Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

All it would take would be Saul telling Jesse what Walt had him do to Brock.. and all that stuff is out the window.

Todd will definitely be a major player...and his pest control team. They don't look like they can be trusted long-term, plus you have Lydia, who can't be trusted either since she freaks out over everything.

The 5th episode of this season is supposed to be EPIC :evil: At Comic Con, he said the 5th episode was the complete opposite of a bottle episode so I'm expecting some major ****

“We have one hell of a great caper episode coming up in episode five. I’ll tell you that. Maybe our best yet. You’ve got three more weeks until that one comes. The next couple episodes are fantastic. I’m so proud of all these episodes. I can’t wait for people to see the final six. I want them to linger. I want the weeks to go by slowly so that we can really parcel out these episodes. Because I want this feeling to last – of people enjoying them. And yet I’m also greedy to have people jump to the end of it all and hopefully they’ll say ‘Man – Wow, that was a great season.’”

http://collider.com/vince-gilligan-western-breaking-bad-interview/184215/

Maybe the Scarface scene isn't necessarily foreshadowing his death but foreshadowing how he's gonna use that gun he bought in the cold scene. If you remember, the reason Tony went all crazy was because they killed his sister, so i'm gonna guess someone kills somebody from Walt's family.

It seems like this episode had a lot of foreshadowing in most of the scenes.

Maybe the Scarface scene isn't necessarily foreshadowing his death but foreshadowing how he's gonna use that gun he bought in the cold scene. If you remember, the reason Tony went all crazy was because they killed his sister, so i'm gonna guess someone kills somebody from Walt's family.
It seems like this episode had a lot of foreshadowing in most of the scenes.
jesses putting ricin in walt jrs breakfast
laugh.gif

The discussions about his long-term prospects with a family coupled with his nonchalance over the divvying up of the money leads me to believe that Jesse will want out of the drug game soon. He doesn't have Walt's ego nor Mike's baggage. We'll see.

this show is f'ed up, got me sympathizing with this scumbag character and wanting someone to kill hank the good guy cop. smh. 

Y'all keep bringing up the allusion to Scarface but don't forget about Jesse and Walt the 3 Stooges getting gunned down by a Gorilla :lol: :pimp:

Saul: "The three of us, we're the three amigos..."

Guess who's the guerilla :nerd:

Jesse stealing a tortilla hahahah

figures Jesse in the factory could not leave without trying to take that tortilla...he ended up going to grab it off the line and got 'burned'...in this episode the discussion about his relationship with the spanish Andrea Cantillo was brought up a couple times...wonder if the break up will come back to burn Jesse somehow

obviously, this is just a stretch, but got to love the fact that a show like this has us trying to figure out/read into every single scene...pure enjoyment from the very first episode

Just when you thought you've seen the best season... season 5 is lookin real good right now. So much symbolism, twists, foreshadow, and film shots. All the characters are doin a great job too. I read in a GQ interview with Aaron Paul (Jesse) that he said that he just got done filming episode 5 during their GQ photo shoot, and he also said it was a very huge episode. I'm definitely looking forward to 2 sundays from now!

what a fantastic show.

walt is gonna take mike out :smh:

i could see walt losing everything. skylar taking him down. losing his family.
i have a feeling hank is going to find out everything.

Walt and Jesse getting along well makes me feel uneasy.

Something is going to boil over.

laugh.gif
 Dude on Reddit said Malcom in the Middle is Walt starting a new family after disappearing. 

Walt straight up threatened Jesse.  They had that "heart to heart" moment while sitting on the couch after cooking where it was like a father/son chat about relationships.  Jesse had a reality check after Walt said what he did about Victor before leaving the shop.  Walt is the ultimate manipulator.  Excuse me, Heisenberg.  He's not Walt anymore. 

How ruthless was it that he stopped to eat his apple before checking on his wife hahahhaha

Back in business:smokin ...sort of.
Walt with that perfect lie.
I hope we don't see Marie for at least zero more episodes, her facial expressions sicken me.
What was the underlying meaning about what Walt was saying about Victor's death?

i think that he's trying to tell jesse that he is not going to allow mike to get too out of pocket.

i thought he meant mike is gonna need to get cut..... a la victor

i thought he meant mike is gonna need to get cut..... a la victor
Remember, there really is no more "Walt."  This is Heisenberg. 

My interpretation is that Walt was sending a clear message to Jesse.  As much as Walt/Mike are butting heads and are having a power struggle, both of them need each other.  If anyone out of the trio is replacable, it's Jesse. 

Two things:

1)  The heart to heart that Walt/Jesse had that obviously meant nothing.

2)  Jesse trying to talk about his breakup w. Andrea and Walt wasn't interested in hearing about it (this was as they were leaving the shop). 

Combine those two things and the mention of Victor getting his throat slashed, I think things are becoming very clear to Jesse.  Mr. White/Walt is no more.  The man patting him on the back when he was shwoing remorse for almost killing him really doesn't care.  He's become Heisnberg.  He has no regard for his own family, Jesse, Brock, etc.  He's all about himself.  I can see some parallels with Scarface in how Walt wants to run his "empire." 

It's crazy seeing this transformation.  I'm just curious as to how the rest of the 1/2 season is going to play out. 

*edit*

I now see more of a Walt/Jesse showdown more so than a Walt/Mike showdown

Last edited:
the more i see skylar smoking (and how big of an issue it was this episode).. i'm starting to think that's how the ricin cigarette comes back into play

Still haven't rewatched the episode but was going through Reddit and apparently while Walt and Marie were talking, the clock in the background is ticking loudly throughout their conversation...

"You're a time bomb, tick tick ticking away."

Finally completely caught up to this show. :pimp:

Jesse becoming more likeable and Walt becoming less likeable. :nerd: :smh:

I don't even know what to expect for the ending of this.

the more i see skylar smoking (and how big of an issue it was this episode).. i'm starting to think that's how the ricin cigarette comes back into play

But Walt took the ricin out and hit it behind the light socket cover...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom