Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

I might be color blind or something, but I think I remember Walt putting something white (obviously not ricin) in a small container behind the wall socket. I was confused when I first saw this and I just watched the episode yesterday so it's still fresh in my brain. I was like, why is he putting salt behind a wall socket? I came to the conclusion that Walt hid some Lily of the Valley berries that were mashed up to use later on...

*Looking for the episode on Netflix that included the scene (could be wrong though)...

he hid the real ricin in the wall (in case he ever needs it), and he planted the vial of salt inside of jessie's roomba.

he hid the real ricin in the wall (in case he ever needs it), and he planted the vial of salt inside of jessie's roomba.
Looked for the scene in season 4 and couldn't find it. 
mean.gif
at me for thinking it was on season 4. Anyway, went to the second episode of the 5th season and saw this:

I BELIEVE Walt is throwing away the ricin via the toilet.

Then Walt proceeds to tape what is either salt (why would he put salt behind wall socket?) or the Lily of the Valley berries on the back of the wall socket.

So Walt is either putting salt behind Jessie's wall socket (why would he do this?); the Lily of the Valley berries behind Jessie's wall socket (why would he do this? He COULD lose the trust of his partner if Jesse has some electrical problems and has to open said wall socket and finds the Lily of Valley berries planted); or the Lily of the Valley berries behind HIS (to use later on - but why? Brock survived from it so what real use does it have killing a target) wall socket.

Edit: Nevermind, did some more research and found out that ricin comes in the form of white powder. I was confused because the ricin Walt gave Jesse was brown/dark brown. So I guess I can assume that Walt produced more ricin. Probably threw away the brown ricin in the toilet Saul got from Huell and produced a newer white version of the poison. Googled "can ricin expire" and didn't get any answers (only looked at the first page though). Confused me 'cause the Lily of the Valley flowers are white, too. So I guess the real question is, why would Walt want to produce a white version of ricin?

Last edited:
Looked for the scene in season 4 and couldn't find it. :smh: at me for thinking it was on season 4. Anyway, went to the second episode of the 5th season and saw this:

Then Walt proceeds to tape what is either salt (why would he put salt behind wall socket?) or the Lily of the Valley berries on the back of the wall socket.

So Walt is either putting salt behind Jessie's wall socket (why would he do this?); the Lily of the Valley berries behind Jessie's wall socket (why would he do this? He COULD lose the trust of his partner if Jesse has some electrical problems and has to open said wall socket and finds the Lily of Valley berries planted); or the Lily of the Valley berries behind HIS (to use later on - but why? Brock survived from it so what real use does it have killing a target) wall socket.

Edit: Nevermind, did some more research and found out that ricin comes in the form of white powder. I was confused because the ricin Walt gave Jesse was brown/dark brown. So I guess I can assume that Walt produced more ricin. Probably threw away the brown ricin in the toilet Saul got from Huell and produced a newer white version of the poison. Googled "can ricin expire" and didn't get any answers (only looked at the first page though). Confused me 'cause the Lily of the Valley flowers are white, too. So I guess the real question is, why would Walt want to produce a white version of ricin?

Dude... he's flushing tobacco down the toilet so he can put salt in the empty cig. Then he puts the real ricin behind HIS (not jesse's) outlet. Takes the salt cig to jesse's, plants it in the roomba.

Last edited:
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

IZ YO MIND BLOWN YET?

hello last week

j/k

i saw this before ..but my mind was semi-blown..... 1/2 measure

Last edited:
Dude... he's flushing tobacco down the toilet so he can put salt in the empty cig. Then he puts the real ricin behind HIS (not jesse's) outlet. Takes the salt cig to jesse's, plants it in the roomba.
Oh, ok. But why would he need to flush the tobacco? It's not like he's hiding anything ala Skyler.

Couldn't post so I'll just edit and post this here.
you didnt have to shoot him like that
tongue.gif

what ? walts hiding a lot
Here's some more screenshots.

This is where I'm pretty sure he throws a cigarette. Obviously not loose tobacco.

Here he has something else in his hands. What could it be?

Before it lands in the toilet.

When I think it lands in the toilet (it was really hard getting a clear screenshot 'cause the sequence is finished in seconds).

So, he throws two things in the toilet. I know this for a fact because I heard two trickles of water. Couldn't both just be tobacco 'cause he only used one cigarette to put the salt in. Also, he brings a plastic bag to the bathroom with a ROLLED cigarette in it, I would post a screenshot but I'm too lazy and I closed the tab I was streaming from - you can check it out for yourself, I think it's around the 6 minute mark in the second episode of the 5th season.

The old ricin may not be dark brown, but it's definitely NOT white. Here's a screenshop of the first time Walt made ricin using Jesse's Aunt's basement intending to poison Tuco.

I'll look for more screenshots of the time when Walt used the Laundromat Meth Lab to make the newer ricin since I'm pretty sure that's when I saw the darker brown stuff. I forgot what happened to this batch of ricin but I'm pretty sure they cooked a new batch that was darker in the lab to kill Gus.

And my bad if the pics aren't working, had to copy + paste and I don't know how to use HTML on the new platform.

Last edited:
Nevermind, did some more research and found out that ricin comes in the form of white powder. I was confused because the ricin Walt gave Jesse was brown/dark brown. So I guess I can assume that Walt produced more ricin. Probably threw away the brown ricin in the toilet Saul got from Huell and produced a newer white version of the poison. Googled "can ricin expire" and didn't get any answers (only looked at the first page though). Confused me 'cause the Lily of the Valley flowers are white, too. So I guess the real question is, why would Walt want to produce a white version of ricin?

you didnt have to shoot him like that :tongue:

Oh, ok. But why would he need to flush the tobacco? It's not like he's hiding anything ala Skyler.

Last edited:

The Ricin has always been white since day 1, never was any sort of brown color, and he was simply disregarding the tobacco down the toilet to quickly spike the phony cig to plant in Jesse's crib...nothing more nothing less. Seems like you're trying to over analyze every single scene in the show b.

you didnt have to shoot him like that
tongue.gif

This is where I'm pretty sure he throws a cigarette. Obviously not loose tobacco.

When I think it lands in the toilet (it was really hard getting a clear screenshot 'cause the sequence is finished in seconds.

So, he throws two things in the toilet. I know this for a fact because I heard two drops. Couldn't both just be tobacco 'cause he only used one cigarette. Also, he brings a plastic bag to the bathroom with a ROLLED cigarette in it, I would post a screenshot but I'm too lazy and I closed the tab I was streaming from - you can check it out for yourself, I think it's around the 6 minute mark in the second episode of the 5th season.

And y'all didn't answer why it went from brown ricin to white ricin. Does it do that over time?

Looked for the scene in season 4 and couldn't find it. :smh: at me for thinking it was on season 4. Anyway, went to the second episode of the 5th season and saw this:

2194_12893-620x-THATS_A_BINGO.jpg

When I think it lands in the toilet (it was really hard getting a clear screenshot 'cause the sequence is finished in seconds).

So, he throws two things in the toilet. I know this for a fact because I heard two trickles of water. Couldn't both just be tobacco 'cause he only used one cigarette to put the salt in. Also, he brings a plastic bag to the bathroom with a ROLLED cigarette in it, I would post a screenshot but I'm too lazy and I closed the tab I was streaming from - you can check it out for yourself, I think it's around the 6 minute mark in the second episode of the 5th season.
The Ricin has always been white since day 1, never was any sort of brown color, and he was simply disregarding the tobacco down the toilet to quickly spike the phony cig to plant in Jesse's crib...nothing more nothing less. Seems like you're trying to over analyze every single scene in the show b.
The old ricin may not be dark brown, but it's definitely NOT white. Here's a screenshop of the first time Walt made ricin using Jesse's Aunt's basement intending to poison Tuco.

I'll look for more screenshots of the time when Walt used the Laundromat Meth Lab to make the newer ricin since I'm pretty sure that's when I saw the darker brown stuff. I forgot what happened to this batch of ricin but I'm pretty sure they cooked a new batch that was darker in the lab to kill Gus.

And my bad if the pics aren't working, had to copy + paste and I don't know how to use HTML on the new platform.

Last edited:
I just re-watched it and it could not be any clearer. 

Walt sits at the table and fills the empty vile with salt. He then empties out a clean cigarette onto his table, puts in the salt vile, fills it with tobacco, then compares it to the ricin cigarette in the plastic bag. He takes the plastic bag with the cigarette into the bathroom. He rips apart the cigarette and throws the half with the tobacco into the toilet. Then, takes the vile out and tosses the filter/2nd piece of the cigarette. He throws two things into the toilet, but they're two pieces of the same original ricin cigarette.

He then tapes the ricin behind an outlet in his house.

dude your are over doing it ...the scene has been explained stop plz.......
The scene HAS been explained, thoroughly (thanks to Big J 33, at least someone's post was clear) - AFTER your post. Sure, other NTers were saying that tobacco was being flushed, but I took it as them thinking it was loose tobacco, not a rolled up cigarette.
Nope.

Last edited:
How did Walt end up acquiring the cigarette with the real ricin in it? I feel stupid for not remembering something like this but it confused me while watching the episode on sunday

How did Walt end up acquiring the cigarette with the real ricin in it? I feel stupid for not remembering something like this but it confused me while watching the episode on sunday
Saul gave the ricin that Huell(Lavell Crawford) confiscated from Jesse back to Walt in the first episode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom