BrandBlack

Don’t get me wrong - I LOVE Jacques - I have his number on speed dial and we talk or text about once every two weeks or so. However - he never had a bad thing to say about ANY brand until recently. He was hand picked to be the MC at multiple Jordan/Nike events because they knew he would be kind and honestly, he is the best at leading events like that. He has the face, persona, and attitude/skills to make people comfortable in any situation. That’s a gift.

it’s true that e got invited to everything pre-COVID and we know how that destroyed everything. It doesn’t help that almost ALL of my old PR connects have moved to other industries.

sorry - it sounds like I’m arguing and I’m really not - just talking and discussing and having fun.

its cool, just a decent discussion, i dont take anything personally here

and i get it, you got to defend your friend so its all good

but wt just posted a review for the zoom x invincibles that nike sent over so...

to be fair kustoo was never really a reviewer per say, he showcased and gave opinions but he never really played ball like that

he did give some reviews on some running shoes when started taking that more seriously but even then he wasnt in depth woth it, it just wanst his lane

as you said, he’s more of a presenter/host than anything

and i do also remember justoo had a huge a** billboard from adidas in LA so he isnt exactly a nike loyalist

Nah, he’s a sneaker “loyalist” but will choose Nike if given the chance. He actually didn’t even have an adidas connect until we were in Austin four years ago for the KD9 event and he was asking me who I talked to. Jacques is really the best at what he does and he owns that lane in my opinion.
Yeah, Drew came on and started really building the running category. Nike needs help there - those running customers are SUPER LOYAL to the old technical brands - Brooks, ASICS, new balance, etc. Even though Nike has been and started as running they still don’t get respected by the old school. It’s strange and ironic all at once.

that has actually flipped now, you got asics, brooks, adidas, etc... sponsored runners spray painting nike shoes so they can run in them in races

every other brands has now adapted/copied nikes tech and put their own spin on it but i fully believe nike is back on top, like the invincibles actually the one that many has been looking forward to the most *the pair nike provided you guys) and i am 100% sure it would have sold well without any extra help especially these days when running shoes has kind of taken the top spot of best selling sneaker genre

old schools getting old and arent running in competition anymore and arent getting the spotlight while nikes doing things right and really backed the marketing train behind it

I started off with Nike running shoes but migrated to brooks and hoka the more I started running. I think the those other brands seem to have quite a bit more going for them in terms of research and development. Nike makes cool looking shoes with nice cushion but their fit isn't very accommodating to different feet and gaits yet, from my experience. I wish brands like brooks and hoka would start making hoop shoes but thats clearly not going to happen lol.

nike has way more running tech and has probably spent way more in research the past 5 years (to a decade?) in comparison and thats no surprise considering how much bigger nike is

nike started the plated running shoe craze (which every other brands has copied just to be competitive) plus their rubber compound midsoles of lunarlon, react, zoomx plus a combination of zoom bags/arimax and you can even include the failed ones like vapormax and joyride

then theres the upper where flyknit pretty much one of the best uppers ever made (arguably) which might have started a revolution in a way (you can make one knit upper with sections being pliable while others arent, knit with different material for strength and make different/any designs) and then theres flyprint and atomknit

and i am probably still missing a lot of different techs

so i dont know where these other brands have the advantage in research and development

i cant believe people still knock nike for their nice designs, the weartesters review said nike made nice looking upper to sacrifice performance but that is not true at all, other brands also has bad performing uppers while looking bad

there isnt one good upper that works for everyone or else they would just make one upper for all shoes so that argument makes no sense to begin with, nike constantly tries to improve their uppers but they also have to cater to all type of runners

Last edited:
nike constantly tries to improve their uppers but they also have to cater to all type of runners

I think thats where other brands differ. They tend to have specific shoes that cater to different foot and running gait types. Nike does as well. I'm not knocking Nike, Nike is dope lol. However, some of the other running brands have shoes targeted toward a specific type of runner. An example would be a brooks beast, which is running shoe for a heavy flatfooted person and comes in widths. Nike doesn't really have a shoe that accommodates that. Maybe the air monarch but thats a walking shoe lol.

