearing them as workout shoes and in very short time one of the grey panels started to peel off. hard to justify those as good quality shoes. My thought here is for the past 5-7 years (maybe more, maybe less) up until the remastered shoes series, Jordan's were nothing more than causal shoes. Now with the remastered series they are becoming more performance based, in my mind at least. Now they aren't performance based in today's standards but more based on performance standards relative to when they released. Just my thoughts.

@jdfrenchbread23

I have to disagree with you on the 2011s being better. I made the mistake of wearing them as workout shoes and in very short time one of the grey panels started to peel off. hard to justify those as good quality shoes. My thought here is for the past 5-7 years (maybe more, maybe less) up until the remastered shoes series, Jordan's were nothing more than causal shoes. Now with the remastered series they are becoming more performance based, in my mind at least. Now they aren't performance based in today's standards but more based on performance standards relative to when they released. Just my thoughts.
i never said the 2011 was better, i just said i didnt think the 2015 wasnt an improvement upon it. especially when compared to the many other nubuck/durabuck based 7s that have been released in the past 10 years. There wasn't anything "remastered" about the quality of the shoe, and there was nothing that warranted the price increase.

i never said the 2011 was better, i just said i didnt think the 2015 wasnt an improvement upon it. especially when compared to the many other nubuck/durabuck based 7s that have been released in the past 10 years. There wasn't anything "remastered" about the quality of the shoe, and there was nothing that warranted the price increase.

Did you at least return your pair?

yessir after a few days. like i said, jordan brand likes to decide which shoes get blessed with extra attention and which ones dont. only way to know for sure is to cop for yourself

Agreed. Buy what you want and if you don't like it send it back. Nothing more simple then that.

Got my pair in.  From my perspective the overall fit and finish on these is fantastic, and remind me of the OG I had in the day.  Mine are flawless, though I'm sure to find something as EVERY pair of Jays has at least one or more flaws even if minor scuffs, glue, etc.  It also sounds like some people got messed up toe boxes, which is unfortunate.  Inconsistency for JB really is a problem...that one pair looks so great while others are so off.  Overall, however, the materials are nice, the colors seem true to OG, and I think it looks great.  So glad I didn't get the '11...that light midsole is atrocious.  Not b/c it's not OG (I'm not that strict about it being OG even though that's what I grew up wearing), but just b/c the dark midsole looks so much better in my opinion.  Anyway, I don't collect 7s as they're not my favorite shape; getting this for nostalgia mostly, and very happy with them.  Can't wait to wear them!

been wearing mine non stop for a week,

my first Air Jordan 7 and I really love it

I like the color blocking similarly like the Shadows 1 OG

I understand that this has a more OG (L) shape that the past retros.  Can someone possibly do a side-by-side?  

finally  grabbed a 10.5 in these guys DS for $200

heavy fall rotation, leaving the 2011s alone

toe bump in hand doesn't bother me as much as i thought it would, pretty happy with my tongues as well. I DO want to customize the green on the back tab tho, like that one pair posted a while back in here
I repainted the green on my backtabs. I was iffy on how they would turn out but it's a pretty exact match
teach me your ways
grin.gif

I remember the two 3 relay, JB was doing a lifestyle line thing. I really liked the Stivale, great dress shoe.

Back
Top Bottom