Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

So I'm rewatching Blood Money again and I'm thinking of how Walt kept having one foot in and one foot out due to serious situations that scared him off, moral dilemmas where he tried to make the good decision yet once he got a hang of things his thought process switched I can do this, be the best at it, etc. and well I'm watching the scene where he's talking to Skyler about buying another car wash and organizing the display and it's such bull ****. Walt keeps fooling himself in to thinking he'd be satisfied with that life but he won't.

I don't think that pile of money changed his thinking permanently. If Hank hadn't found out I'm pretty sure he'd eventually sneak back in to the game and his next enemies would whoever else he was selling to he wasn't happy with like these czechs or possibly wiping out another cartel. I don't think dude can ever help himself. He had a taste of success and a vibrant lifestyle going back to being such a lame family man wouldn't have cut it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ Badger's "Just gotta write it down is all." Gets funnier every time I hear it.

would love a good stream of blood money
AMC's site has been streaming Blood Money for free.

Last edited:
I think that Walt Jr. AKA Flynn has got to be gay or there is something with his "friend" Louis. They mention Louis by name FAR too often for him to have no major role in the show. Whenever Jr gets a call, he always says, "Hi, Louis!" or something similar. Walt Jr also gets super happy when bowling is cancelled and immediately calls Louis. Isn't it weird that he is mentioned so often in the show, yet has no real part, as of now?

I think that Walt Jr. AKA Flynn has got to be gay or there is something with his "friend" Louis. They mention Louis by name FAR too often for him to have no major role in the show. Whenever Jr gets a call, he always says, "Hi, Louis!" or something similar. Walt Jr also gets super happy when bowling is cancelled and immediately calls Louis. Isn't it weird that he is mentioned so often in the show, yet has no real part, as of now?

I was thinking this too. I started rewatching the series and the way Jr. leaves the room when Louis calls :lol:

I mean.. it's possible.

But he could also be the average teenager who wants his privacy and hangs out with his best friend.

It could also be bad writing. They never say any other name besides Louis because they only have the one friend for him. The kid also has CP, so it's not like he'd be Mr. Popular at school. Walt Jr has been a very minor character the entire series. His only real contributions was being furious at Skyler during the separation, wanting a car, being angry at Walt for not going through chemo originally, and doing the charity website. Even Marie had that stealing plotline and when she pretended to be other people at open houses... we've never seen Jr. by himself away from the family, have we?

So if they all of a sudden in the last seven episodes reveal that he's gay, it would be a little weird. Introduce it season 3 or 4 if you're going to. Otherwise it is going to be "Heisenberg and Hank square off... also Walt Jr. announces he's gay" :lol:

Last edited:
I was thinking this too. I started rewatching the series and the way Jr. leaves the room when Louis calls
laugh.gif
you didn't know?

that boy walt jr be out there cooking that pseudo with his homie lewis..

flynn is his alias, a la heisenberg.

I was thinking this too. I started rewatching the series and the way Jr. leaves the room when Louis calls :lol:

:lol: :rofl:

a quick google search

What's Walter Jr.s sexuality? - Results (314 votes)

Straight

12.1%

Gay

40.76%

Pancakesexual

47.13%

This poll is now closed.

I dunno I think it's been pretty implied that he's in love with Louis. Skyler pretty much says as much in season 2...something with walt asking where they were going and what they were doing, and a clearly frustrated Skyler saying "Who knows what they do?" or sometihng like that.

Plus Walter Jr. has shown no interest in his other friends and always wants special time with Louis even over his own family. He'd rather Louis teach him to drive, and Louis bring him to school. I know it's never been said but I'm pretty sure it's implied. Just watch Walter's face when Jr. talks about Louis, and you can always see the frustration, especially when Walter Jr. gets a ride with Louis to school every day instead of Walt. You can look at the look on Walt's face and just KNOW that that gets under the skin of a prideful "family man" like Walt. Cranston is great at delivering such a subtle performance with no words but make his thoughts so clear.

...I remember at a birthday party he was filming the candle blowout and he was sneaking a peak at a ladies breastesses with the camera. Straight.

Little did you know, there were pancakes subtlety placed behind the woman :wow: :wow: :rofl:

Last edited:
So basically everyone is or was totally gay for their best friend from high school? :lol:

I suppose JR could have said "Hey Joe" or "Hey what's up Carlos? yeah lets hang out." a couple times instead of always being Luis, but then i suspect people would be theorizing about JR's mysterious friend Carlos, and how me might play in the final episodes. :lol:

We've seen JR ostracized for his condition in the pilot episode, perhaps that carries over to high school(and add to that his dad ,who is a teacher at the HS, being found naked in a grocery store).He also got busted trying to buy beer with another group of kids who bailed on him. Is that hard to believe that Louis is just a really good bro? :lol:

Last edited:
So basically everyone is or was totally gay for their best friend from high school?
laugh.gif

I suppose JR could have said "Hey Joe" or "Hey what's up Carlos? yeah lets hang out." a couple times instead of always being Luis, but then i suspect people would be theorizing about JR's mysterious friend Carlos, and how me might play in the final episodes.
laugh.gif

We've seen JR ostracized for his condition in the pilot episode, perhaps that carries over to high school(and add to that his dad ,who is a teacher at the HS, being found naked in a grocery store).He also got busted trying to buy beer with another group of kids who bailed on him. Is that hard to believe that Louis is just a really good bro?
laugh.gif
That's not what I was saying at all. I was taking notice that he is mentioned a lot in the show, and that is usually indicative that there is something more. The writers could have easily cut out every single scene that mentions Louis, yet they continue to have Walt Jr talk about him almost incessantly. It seems unnecessary to me to continue to have Louis mentioned throughout the whole show and play no part at all in the plot.
jr gay? at this point in the show?
mean.gif
Again, I just think that Louis will play some part in the plot going forward. Same with Declan. They are mentioned a lot, yet hardly seen. I actually think that Louis is mentioned more times than Declan.

Last edited:
jr gay? at this point in the show?
mean.gif

EDIT: I think the point of luis is to show how he is basically the only outlet jr has.  he's paralyzed and even w his new whip he is not extremely popular.  He always mentions luis because luis is his only friend.  without luis, the only thing jr would do is eat breakfast.  remember, the show is not about jr, but his father, so jr is just a prop for something bad to happen him.

Last edited:
jr gay? at this point in the show? :smh:

EDIT: I think the point of luis is to show how he is basically the only outlet jr has.  he's paralyzed and even w his new whip he is not extremely popular.  He always mentions luis because luis is his only friend.  without luis, the only thing jr would do is eat breakfast.  remember, the show is not about jr, but his father, so jr is just a prop for something bad to happen him.

Great way of putting it.

But we've never seen Luis and from what we know either has his parents.

Maybe it is someone placed close to Flynn just in case the situation arises when they have to do something drastic to get Walt's attention (Kidnap, etc....)

Maybe it is someone placed close to Flynn just in case the situation arises when they have to do something drastic to get Walt's attention (Kidnap, etc....)
yes we have he came to the door to pick him up in one episode

he stayed for dinner that one time.

That's not what I was saying at all. I was taking notice that he is mentioned a lot in the show, and that is usually indicative that there is something more. The writers could have easily cut out every single scene that mentions Louis, yet they continue to have Walt Jr talk about him almost incessantly. It seems unnecessary to me to continue to have Louis mentioned throughout the whole show and play no part at all in the plot.

Again, I just think that Louis will play some part in the plot going forward. Same with Declan. They are mentioned a lot, yet hardly seen. I actually think that Louis is mentioned more times than Declan.

It would be even more unnecessary to shoe horn Louis into the plot line with 7 episodes left. We're down to the nitty gritty. This is now about the downfall of Walt, I can't possibly see how Louis could fit into that in any meaningful way. The writers are way too good for that.

Declan was only introduced like 5 episodes ago, so naturally Louis has been mentioned more than him. I think Declan could play some part in the final few episodes as well, but that's because he was directly involved with Walt's product.

Louis was the first person to call Jr. Flynn. You could have Jr change his name without the Louis, I guess, but the way they did it was much more effective than Jr just up and changing his name to Flynn. ("I'm just here to pick up Flynn." "Flynn?")

Jr. told Skyler he was staying the night at Louis' when he stayed over night at Walt's.

Last edited:
anyone remember in the begininning of the show when walt would kind of "space out" and only hear that loud ringing noise?

any thoughts on what that was about?

It would be even more unnecessary to shoe horn Louis into the plot line with 7 episodes left. We're down to the nitty gritty. This is now about the downfall of Walt, I can't possibly see how Louis could fit into that in any meaningful way. The writers are way too good for that.

Louis was the first person to call Jr. Flynn. You could have Jr change his name without the Louis, I guess, but the way they did it was much more effective than Jr just up and changing his name to Flynn. "I'm just here to pick up Flynn." "Flynn?"

Jr. told Skyler he was staying the night at Louis' when he stayed over night at Walt's.
You're probably right, but I've literally been thinking throughout this whole show, "Why the hell do they keep bringing this fool Louis up when he has nothing to do with the plot?" It just seems silly to me, I guess. It seems like his name gets brought up so many times it's weird that he really plays no part in the show.

He's a friend so they have somewhere for Jr to be.

Some of you are overthinking it. Jr needs to be out of the house so Walt and Skyler can talk.. He's with Louis. Simple.

I have to imagine that Walt will use his get away plan Saul mentioned in Crawl Space and Skyler will most likely die.

Back
Top Bottom