BrandBlack

Blackfoam in the FL Low is what has deterred me from making a purchase but not the only reason. I have the regular FL and love that shoe but I remember trying on the JC3 and Blackfoam just did not feel good at all. Granted, it was in the store, and I wasn't running around on a hardwood floor, but I have been pretty good about knowing whether a shoe might work for me. I've been trying to find people who have tried both editions of the FL so that I can get an honest comparison. Also, people have been saying to size down but honestly I'm a 12 in everything that I own so I'm hesitant to go a half size down.

I got to try on the Delta over at Blends in Larchmont, yesterday. They look really nice and aren't a pain to put on, either. I wasn't happy with the feel of the cushion and I could not lock down my forefoot. Length was a bit long but we're talking maybe 1/4 size too long so not a deal breaker. The width was just the way I like it but again, that upper let my forefoot slide from side to side and that sounds dangerous if I were to use a pair on court. I have very mixed feelings about them but I don't think that it's a shoe for me. It was hard to come to this conclusion because I really wanted to give them a chance but there were too many warning signs that said "Nope. It may not be a bad shoe but it's just not for me."

stangnhoops stangnhoops appreciate the feedback on the Delta!

The things you mentioned have been my concerns since they unveiled the design. I've said this before, but I really admire the direction that Raysse and Co. have taken and how they are bringing some amazing designs. However, at the end of the day, basketball-specific movements require a certain level of protection/support and I just don't see myself feeling comfortable playing in the Delta.

Blackfoam in the FL Low is what has deterred me from making a purchase but not the only reason. I have the regular FL and love that shoe but I remember trying on the JC3 and Blackfoam just did not feel good at all. Granted, it was in the store, and I wasn't running around on a hardwood floor, but I have been pretty good about knowing whether a shoe might work for me. I've been trying to find people who have tried both editions of the FL so that I can get an honest comparison. Also, people have been saying to size down but honestly I'm a 12 in everything that I own so I'm hesitant to go a half size down.

I got to try on the Delta over at Blends in Larchmont, yesterday. They look really nice and aren't a pain to put on, either. I wasn't happy with the feel of the cushion and I could not lock down my forefoot. Length was a bit long but we're talking maybe 1/4 size too long so not a deal breaker. The width was just the way I like it but again, that upper let my forefoot slide from side to side and that sounds dangerous if I were to use a pair on court. I have very mixed feelings about them but I don't think that it's a shoe for me. It was hard to come to this conclusion because I really wanted to give them a chance but there were too many warning signs that said "Nope. It may not be a bad shoe but it's just not for me."

I think you need to give BlackFoam a little more time. I remember when I first tried on my JC3 they felt like Air Force One Mids with a softer midsole. After playing in them for a while the cushion definitely sits lower to the ground now but still offers a nice soft slightly bouncy ride. I like the cushion in the FL mids but I kind of like the BlackFoam just a smidge more because it is thicker.

At first the BlackFoam felt like just a thick slab, but after breaking it in, it feels more like Micro g but thicker.

I want to try the Rose 8, but my experience with the Boost in the Rose 6 has me a little hesitant. Maybe if they feel ok in store. I mainly care about the forefoot cushioning not being too firm.

I think you need to give BlackFoam a little more time. I remember when I first tried on my JC3 they felt like Air Force One Mids with a softer midsole. After playing in them for a while the cushion definitely sits lower to the ground now but still offers a nice soft slightly bouncy ride. I like the cushion in the FL mids but I kind of like the BlackFoam just a smidge more because it is thicker.

At first the BlackFoam felt like just a thick slab, but after breaking it in, it feels more like Micro g but thicker.

I want to try the Rose 8, but my experience with the Boost in the Rose 6 has me a little hesitant. Maybe if they feel ok in store. I mainly care about the forefoot cushioning not being too firm.
I appreciate the feedback and if what you're saying is true, then I guess I need to revisit Blackfoam in the FL Low. I have a friend in Japan who just got some and I'm waiting for his honest critique. We have different tastes but the way he does his reviews leaves a very clear impression and can actually help me see if a pair will work for me.

I really wish that more people, that have played in the FL Low, had also played in the regular OG version. I just want a comparison. I absolutely love the FL Mid/OG/whatever it's called. That width, that velcro strap, the tread pattern that performs so much better than the Rare Metal models, etc.

I appreciate the feedback and if what you're saying is true, then I guess I need to revisit Blackfoam in the FL Low. I have a friend in Japan who just got some and I'm waiting for his honest critique. We have different tastes but the way he does his reviews leaves a very clear impression and can actually help me see if a pair will work for me.

I really wish that more people, that have played in the FL Low, had also played in the regular OG version. I just want a comparison. I absolutely love the FL Mid/OG/whatever it's called. That width, that velcro strap, the tread pattern that performs so much better than the Rare Metal models, etc.

I’ve seen ppl say that it’s not for them so it may very well not be! I just remember feeling “letdown” when I first tried them but they got softer after 1 game. That said, having both the FL Mids and JC3, I can understand why ppl would prefer the Jetlon EVL vs BlackFoam caged. The Jetlon is more “familiar feeling” coming from Zoom and Boost cushioning because it feels more “alive” and independent. BlackFoam feels more like a slab of foam waiting to protect, but necessarily feel “alive” bouncy, rather more “plush slab” responsive push-off bouncy.

For me, because I am a little harder on cushioning, the BlackFoam is preferred because of lifespan. The Jetlon EVL feels good and low to the ground/bouncy at the same time, but I feel more sore after playing in the FL Mids vs JC3 (I am 200lbs +\- and 5’11” with a heavy push off footing for speed, jumping, etc). I am not too worried about the durability of the Jetlon EVL, I just know it won’t last as long as BlackFoam caged. That’s why I am curious about the FL Lows because if they actually feel bouncy uncaged and are the same height then that would be freaking amazing...

I’ve seen ppl say that it’s not for them so it may very well not be! I just remember feeling “letdown” when I first tried them but they got softer after 1 game. That said, having both the FL Mids and JC3, I can understand why ppl would prefer the Jetlon EVL vs BlackFoam caged. The Jetlon is more “familiar feeling” coming from Zoom and Boost cushioning because it feels more “alive” and independent. BlackFoam feels more like a slab of foam waiting to protect, but necessarily feel “alive” bouncy, rather more “plush slab” responsive push-off bouncy.

For me, because I am a little harder on cushioning, the BlackFoam is preferred because of lifespan. The Jetlon EVL feels good and low to the ground/bouncy at the same time, but I feel more sore after playing in the FL Mids vs JC3 (I am 200lbs +\- and 5’11” with a heavy push off footing for speed, jumping, etc).
See, I don't ever feel sore after playing in any of my "go-to" pairs which include the Rare Metal Lightning, D. Lillard 3, Future Legend (mid), Kobe XI Elite Low, and both Kobe A.D. models. I'm 5'10" 214 lbs. so I put my shoes through a lot of trauma because I'm constantly moving, crashing the boards, etc.

I love that bounce of the FL and RM and it definitely feels different than Zoom but I welcome anything that performs well for me on the court. I'm torn. I want to get the FL low but honestly I can get so many other pairs of shoes for so much cheaper, after discounts. At the end of the day, price and "how often will I actually play or wear that pair?" are my deciding factors. It's why I have ended up selling pairs or giving them away. I figure, if they're going to sit for so long, then get them in the hands of someone else that may appreciate them more.

Screenshot_20170923-161820.png

Thanks for the link. I just grabbed my mom a size 7 (8.5) Vector Leather White. I got my mom into wearing comfortable sports sneakers instead of the crap Kmart girl shoes she usually wears. She now owns 4 BB shoes as I got her the blue, black, and olive Ethers; too. Blackfoam will be very good for her heavy feet, and she digs the premium materials used.

Myself, I just picked up a Vector Leather Natural from eBay; below retail. Flippin' gorgeous! I own 13 BB shoes now. It's becoming an addiction, and it ain't over. :smokin

I personally have played in both FL Mids (which technically i consider low as it shares the same cut as the Kobe IV’s on the ankle) and the FL Lows. I prefer the lows now over the mids but cushion for me on both fronts is bouncy, nice impact protection and Ive played in them for 5-7 hrs at times for a day. (Thursdays for me are pure balling hours from 4p-12a on and off)

Get my Deltas in tomorrow. My most anticipated shoe coz I just really wanna know how they perform.

I personally have played in both FL Mids (which technically i consider low as it shares the same cut as the Kobe IV’s on the ankle) and the FL Lows. I prefer the lows now over the mids but cushion for me on both fronts is bouncy, nice impact protection and Ive played in them for 5-7 hrs at times for a day. (Thursdays for me are pure balling hours from 4p-12a on and off)

Get my Deltas in tomorrow. My most anticipated shoe coz I just really wanna know how they perform.
Where did you order the deltas from?

Multiple people have said to go down a half size for the FL Lows. Is this true? Those same people also don't own pairs of the OG Future Legend so I'm not too sure how they came to that conclusion.

Multiple people have said to go down a half size for the FL Lows. Is this true? Those same people also don't own pairs of the OG Future Legend so I'm not too sure how they came to that conclusion.

I went with a size 9.5 in my Mauve FL Legends and were justtt righhhhtttt in terms of fit.

Went with a size 9 in the Lows due to the reports that they ran long and theyve done my foot justice over the past 20 days that Ive had to play in them.

Mind you, I am a Team Voluptuous aka Wide Footer lolol so the fit for me was on point in both choices for the Mids (9.5) and Low (9).

I also peeped ma76bballs vid on YT with his first on court and had the same first impression specially in terms of Black Foam. Uncaged, its like a close cousin to what i call Jetlon PLUSH in the FL Mid lolol

Hey guys! I wear a size 8 for adidas crazy explosive pk 2016, 7.5 for dame 2. What size should I get for Rare metal that is on sale on BrandBlack's site for $77? Should I get 8? I'm really nervous about the sizing since it says all sales are final. Greatly appreciate any replies!

Hey guys! I wear a size 8 for adidas crazy explosive pk 2016, 7.5 for dame 2. What size should I get for Rare metal that is on sale on BrandBlack's site for $77? Should I get 8? I'm really nervous about the sizing since it says all sales are final. Greatly appreciate any replies!

Go TTS with whatever your normal size is

Back
Top Bottom