Bosses that are younger than you FTL......

my boss is a complete bastard and what makes it worse is that he is younger than me not by much but since his daddy owns the company he just be straightdolging me. who here can relate to this issue........

I've never experienced that but I have been in a situation when my boss was like 2 or 3 years older than me and wanted to kick it all the time. Dude wouldget real sore when I told him I would pass. He had it out for me, fired me for being late even after I called the job to let him know I wouldnt be on time

this dude be just straight talking reckless to me i mean like on some real cocky arrogant tip... but then my boy went on the road with him on a service issueand he punked out when he almost hit this dude in manhattan and dude was gonna rock him to sleep. it just frustrates me that this dude be acting all hard hereat the job but outside of his domain he really a cue the menace to society gif..... lol

reminds me of basic training and ait. i was a 17yr old platoon guide, straight bossing dudes from 17-34 years of age
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

what kind of job do you have that he bosses you around at. Details. Like does he make you clean toilets or what?

eh. I'm younger than my staff.

it's awkward sometimes giving older people orders....but if you know your stuff....they have to respect that

i work in the office for a coffee company im an accounts manager. i was hired to work soley in the office dealing with customers over the phone but son bemaking drop my work so i can get his lunch and stuff like that. and when i ask him questions about work related issues he be staright giving me the rock knowyour role and shut your mouth routine...

Originally Posted by JayHood23

I've never experienced that but I have been in a situation when my boss was like 2 or 3 years older than me and wanted to kick it all the time. Dude would get real sore when I told him I would pass. He had it out for me, fired me for being late even after I called the job to let him know I wouldnt be on time
calling to say youre gonna be late is not an excuse for being late. You sure you aint just mad at dude cause you got fired for being a less thandependable employee?

OP. It sounds like your issue isnt with his age as much as it is with the fact that he is underqualified and only has the gig due to nepotism. Honestly ageisn't an issue in the workplace, or it shouldn't be. It should be about ability and productivity. The chief credit officer at my company (my directboss) is barely a year older than me, and the managing partner (big boss) is only 37. Granted I work for a pretty young company, but we got a couple of guysin their 50's who still have to run their stuff by me. Maybe I am just blind to it, but they dont seem to harbor any ill will or resentment that they haveto report to a 29 year old punk kid (damn i guess i'm not really a kid anymore) because I treat everyone whether 21 or 51 the same way. Age in theworkplace is just a number. Its all about PRODUCTIVITY (just handle your shizzz).

its even worse when a co-worker u used to mess with and broke it off with then becomes your manager...kinda awkward
grin.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerfiend157

i work in the office for a coffee company im an accounts manager. i was hired to work soley in the office dealing with customers over the phone but son be making drop my work so i can get his lunch and stuff like that. and when i ask him questions about work related issues he be staright giving me the rock know your role and shut your mouth routine...
damn.... dude is a straight punk. You need to take that up with HR and or the higher ups (if you so choose). I mean in this economic climate youdont really wanna be causing a scene (right or wrong) that could lead to you losing your job, but that is foul. If its not in your job description to be aneffin errand boy, then he shouldn't be making you do BS that is unrelated to your job.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

eh. I'm younger than my staff.

it's awkward sometimes giving older people orders....but if you know your stuff....they have to respect that
QFT

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

i work in the office for a coffee company im an accounts manager. i was hired to work soley in the office dealing with customers over the phone but son be making drop my work so i can get his lunch and stuff like that. and when i ask him questions about work related issues he be staright giving me the rock know your role and shut your mouth routine...
damn.... dude is a straight punk. You need to take that up with HR and or the higher ups (if you so choose). I mean in this economic climate you dont really wanna be causing a scene (right or wrong) that could lead to you losing your job, but that is foul. If its not in your job description to be an effin errand boy, then he shouldn't be making you do BS that is unrelated to your job.

smh if there was an HR dept. here this is a family owned company. his boss is his dad so daddy aint gonna take my side over the heir to his company its just ano win situation but im trying to keep my composure hopefully by the end of august when kids go back to college there might be a lil more oppourtunity outthere for me to leave this hell hole......

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

damn.... dude is a straight punk. You need to take that up with HR and or the higher ups (if you so choose). I mean in this economic climate you dont really wanna be causing a scene (right or wrong) that could lead to you losing your job, but that is foul. If its not in your job description to be an effin errand boy, then he shouldn't be making you do BS that is unrelated to your job.

smh if there was an HR dept. here this is a family owned company. his boss is his dad so daddy aint gonna take my side over the heir to his company its just ano win situation but im trying to keep my composure hopefully by the end of august when kids go back to college there might be a lil more oppourtunity outthere for me to leave this hell hole......

i like it im only 19 and i run the business for the fam.. all my workers are way older then me

I had to boss people around for my dad last summer. The workers loved me, though. Probably because I busted my butt almost as much as they did and appreciatedtheir work.

Back
Top Bottom