BrandBlack

Not feeling the final product. $250 definitely not. I don't own anymore BB shoes. It was good while I had them but moving on since they're doing luxury pricing.

Yo, do you mean you no longer own any brandblack shoes, or you are no longer purchasing from them?
If it’s the former, then I am greatly saddened. I wouldn’t have known about BB if it wasn’t for you. Hell, in my mind the JC2s are the TPGs.

I downsized my sneakers little bit (to buy new stuff lol) so they had to go as well has most of my Curry's. I'll still buy some of their clothing when they get to $40 but I think those days of getting deals from them are over. As far as shoes I don't think so, they are more focused on lifestyle and $200 price tags. Good times back then seeing all of us buy them on sale though.

Last edited:
I downsized my sneakers little bit (to buy new stuff lol) so they had to go as well has most of my Curry's. I'll still buy some of their clothing when they get to $40 but I think those days of getting deals from them are over. As far as shoes I don't think so, they are more focused on lifestyle and $200 price tags. Good times back then seeing all of us buy them on sale though.
JC2 were hall of fame IMO , to me they are doing what they have always done. They were always trying to me designer fashion with performance and the JC/rare metal line was a prime example of that. I personally never waited to cop til it was dirt cheap because all that means is they would eventually stop making the product ( which that did ) and that only hurts us.

Just sucks that ppl will pay for nikes but will wait for a quality product like what BB gave us to be practically given to us before supporting them ( not saying that’s you just saying in general)

thats just how business works

a lot of nikes goes on sale too, i dont think ive paid retail for any bball shoes that i actually play in for retail but there are shoes/retros which you’ll miss out if you decide to wait for it to to on sale

if bb sold out at retail then that simply meant people were willing to pay retail but they entered a huge market dominated by companies that are bigger and has more capital for marketing than them so they had to take that into consideration

maybe the problem is in trying to look “designer” where those design tends to be less classic looking as designer trends change season after season and in a time where people do not really rock bball shoes casually like that anymore, it doesnt help trying to look “in style”

plus bball shoe sale are just down all across the board so a brand that has less styles to offer and less margin for error means they’ll feel it more in their pockets while nike/adidas can ride it out and rely on the sales of other shoes

To be fair I paid retail for the jc2 and don't buy nikes(or in over 15 years) at all so can't speak to that. We just need to hope the the lifestyle stuff that is popular is selling so well that if they take a haircut on this shoe there still good. I also think that is why there no were to be found because there thinking if we don't make to many they sell out and we don't lose money. I just wish they would have had a better price and honestly I wish the jc3 would be retroed and the Lando's and the force vector learhers. Omg the leather on thoes shoes and the big man feel. Drop steps were so comfortable

Question to duke40 duke40 and anyone else who knows did BB make the big Baller shoes like the G3 Lux?? I really want a pair so bad. But will not pay retail

Last edited:
nothing wrong with paying retail for things you like at all, im just saying that type of consumer isnt the norm but also at the end of the day, you only bought two pairs, thats not a knock on you but nike might not sell kyries/giannis/pg for retail all the time but people do buy a handful on discount every year

I also think that is why there no were to be found because there thinking if we don't make to many they sell out and we don't lose money.

that really depends on how much they spent to design and manufacture the shoes vs how many pairs sold

if theres a handful of pairs per size, despite selling out you could still go on the red

nothing wrong with paying retail for things you like at all, im just saying that type of consumer isnt the norm but also at the end of the day, you only bought two pairs, thats not a knock on you but nike might not sell kyries/giannis/pg for retail all the time but people do buy a handful on discount every year

that really depends on how much they spent to design and manufacture the shoes vs how many pairs sold

if theres a handful of pairs per size, despite selling out you could still go on the red

I agree with you. But when they said its a halo car type project that means they are ready to lose money on a project like this. I paid retail because I believed in the product and when I put them on I could have not been happier. They should be looking at competitors like puma not Nike people will always buy nike because they are the big dog in the room. And they make good products

bigdeav410 bigdeav410 David Raysse and Billy did make the BBB shoes with a lot of the same upper materials you will see from Brandblack going forward. The biggest change now from when they were making the JC series is the break from Skechers. When they had Skechers money they could afford to do lower prices and take hits on inventories and clearance prices. Now they broke free and it is all on them so production levels will be lower and retail will be higher to offset, keeping them in the “niche” market. I never got any of the BBB shoes but I have heard they feel great in hand and on foot.

bigdeav410 bigdeav410 David Raysse and Billy did make the BBB shoes with a lot of the same upper materials you will see from Brandblack going forward. The biggest change now from when they were making the JC series is the break from Skechers. When they had Skechers money they could afford to do lower prices and take hits on inventories and clearance prices. Now they broke free and it is all on them so production levels will be lower and retail will be higher to offset, keeping them in the “niche” market. I never got any of the BBB shoes but I have heard they feel great in hand and on foot.

