Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

roll.gif
eek.gif

i dont understand how people can say that they cant understand why walt is the way he is now.  to me it makes perfect sense seeing that:

1) he watched his father die from a debilitating disease at a very young age

2) he was emasculated by skylar for the better part of their marriage and the show

3) his greatest creation, grey matter, was stolen from him

to me these three factors create heisenberg:

a) his fear of death and being not able to provide stem from his father. 

b) his ruthless, cajones of steel alpha male mentality from being repressed under skylar

c) the absurd amount of money gretchen and eliot made off of his intellect and genius

his motivations are to correct the things in his life that were changing.

first it was seeing the money on tv at his party.

then it was seeing his fantasy woman at the carwash before he passed out.

then it was his life, getting the cancer diagnosis.

Damn. So many interesting points in here. I think I'm gonna stay outta here till the 7 episodes end, way too much going on that could actually be true. The only thing we know for sure.... Is that they won't let us down.

Basically... it was a "what's the point?" moment. The house is abandoned, you can assume Skyler and the kids are gone for good (whether they're dead or alive) so who cares if the plate is put back.
yea i saw it as walter white was so meticulous as to put it back, but now he's heisenberg and has to leave such idiosyncracies behind.

I can't see the video, but I hope it's from 2x10 where he goes up to those dudes and says, "Stay out of my territory," and they get shook.

"Congratulations on the mess you've made of things..."
TV on the Radio = GOAT

Yezzir thats the scene, starting when he was giving the dude pointers in the store about cooking supplies.

i dont understand how people can say that they cant understand why walt is the way he is now.  to me it makes perfect sense seeing that:

2) he was emasculated by skylar for the better part of their marriage and the show

b) his ruthless, cajones of steel alpha male mentality from being repressed under skylar
c) the absurd amount of money gretchen and eliot made off of his intellect and genius

When did Walt make reference to his father? I don't think I remember any of that.

Personally, the theories and speculation aren't my favorite things about the show.

Some are interesting, others are as bad as fan fiction :lol:

There's plenty of great acting, dialogue, cinematography, themes, to discuss and enjoy that I find the theorizing to be just extra. It definitely goes too far some times and people mistake basic concepts or ideas and try to make it even bigger.

This. It's way too many people reaching for ANYTHING as clue for whats gonna happen next. Dudes just coming up with stuff that doesn't even make sense. It's kinda funny to read though.

:lol: speaking of the cars in the show..... Theres something in the show about Jesses Monte Carlo always bugged the ish outta me....

Its described as a "1989" in the show a few times.... problem is 1989 Monte Carlos never existed. Chevrolet discontinued production of the Monte Carlo in 1987, making 1988 the very last model year.

Additionally the 1987 and 1988 models had a completely different front end making the car in the series no newer than a 1986

Finally the grille on the car... while it could be easily changed is specific to 1981-1983 model years

Just alittle car geekdom from someone who notices these kind of things :lol:

Edit w pics
Jesses Monte described in he series as a 1989 (actually a 1981-1983 as noted by grille)

1987/1988 Monte Carlo

1984-1986 grille

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking.... out of all the characters... who do you think would be best for a spinoff series ?

Ive heard rumors of a spinoff in the works starring Saul.... IMO a show revolving around his practice featuring stories about all kinds of different people he represents would be extremely entertaining.

I also really liked the idea someone mentioned about a prequel that shows in detail how Gus came to power.

A series from the perspective of the Salamanca family also seems like it would have lots of potential.

I can smell the fan-fiction already :smokin
i can see walt jr getting a spin off taking over his fathers legacy and going by that other name his friends call him
i cant remember the name

Hypothetically speaking.... out of all the characters... who do you think would be best for a spinoff series ?

Ive heard rumors of a spinoff in the works starring Saul.... IMO a show revolving around his practice featuring stories about all kinds of different people he represents would be extremely entertaining.

I also really liked the idea someone mentioned about a prequel that shows in detail how Gus came to power.

A series from the perspective of the Salamanca family also seems like it would have lots of potential.

I can smell the fan-fiction already :smokin
i can see walt jr getting a spin off taking over his fathers legacy and going by that other name his friends call him
i cant remember the name

flynn :smh:

I want the Cap'n Cook whip or at least those plates.
This seems mad spoilerific. That really reads like something Walt could say to Hank next time he confronts him.

i dont understand how people can say that they cant understand why walt is the way he is now. to me it makes perfect sense seeing that:

THIS MAN KNOWS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom