Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

Quality has been good over the past few years??? They used a “gimmick” remastered program and jacked the prices through the roof ($115 up to $190 for some models) and went right back to old materials. People still would search multiple pairs in store to make a semi decent pair. I still but what I like regardless but it’s not worth inspecting because quality will be crap.

Yeah everybody being so satisfied is news to me?

I blame all of the little children that keep saying "Jordan Brand is dead", "Making too many pairs", and other statements like that. You have limited back and now you will have horrible materials and variations back. They messed it up for those who truly wanted the shoes and now we must suffer. I want to send a very special "thank you" to all the children who participated in making this happen because you want to feel "special" and make money. No wonder why the world is going in reverse instead of forward, you promote buffoonery and negatively.

While quality hasn’t been what should be expected of a $200+ sneaker it has gotten leaps and bounds better no denying that. Look at the most recent 3’s, 2011 midsoles cracked before you could get em out the store and break em out the box good. My 2016 TB’s have yet to crack after heavy wear

Just a couple days ago someone I know bought a DS pair of 2012 Fire red 4's. He told me they cracked on him on his FIRST wear and asked me is this normal lol

Then told me he wore his Motorsport 4's numerous times and they still haven't cracked yet

To summarize whats about to take place when 2019 hits = were not going to get a proper retro with the quality of today on the next Black/infrared retro 6,White/black/red 3M retro 5 with NA on the back. There going to jerk us in a smart way when he's settled inside of Nike/JB for about a year or 2. There going to pump out retro,s with Nike Air,but the quality will be of from the 03-12 years.

Imagine midsole cracking with stiff low quality hard plastic pleather with Nike Air branding on them. There defenately going to start cutting corners on the quality after a year or 2 from now in some type of way. Most of us in the know will most likely only buy retros from 13- beginning of 19. Most like myself will be more selective in the future. Yall better enjoy the quality that were getting on the 1,s.

It's about to be night and day as far as the quality is concerned in a couple of years. It was good while it lasted. I was never a fan of buying resell. But since Gentry is back in office. It's a good thing that resell even exist nowadays to buy the 13-19 retro,s. The money i lost through 03-11 is unforgivable. I dont understand how this man got a second chance inside of Jordan Brand after what he did. This is like interscope hiring Suge Knight as a Music Executive after he gets out of jail.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to bring him back needs to be fired along with Gentry. Anybody friends with him at JB needs to be fired. JB in the last 5 years gradually recovered from the damage he did to the quality of the brand. It was good while it lasted. The first retro i see crumble/paint chip im gone until he leaves or gets fired. I dont care if the CW is good with NA on it. Quality means everything now.

To your points, giving Gentry this position again is the greatest gift Nike/JB ever gave Adidas. The funny thing is JB REALLY needed a fresh face to head the brand in a new direction for the ‘20s and beyond but instead they bring back the guy who was completely out of touch with the marketplace in the mid-late 2000s and kept popular product from being released (NA retros and OG 1s) because of his own selfish intents.

I’m honestly trying to understand why Nike/JB thinks this move is a good idea at all, it legitimately baffles me.

The funny thing is JB REALLY needed a fresh face to head the brand in a new direction for the ‘20s and beyond but instead they bring back the guy who was completely out of touch with the marketplace in the mid-late 2000s and kept popular product from being released (NA retros and OG 1s) because of his own selfish intents.

Exactly. They needed someone fresh, moving forward, not behind with this clown. I expect to buy less now.

rsMKPcP.gif

Damn... I didn't remember it being this bad.

This was one of the only years where I bought no Jordans. I don't like a single release on this list. EVERY shoe had some kind of weird deal break change from the IG

While quality hasn’t been what should be expected of a $200+ sneaker it has gotten leaps and bounds better no denying that. Look at the most recent 3’s, 2011 midsoles cracked before you could get em out the store and break em out the box good. My 2016 TB’s have yet to crack after heavy wear
Lol yeah man some of my Jordans looked terrible after a couple of wears that came out from 2010-2014. It was really hit or miss. My fire red 3’s, olympic 7’s, baron 9’s, were beat. My bred 13’s , wolf grey 5’s and olympic 6’s are still going strong. Good quality.

Forgot how bad this year was :sick:
Barely any retros dropped and my mother wasn't buying no packages :lol:
Only Jordan I got that year was the Taxi Fusion 12s, I was 14 years old and was fiending for the OGs :lol:
I was 15 at the time and had started working under the table that March, I was the only sophmore with a job. So I was finally able to afford sneakers for myself, but I had no clue about the trash quality. :lol: The 6/17 CDP were the first pair of J's I ever bought for myself. I cherished those Carmine's so much, took care of them like they were my son.

Only got 1 pack 3/20 and them 3s didn't last very long
I bought this pack like 4 months after release cause they we're sitting on the FNL website. The 3s ended up yellowing fast in the front :smh:

Well, if it goes south again, Ive stocked up on my favorite Nike Air releases to get me by until he leaves again.

His reasoning for not bringing Nike Air back was probably the most ignorant and dumbest response when it comes to shoes. For me, even as a collector, I want to wear my shoes, so having something again with Nike Air would be ideal for me.

He used to get interviewed by Sole~Collector regularly from what I remember...Very fond of showing off unreleased samples and 1 of 1’s he had...

He held what everybody was clamoring for (Colorways and Nike Air branding) so he could floss those features on his personal pairs...

Don’t get it twisted...He wasn’t preserving anything for OG collectors, he was just stroking his own ego...

Back
Top Bottom