Perfectly explains the higher prices, thanks for that clarification! Totally understand and it makes sense (wish them all the best)….

Still too expensive for me lol, especially when I’d rather throw that on some 998s or other NBs.

Has anyone else played in these yet? I wore them for two hours of full court basketball two Saturdays ago and loved it.

Was waiting to hear some reviews. I wouldn’t doubt their performance, other than traction on dusty courts. Really curious about the Supercritical Jetlon and round outsole.

wish I could but by the time I tried to buy it said sold out. How do these compare to the JC2?
I never played in the JC2 so I can't compare them to those. What I do know is that they feel super light, the traction was A1, and lockdown was great. I put them on again, yesterday, for the second hour of my session and I felt recharged. Love the response of these.

I never played in the JC2 so I can't compare them to those. What I do know is that they feel super light, the traction was A1, and lockdown was great. I put them on again, yesterday, for the second hour of my session and I felt recharged. Love the response of these.

The Rare Metal 1 was amazing for me, but as I’ve gotten older I need the max cushioned shoes (traction wasn’t good on dust either). I loved those so much and they really brought that Kobe 4/5/8/9 feel back. Real curious as to how the Supercritical Jetlon feels and how thick it is.

stangnhoops stangnhoops glad to hear you're enjoying them! Any advice/comparisons to other shoes on sizing?
Sizing, I would definitely go TTS. Overall fit, lockdown, and containment have been excellent. The bottom row of rungs are definitely needed for heel lockdown. I tried three different configurations and how they're shipped and laced worked the best for me. I have a high arch and a very high instep so heel lockdown is extremely important for me.
Performance wise, I'm still extremely impressed at how well these have performed considering they look so out there compared to everything else. I know that I'm only a few hours into them but I will definitely be getting more pairs. I'm that happy with them.

Sizing, I would definitely go TTS. Overall fit, lockdown, and containment have been excellent. The bottom row of rungs are definitely needed for heel lockdown. I tried three different configurations and how they're shipped and laced worked the best for me. I have a high arch and a very high instep so heel lockdown is extremely important for me.
Performance wise, I'm still extremely impressed at how well these have performed considering they look so out there compared to everything else. I know that I'm only a few hours into them but I will definitely be getting more pairs. I'm that happy with them.

How does the Jetlon feel in them? Is it pretty thick?

How does the Jetlon feel in them? Is it pretty thick?
I'm sorry for not replying to you, earlier. I just realized that now. It feels pretty awesome, quite frankly and no it isn't super thick. I have been riding on a "high" about FuelCell in the Omn1s and the reason I love FC so much is because of how much response/bounce it has when I'm playing. During my last session, I went from playing in a pair of Omn1s Low to the Rare Metal II and was blown away by how much difference there was in weight and response. The RMII felt even lighter and the response was even higher. The bounce wasn't too much but I definitely felt a "recharge" in my step and in my playing. I don't know how else to really translate my feelings into words other than "wow".

I'm sorry for not replying to you, earlier. I just realized that now. It feels pretty awesome, quite frankly and no it isn't super thick. I have been riding on a "high" about FuelCell in the Omn1s and the reason I love FC so much is because of how much response/bounce it has when I'm playing. During my last session, I went from playing in a pair of Omn1s Low to the Rare Metal II and was blown away by how much difference there was in weight and response. The RMII felt even lighter and the response was even higher. The bounce wasn't too much but I definitely felt a "recharge" in my step and in my playing. I don't know how else to really translate my feelings into words other than "wow".

No problem, thanks for replying! So it pretty much feels low to the ground and responsive, not too much bounce? Glad you’re enjoying them and thanks for giving us your review of them!

No problem, thanks for replying! So it pretty much feels low to the ground and responsive, not too much bounce? Glad you’re enjoying them and thanks for giving us your review of them!
Yeah, the ride height (court feel) is one of the main things that I look for and these don't sit too high and my feet sit well within the Wraptech outsole. I know they look chunky and even clunky but they are far from it.

I'm pretty damn close to pulling the trigger on these... :lol:

My dilemma is that virtually all hoop sessions in the foreseeable future for me will be outdoors. I'm hesitant to pick them up only to thrash the outsole in just a few sessions. These seem to be meant for the hardwood. Not that I won't get back to indoor runs again, but it's just been a different world and I'm not sure when that will be. I'm sure this has been the case for many others as well.

^^^

this is why nw irks me sometimes and why he seems biased, i know beating a dead horse but he always critics shoes when they are budget friendly or they are way too expensive for what you get and i dont remember him saying anything about the $250 price tag of those rm2

if the new lebrons or kds cost that much, he’d non-stop bash is for 5 minutes and keep going back to it

Back
Top Bottom