Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Damn that sucks, 6 or 7? :smh:
That is true didn't think about that. I guess I'm still team Walt and didn't realise.

Now that I'm reading about it, I'm wrong about him wanting more than 5 seasons. It turns out that Gilligan only wanted 5 seasons from the getgo. AMC wanted to cut costs and have about 6 - 8 episodes for season 5. I guess they compromised and this is why we got the split.

Last edited:
I hated Jane.
So glad she died ans Walt let her.
Junkie ****

I really would've liked to see more of Marie grieving.

Probably no chance of that with only one episode left :\

The point is, there's no guarantee the quality would remain as high over the course of 2 more full seasons. I'd rather it feel a little rushed than get weaker/filler episodes. The fact is, even the best shows tend to stay on the air too long resulting in a slight dip in quality. Breaking Bad has avoided that and I'm glad in a way. A compromise would have been just getting two full seasons with 5 and 6, rather than splitting up 5 into 2 smaller seasons.
Exactly, it’s ending at the right time and on a high note. I’ve never watched a more thrilling TV series. I’m sad that it’s almost over but it’s only the beginning for the show’s legacy. To me, it’s an appropriate finale away from being the greatest TV series of all-time but that’s only my opinion and I’m sure there are a ton of folks who agree or disagree. Nonetheless, combine the acting, the writing and the cinematography, it’s undeniably a quality TV series that should be talked about for many years to come.

There's a difference between drawing out a show, compared to continuing it. The logical thing to do would have been to make it 7 seasons. While I am enjoying season 5, his downfall has been rushed, and you can easily tell that there was more story to be told instead of condensing it how it is. Again, I'm enjoying the hell out of it as it is now.

It's been 7 episodes of downfall. Each episode has been masterful. I can't make much of a case for more seasons. Now is the perfect time to wrap it up.

Shows (to me) that ended perfectly, and at the RIGHT time:

The Shield
The Wire

and I'm sure Breaking Bad will be in there as well.

Dudes asking for 7 seasons are wildin' man, five seasons of 45 minute-hour long episodes, depending on how/where you watch is a ton of TV. I honestly couldn't ask for more out of this show, the fact that certain points of the show aren't strung out is what makes this show great IMO, Just Enjoy This Sh** :pimp:

I'm probably in the minority here but I really don't want Jesse to die. I mean, he's wrong for snitching on Walt and working with the DEA, for sure. But at the same time, think about what triggered it. The final straw was the discovery that Walt had been lying to him about Brock, and that Walt poisoned him. Walt involving kids in his schemes is reminiscent of Gus, and Jesse has a soft spot for kids. Whether it was that Tomas kid that killed Combo or those junkie's redhead kid or the kid Todd shot, or Brock. Dude likes kids and there isn't anything wrong with that. So I kinda get him, like Walt has been playing him this whole time, and while I feel that they both cared about each other at one point, I don't think there's any going back to that now that Hank is dead, arguably because of Jesse. Sure, he was a no-good junkie himself at one point, but his growth as a person is comparable to Walt's transformation to Heisenberg. If anything, at the beginning, Walt was good and Jesse was bad, now Jesse is good and Walt is bad (if you wanna think of it as black and white). I'm a big fan of Walt and I'm rolling with Team Heisenberg. I want dude to get his money back, avenge Hank by killing the Aryans, and I want his original goal of making sure his family will be fine after he's gone to be accomplished (don't know how that's possible now though, especially with Walt Jr.'s attitude towards the whole situation).

And like I said, I will be sincerely sad if Jesse dies. Dude was a drug addict and came up by cookin meth, found a girl he cared about and got her back into drugs, she ODed because of it, Walt let her die, then dude finds another girl only to find out she used to use too, cares about her and her kid, only to find out that Walt poisoned the kid and let him think that it was his fault for a while, and then watches her get shot in the head on her porch. Now, he's enslaved by some psychopath to keep cooking - the thing that started his entire series of events. How can you guys not feel bad for him?

Sidenote: what was the significance of the two black birds Jesse looks up at before he was about to be shot by the Aryans? And has anyone else noticed that there are times (in the last few episodes) that Walt is wearing the watch that Jesse gave him?

If this doesn't get you pumped I don't know what will! Can't wait for this dude to finish it after this weekend.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

This **** got me ready to cry now

Dudes asking for 7 seasons are wildin' man, five seasons of 45 minute-hour long episodes, depending on how/where you watch is a ton of TV. I honestly couldn't ask for more out of this show, the fact that certain points of the show aren't strung out is what makes this show great IMO, Just Enjoy This Sh** :pimp:

completely agree, 7 seasons is overkill for any hour long show

Last edited:
I feel like doin something to commemorate this event man. If it wasn't for the permanent mind altering, Ide prolly try some meth or something... I guess pixie stick will have to do

Anybody here start watching live from the first season? My boy is the only one I know who watched from the first episode...he put me on during season 2

I started watching since season four thanks to PLAN's thread about the season three finale. :lol:

I'm very grateful I clicked that thread.

Last edited:
Shows (to me) that ended perfectly, and at the RIGHT time:

The Shield
The Wire

and I'm sure Breaking Bad will be in there as well.

It's worth pointing out that the last season for The Wire was overwhelming (for me, at least) but the finale itself was solid.

I started to watch during the 3rd season. Blazed through the first two seasons and watched the rest of the third season live.

Now that I'm reading about it, I'm wrong about him wanting more than 5 seasons. It turns out that Gilligan only wanted 5 seasons from the getgo. AMC wanted to cut costs and have about 6 - 8 episodes for season 5. I guess they compromised and this is why we got the split.

thanks for clearing that up

Anybody here start watching live from the first season? My boy is the only one I know who watched from the first episode...he put me on during season 2

I caught it after season 1 but before s2 started. I think AMC was re-running season 1 before the start of s2. I thought the concept was stupid, but it still peaked my interest. So glad I did. I put a lot of friends on but nobody was hearing it. They couldn't get passed Hal being on a serious show :smh:. They believe now though.

I started watching this show at the start of season 2. I was watching one of Godfather marathons and saw the commercial for it and I figured I would see what it was about. I'm glad I did. I'm gonna miss this damn show. :frown: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom