Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

been on a binge with this breaking bad-athon. i've picked up things i missed watching them a 2nd time.

the crawlspace scene is one of the greatest scenes in tv history.

gus's character is one of the greatest in tv history.

walt is a g.

badger and skinny pete were great characters.

skyler is a bish.

Re-watching Ozymandias with a smile on my face and one way I think Walt could've saved Hank is if he concocted a lie saying that Hank as a DEA agent was in his pocket the whole time, that he's dirty, taking a few things from the fake confession about him being the brains behind everything sort of but changing it a bit and saying they were having a personal or business dispute about money and he'd handle it. That he thought he called Jack for Jesse but Hank had managed to get to him first and that's why he told him to go back cuz he was gonna just talk his way out of it.

Anybody see any holes in that? :nerd: I don't think Jack would be so gung ho to kill a dirty DEA agent since Walt could've added on that if Hank dies other dirty agents would trace it back to him. Could've just excused Gomey away by saying he was a Victor level henchmen.

Of course Walt's lying skills would've had to be Benjamin Linus level to pull it off.

Last edited:
Re-watching Ozymandias with a smile on my face and one way I think Walt could've saved Hank is if he concocted a lie saying that Hank as a DEA agent was in his pocket the whole time, that he's dirty, taking a few things from the fake confession about him being the brains behind everything and saying they were having a personal or business dispute about money and he'd handle it. That he thought he called Jack for Jesse but Hank had managed to get to him first and that's why he told him to go back cuz he was gonna just talk his way out of it.

Anybody see any holes in that? :nerd: I don't think Jack would be so gung ho to kill a dirty DEA agent since Walt could've added on that if Hank dies other dirty agents would trace it back to him. Could've just excused Gomey away by saying he was a Victor level henchmen.

Of course Walt's lying skills would've had to be Benjamin Linus level to pull it off.

Naw, Hank had to die.. Walt had family killed... and turned Jesse in... That was the second transformation into Heisenberg was complete...

Re-watching Ozymandias with a smile on my face and one way I think Walt could've saved Hank is if he concocted a lie saying that Hank as a DEA agent was in his pocket the whole time, that he's dirty, taking a few things from the fake confession about him being the brains behind everything and saying they were having a personal or business dispute about money and he'd handle it. That he thought he called Jack for Jesse but Hank had managed to get to him first and that's why he told him to go back cuz he was gonna just talk his way out of it.

Naw, Hank had to die.. Walt had family killed... and turned Jesse in... That was the second transformation into Heisenberg was complete...
I'm not talking about any of that at all.

Of course Hank had to die for story reasons. That's not what my post addresses. If anything it focuses on the Walt that retired, that tried to stop being Heisenberg for the sake of his family. The Walt that thinks his lies are convincing or will stand up for a long time before they're shattered.

All I'm talking about is a way that Walt could've actually managed to manipulate Jack in to not killing Hank. You really didn't address any of that.

Last edited:
Walt Jr. with the best acting ever :rofl:
Hank wouldn't have let Walt save him.

No way.
Yeah, that's the only hitch I see, especially seeing how damn defiant he was just now before Walt really got in to bargaining.

Guess for him at the end of the day he was not willing to compromise his principles and be saved by the guy that played him for a fool for so long. If he can't win, he aint gonna let his opponent save him too.

Bryan Cranston everyone

Re-watching Ozymandias with a smile on my face and one way I think Walt could've saved Hank is if he concocted a lie saying that Hank as a DEA agent was in his pocket the whole time, that he's dirty, taking a few things from the fake confession about him being the brains behind everything sort of but changing it a bit and saying they were having a personal or business dispute about money and he'd handle it. That he thought he called Jack for Jesse but Hank had managed to get to him first and that's why he told him to go back cuz he was gonna just talk his way out of it.

Anybody see any holes in that?
nerd.gif
I don't think Jack would be so gung ho to kill a dirty DEA agent since Walt could've added on that if Hank dies other dirty agents would trace it back to him. Could've just excused Gomey away by saying he was a Victor level henchmen.

i don't think his lying would of got him out of that jam in that situation. that situation makes your mind run a million miles a minute. too much going on to even put a good lie into play.

the flashback to season one when walt calls sky and tells her that she will be late

a pregnant sky picks up the phone in the background as the camera shows a close up of the set of knives used later in the ep 
eek.gif

Hank had too much foolish pride to go along with a lie like that. Dude was all about honor. Basically a soldier in the battlefield. Dude was not going out like a coward and I respect him for that.

It's funny how cranston could portray Walter telling a bad lie, such as the alarm sounding like the ring tone and the story about being covered in gas.

I'm not sure which is more amazing, athletic ability, musical talent or superb acting, all are amazing art forms.

Last edited:
im assuming you guys are on the east coast lol. watching ozymandias on the west coast. todd is probably the scariest guy on this show. to me he puts more fear than gus. the dude shows hardly any emotion and talks about some intense things as if he was talking about where to eat. the true definitions of a wildcard. he can go from tea with lydia to doing dirty work without even flipping a switch.

im about as west coast as it gets and im finishing up on the final episode now

maybe canada just gets east coast AMC 
ohwell.gif

im about as west coast as it gets and im finishing up on the final episode now

maybe canada just gets east coast AMC 
ohwell.gif
i think they do. i still have 2 episodes to go and its 12:40 in the morning.
The best, simplest breakdown of Todd was from the AV Club
Todd is Jesse with no loyalty, Gale with no aesthetics, Mike with no code. He’s a tool who’s perfectly content with having no other identity than how others might want to use him.
http://www.avclub.com/review/breaking-bad-tohajiilee-102110
but if he is a tool with having no other identity than how others might want to use him, doesn't that make him loyal to some extent?

I don't believe so. I interpret AV's assessment of Todd as kind of like a job. If a improved, high paying job were to present itself, I'm sure your "loyalty" would be compromised and you would choose the better. Specifically, Todd conferred with Uncle Jack to spare Walt and leave some remnants of the money. There may be some kind of loyalty there, but when Walt returned and Todd lead him back to their house, Todd stated that he shouldn't have came back, hence his loyalty remained with his Uncle of course. Also, I wouldn't put past Todd compromising his relationship with his Uncle if it meant guaranteed courtship with Lydia. After all, dude made sure to check the dressing better thread and made it a precedence to wear slacks and button down shirt. :lol:

tumblr_mtktmjXsb01r8dxhoo2_r1_400.gif

Todd was like a well mannered country boy, it's insane the type of dirt he did. Almost like he didn't know killing someone was permanent, like they were gonna wake up in a few minutes.

I just took Todd as any other run of the mill sociopath passing in society. What made him such a compelling villain was what he did and how he talked. Add that with his unassuming nature and you get what we got.

He definitely had his own motives and desires though. He clearly seemed eager to fit in and be accepted while appearing as just a dumb *** that wanted to be down which hid a more ruthless personality.

Every now and then I would just randomly yell out in Coach Taylor's voice "Lance! Somebody get me Lance!" whenever I saw Todd on screen.

Back
Top Bottom