I think thats what draws me to other brands. The chance that they may develop shoes for different foot types. New Balance sort of did it by offering the wide option the OMN1s but went away from that with the Kawhi 1.

that does not really mean they got more research and development per say, they just make shoes that accommodate but does not improve their tech much which comes from a company who only makes running shoes its understandable, they are more specialized but nike got the most common ones covered (neutral, stability, cushioned, light/speedy, etc...)

what other types does nike not accomodate? plenty of the top tier shoes in other brands do not offer in wide either, pegasus and other zoom shoes usually comes in wide though in limited cw

No disrespect intended but.....are we going to change the thread name?? And I don't rock nikes so don't have anything much to say. But if you're a wide footer like me new balance is hard to beat.

There’s a reason you hardly ever see runners wearing Nike’s, and it’s not because they’re paid or because of brand loyalty.

Nike does spend the most money on research and tech, but it’s not making their running shoes better for runners.

There’s a reason you hardly ever see runners wearing Nike’s, and it’s not because they’re paid or because of brand loyalty.

Nike does spend the most money on research and tech, but it’s not making their running shoes better for runners.

yall definitely arent paying attention :lol:

its like everything i types yall didnt even read, plated shoes are in every brands arsenal now because nike dominated them so much

like i said, other brand sponsored runners been spray painting vaporflys to cover the swoosh so they can compete wearing them

other brands got to be thankful too, them taking running seriously brought light to other brands, like its been stated talking about nw and yt reviews here, nike still get the most views so running shoe reviewers skyrocketed on yt and that expanded to thise checking em out likely checking out other brands those reviewers made a vid for too

Last edited:

its like everything i types yall didnt even read, plated shoes are in every brands arsenal now because nike dominated them so much

like i said, other brand sponsored runners been spray painting vaporflys to cover the swoosh so they can compete wearing them

other brands got to be thankful too, them taking running seriously brought light to other brands, like its been stated talking about nw and yt reviews here, nike still get the most views so running shoe reviewers skyrocketed on yt and that expanded to thise checking em out likely checking out other brands those reviewers made a vid for too

I don’t need to pay attention to what you typed, I can go to a marathon or look at everyone who runs outside. You’ll rarely see them running in a pair of Nike’s. Sorry those are the facts.

Yes the highest performing runners are Vaporfly’s.

The 20 best running shoes of 2021 for actual runners and a Nike finally shows up at number 12.

But you can tell me about painted Vaporfly’s which is true, but isn’t a representation of a large portion of the running market.

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/gear/shoes/a776671/best-running-shoes/

Yall know you could start your on thread about this. Agen not trying do be disrespectful in any way and if I am coming across that way I apologize but if this entertaining conversation about running shoes is gonna continue it really should have its own thread

I don’t need to pay attention to what you typed, I can go to a marathon or look at everyone who runs outside. You’ll rarely see them running in a pair of Nike’s. Sorry those are the facts.

Yes the highest performing runners are Vaporfly’s.

this hasnt been true for years and not just on the top, more and more are running in nikes while 10 years ago there would be none

times have changed and i do watch these marathons and run in them myself and ive noticed the crazier ones that run in nmd’s for example but ive also noticed plenty of nikes and you really cant miss em

in the last marathon olympic trial, nike made the alphafly available for every participant for free and sponsored runners asked their sponsors if they could run in them, thats how nike has progressed so much

There’s a reason you hardly ever see runners wearing Nike’s

this is your quote and theyre factually wrong, you see runners wearing nikes a lot

they make shoes better for runners as well (you admitted it by simply saying vaporflys the best)

and as for the general running market, as more and more public starts running casually or more seriously in 5k, 10k, hald and marathons... a lot of them go toward nikes first because its what they know, “actual runners” arent the majority market anymore

the “no one runs in nikes” mentality is old and dated

The 20 best running shoes of 2021 for actual runners and a Nike finally shows up at number 12.

But you can tell me about painted Vaporfly’s which is true, but isn’t a representation of a large portion of the running market.

https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/gear/shoes/a776671/best-running-shoes/

again the running market is represented by more of a general public now, not the old heads who are in small running groups that scoff at the swoosh :lol: the sport has exploded even before the pnademic and surely during it

and the best reviewed shoes doesnt mean its whats people run with the most, lots still run with the brand (unfortunate i know) but just like people dont just play ball in the best shoes, people also arent just running in asic, saucony, brooks, etc...

i am not going to deny that running specific brands are great at what they do, they are but nike is a major -layer in the market and they arent as ignored as you’re making them out to be, they are present and here to stay

also, i dont know what the hell is going on with that review when you got a new comer 361 and ultraboost 20 up top then its a list for best running shoes of 2020 published in feb of 2020? :lol:

im not gon further derail this thread (though that ship has sailed :lol: ) but im off for a run (in zoom tempos btw)

this hasnt been true for years and not just on the top, more and more are running in nikes while 10 years ago there would be none

times have changed and i do watch these marathons and run in them myself and ive noticed the crazier ones that run in nmd’s for example but ive also noticed plenty of nikes and you really cant miss em

in the last marathon olympic trial, nike made the alphafly available for every participant for free and sponsored runners asked their sponsors if they could run in them, thats how nike has progressed so much

this is your quote and theyre factually wrong, you see runners wearing nikes a lot

they make shoes better for runners as well (you admitted it by simply saying vaporflys the best)

and as for the general running market, as more and more public starts running casually or more seriously in 5k, 10k, hald and marathons... a lot of them go toward nikes first because its what they know, “actual runners” arent the majority market anymore

the “no one runs in nikes” mentality is old and dated

again the running market is represented by more of a general public now, not the old heads who are in small running groups that scoff at the swoosh :lol: the sport has exploded even before the pnademic and surely during it

and the best reviewed shoes doesnt mean its whats people run with the most, lots still run with the brand (unfortunate i know) but just like people dont just play ball in the best shoes, people also arent just running in asic, saucony, brooks, etc...

i am not going to deny that running specific brands are great at what they do, they are but nike is a major -layer in the market and they arent as ignored as you’re making them out to be, they are present and here to stay

also, i dont know what the hell is going on with that review when you got a new comer 361 and ultraboost 20 up top then its a list for best running shoes of 2020 published in feb of 2020? :lol:

im not gon further derail this thread (though that ship has sailed :lol: ) but im off for a run (in zoom tempos btw)

Enjoy your run, I’m sure you’ll see a plethora of Nike’s.

Enjoy your run, I’m sure you’ll see a plethora of Nike’s.

i actually do :lol:

i run with a few cross country runners because theres a few colleges (plus plenty of hs runners too) around the park i run in and id say 90% are in nikes, the other run in nb

to be honest when i chop it up with them, im the one telling em about and to try saucony endorphin speeds or hoka carbon x

but thanks, ill run an extra mile for you :lol:

Starman Rare Metal 2 dropping on the 14th now too.
D4544AD3-DD91-4A10-B9D1-A0FB69009328.jpeg

I tried getting the rare metal 2s and they were sold out at 12:00PM EST before I could click anything. I'm guessing this wasn't due to bots, bc I can't imagine there's resale value. The supply must have been really small for this initial release. Hopefully not just to generate a fake sell out/hype

I tried getting the rare metal 2s and they were sold out at 12:00PM EST before I could click anything. I'm guessing this wasn't due to bots, bc I can't imagine there's resale value. The supply must have been really small for this initial release. Hopefully not just to generate a fake sell out/hype

Yeah, one pair in each size on Earth!

1613508667818.gif

Really feeling the RM2, the Vibram wrap tech is amazing - will be interested to see if other brands get on this for Basketball shoes.

I respect BB for setting out to do exactly what they want, and have the experience/skill/resources to do it. I get people scoffing at the price tag on these but its not like Nike retail running shoes (Vaporfly) at $250 is it? Anyway BB create quality products, seem to know their market and clearly have no problem selling.

Don't know if it was the reference to retro futurism/starman thing but I couldn't shake this idea, so I had a little fun with some inspiration from Dave's space suit from 2001 Space Odyssey.

rm2 2001.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/pb__js/

Back
Top Bottom