BrandBlack

Damn.....look at how bad the traction did the god sammy lee...lol

I think NW and crew have been exagerrating for their own benefit after watching this.

:lol: sole bros becoming a more reliable source :rofl:
2016 is bizarre

That seems more extreme than what I've read and seen this thread but it's probably safe to say it isn't elite traction. I just skipped to the end to see the score bc I can't watch those two.

Yeah....definetly not my favorite reviewer, but different opinions are good. I wouldn't but that color way and I'm not personally a fan of the print or whatever. I would wear for casual so some of the stuff won't be an issue for me. Slightly off topic, but I think he liked the Kobe AD and Nightwing didn't, so realistically every shoe can't be perfect for every body

That seems more extreme than what I've read and seen this thread but it's probably safe to say it isn't elite traction. I just skipped to the end to see the score bc I can't watch those two.
True. We also have to take into account sammys 96lb frame not creating enough down force to even cause friction in most cases anyway ( pause .
tongue.gif
)

Well I got my Rockets in. I like them. The air on the Sole isn't quite what I was expecting. Their other cushioning is a lot better. Leather feels good. Unfortunately, I got them slightly big. Their site said they run about a half size big, but I saw other places that said TTS so I decided to risk it.

No no no...his opinion on the traction is way off! I just bought a second pair of the rare metals bc i can beast mode so well in them lol. The court i play on is probably the median of dusty courts ive played on. It isnt really dusty nor is it really clean and people even are always on it with their regular/outdoor shoes. Still, my bb rare metals grip the floor pretty well, definitely well enough that its not an issue, a couple wipes a game and i am good! They are not as good as my kobe ixs or currys but i dont ask that of every shoe especially when i only paid 111 dollars for these and they are my favorite shoe to play in right now.

Nobody has ever had a shoe like the future legends, i was thinking the same thing though. They look and sound promising but they are so different idk if i can pull them off.

Yo these JC 3s are like pillows with more locked down than the Adidas Crazy Explosives. Does this cushion bottom of like Lunarlon? Can anyone confirm?
i played in the jc3s, my cushion didn't bottom out.  A little high off the ground for my liking, but the jc3s were money other than that

damn i don't know what kind of courts solebros play on but the RMs traction is definitely not that bad lol.  I've been playing in them a couple of weeks (performance review for collectivekicks is almost complete), and while it isn't a stand out feature, I wasn't sliding like sammy was lol.  It's solid, just lacks a lot of bite

No no no...his opinion on the traction is way off! I just bought a second pair of the rare metals bc i can beast mode so well in them lol. The court i play on is probably the median of dusty courts ive played on. It isnt really dusty nor is it really clean and people even are always on it with their regular/outdoor shoes. Still, my bb rare metals grip the floor pretty well, definitely well enough that its not an issue, a couple wipes a game and i am good! They are not as good as my kobe ixs or currys but i dont ask that of every shoe especially when i only paid 111 dollars for these and they are my favorite shoe to play in right now.
Good to know. I bought the all black pair ,and w/20% off in size 13 which is hard to find . Haven't played in them yet, probably won't until next month. The solebros review had me ready to return them back sameday lol. Everything else about the shoe was great that if I can get decent traction I am good. I am a very shifty player so traction is important to me.

^^^ agreed. Even my dirty dirty 24 wasn't that bad. But there is a lot about those guys I question.
I think that footwork and weight can change traction performance some shoes. Some people said that the Jordan xxx had terrible traction while others said it was great. Sammy sometimes has issues with a lot of shoes. Don's opinions to me seem more reliable imo.

Last edited:
Just an open question....the Rare Metals are 88 bucks, plus taxes. Is there a chance I get these for a better price later on or should I just do it?

Just an open question....the Rare Metals are 88 bucks, plus taxes. Is there a chance I get these for a better price later on or should I just do it?
i'm sure it could go lower, but they've been selling fairly well so maybe not?  They ain't going as low as the jc3s i don't think.. maybe another 10 or 15 bucks max, by why risk it?

i'm sure it could go lower, but they've been selling fairly well so maybe not?  They ain't going as low as the jc3s i don't think.. maybe another 10 or 15 bucks max, by why risk it?

Ok. Thanks. I was just curious if anyone thought they would hit the 48 dollar mark like some that I have bought lol....

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks. I was just curious if anyone thought they would hit the 48 dollar mark like some that I have bought lol....
i don't know, they've been selling a lot better than the jc3s so i doubt it.  i mean anything is possible, just my gut that they won't go under 65. 

Played in my jc2 today with thicker socks and what a difference. Great shoe for a lighter guard. Not the best impact protection but good for a low to the ground player. Just make sure to get the fit right.

Last edited:
Played in my jc2 today with thicker socks and what a difference. Great shoe for a lighter guard. Not the best impact protection but good for a low to the ground player. Just make sure to get the fit right.
yeah the jetlon in the jc2 is a little on the soft side.  I liked it a lot at first but it kinda bottomed out on me after a while so it fell out of my rotation.  Initially it's the bomb tho

For those interested, here is my performance take on the Brandblack Rare Metal

http://www.collectivekicks.com/2016/12/brandblack-rare-metal-performance-review-by-pjeung/

Repped. Thanks for the review. I like how you broke down certain things. I went ahead and ordered them in an 11. I usually wear an 11 in most Nike's. I don't mind a little extra wiggle room. Its nice to get a reference to how comfy they are. I have the Ethers(Blackfoam) and they do feel high, but they are super comfy. Hopefully the side so good. I don't ball so they would just be for casual use.

Back
Top Bottom