Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

100% spot on. Highly plausible that Gentry is comfortable earning lower than his counterparts in exchange for some garbage 1 of 1 retros for himself and he's also got no skeletons in his closet in lieu of the latest #metoo movement that took down some top Nike executives.

What if this is a plot created by the women, think about it with Gentry back he will make Jordans worse and release terrible models. That way we will stop purchasing Jordans and spend more money on them.

:rofl:

nah i just think he got recordings of mj blowing a collegiate rugby team in his possession that why he still got a job

Wow, what a potential disaster! Thankfully, I have almost every Jordan I've ever wanted at this point and was able to easily acquire multiple pairs of some of them in recent years, (Space Jams, Aqua VIII's, Carmine VI's, all III's, French XII's, Bred 1's, legend blue's, FLU game XII, Cement IV's etc.) However, if quality is going to decline like it did under his watch as well as an unnecessary level of scarcity for the retro's, i'll gladly stop collecting and wait out another crappy era of Jordan brand until they realize that their strategy failed once again. I think the important thing for Jordan heads is to NEVER truly let them get you by the balls. If you're feigning for every release just because that's when they know they can manipulate you into whatever product they're releasing. It's OK to love Jordan's like we all do, but having the awareness when you're getting played is important.

As far as him citing the exclusion of the "Nike Air" as a way to honor collectors that had the foresight to collect them early in the game. Are you F'n serious? This dude does realize this these shoes were first intended to be used to play basketball and second to be worn off the court right? He's promoting the gross culture where idiots horde shoes in their closets only to be never worn and then a decade later when they do where them they crumble and crack. Isn't the best look for Jordan brand to have people out in the streets wearing their gear while enjoying life and not worrying about how "limited" their shoes are? This guy better have learned from his many mistakes or the brand could enter a dark period.

Wow, what a potential disaster! Thankfully, I have almost every Jordan I've ever wanted at this point and was able to easily acquire multiple pairs of some of them in recent years, (Space Jams, Aqua VIII's, Carmine VI's, all III's, French XII's, Bred 1's, legend blue's, FLU game XII, Cement IV's etc.) However, if quality is going to decline like it did under his watch as well as an unnecessary level of scarcity for the retro's, i'll gladly stop collecting and wait out another crappy era of Jordan brand until they realize that their strategy failed once again. I think the important thing for Jordan heads is to NEVER truly let them get you by the balls. If you're feigning for every release just because that's when they know they can manipulate you into whatever product they're releasing. It's OK to love Jordan's like we all do, but having the awareness when you're getting played is important.

As far as him citing the exclusion of the "Nike Air" as a way to honor collectors that had the foresight to collect them early in the game. Are you F'n serious? This dude does realize this these shoes were first intended to be used to play basketball and second to be worn off the court right? He's promoting the gross culture where idiots horde shoes in their closets only to be never worn and then a decade later when they do where them they crumble and crack. Isn't the best look for Jordan brand to have people out in the streets wearing their gear while enjoying life and not worrying about how "limited" their shoes are? This guy better have learned from his many mistakes or the brand could enter a dark period.

He moved units so his strategy did not fail. He was hated by collectors and purists because of him 'catering' to a small group of collectors that still had the originals but I believe it was just a marketing ploy to draw customers into this feeling of elite status once Nike Air returned. People need to realize that Jordan Brand (Nike) is a business and is primarily in it to generate revenue not create shoes for the 'love of the shoes'. Creating hype and allowing consumers to create it as well is a brilliant way of keeping a brand in the mainstream and relevant in the long-term. As much as I may dislike their business model, I understand it.

He moved units so his strategy did not fail. He was hated by collectors and purists because of him 'catering' to a small group of collectors that still had the originals but I believe it was just a marketing ploy to draw customers into this feeling of elite status once Nike Air returned. People need to realize that Jordan Brand (Nike) is a business and is primarily in it to generate revenue not create shoes for the 'love of the shoes'. Creating hype and allowing consumers to create it as well is a brilliant way of keeping a brand in the mainstream and relevant in the long-term. As much as I may dislike their business model, I understand it.

When he was at the helm Adidas wasn't the major player it is today. Jordan brand had such a monopoly when he was there and they basically just jerked off in everyone's face with inferior product. Consumers are smarter and as savvy as ever and hopefully wont't tolerate some of the ridiculous B.S. that J.B. was pulling for years. For example, now everyone knows that the "Nike Air" branding should have ALWAYS been included in the retro's and now the retro's that don't have it look like cheap knock off's. The problem with him is rooted in his track record of just straight up having bad taste. Jordan brand needs to get the old heads out and continue to innovate with the minds from the next generation.

Gentry isn't gonna make the impact so many in here believe. New game here now. He is not that big of a deal. Everyone acts like its all done now for JB, its not. He is a scrub, period.. But its not like he gonna stop what Nike already has planned. We are all gonna eat the retros we want.

Gentry isn't gonna make the impact so many in here believe. New game here now. He is not that big of a deal. Everyone acts like its all done now for JB, its not. He is a scrub, period.. But its not like he gonna stop what Nike already has planned. We are all gonna eat the retros we want.

He HATES NA retros though, this is arguably the biggest thing besides the quality issue. It’s almost a guarantee that we’re going to see less NA retros with his return.

You’re brave for admitting on NT that you wear and own Dub Zeros and Fusions.

lol word

Bday/Christmas gifts, younger days, moms bought me Fusion Taxi 12's and got Navy Dub zeros for xmas

Bought myself the OG Dub zeros off ebay but found out they were fake so I trashed them

I hate Gentry just as much as any one of you do, but i feel one of the reasons they brought him back is because his vision of the company is going to cater to the younger audience and phase out the old. Let's face it, the people who grew up watching MJ play are now middle aged with families of their own. Our priorities have changed over the years and we are more selective in what we spend our money on. The youth are the ones spending big money on shoes and will buy on a consistent basis since a lot of them dont have any real priorities.

I see Gentry making a lot of fusions and retros that follow today's trends in fashion. So instead of colorways looking loud like they did back in the mid to late 00s, hes probably going to use a lot more earth tones and make new colorways drastically toned down (and in a sense, boring).

You’re brave for admitting on NT that you wear and own Dub Zeros and Fusions.
I only bought one pair of Fusions and I really thought I was doing it :smh:

If only I could go back in time and slap myself
1480720084227115421335202_l.jpg

Only had 1 pair of fusion type shoes.

Was the white/midnight navy dub zero's..

The only dub zero I really wanted was the Black/Taupe colorway

Air-Jordan-Dub-Zero-Black-Black-Taupe-AJ1757-01.png

clients%2Fauctionproscahem%2Fphoto_sets%2F8566%2FDSC_0103.JPG

I know many will disagree, but I actually like the Son of Mars Low. I think the design flows well, and would have been a huge success had it been the original Jordan 4 instead of what we got. The 4 is my favorite model, so don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have it the way it is. I'm just saying that this fusion looks nice and looks like a natural progression of the 3. I also like the Spizikes but could never bring myself to buy a pair.

He HATES NA retros though, this is arguably the biggest thing besides the quality issue. It’s almost a guarantee that we’re going to see less NA retros with his return.
Probably right. But I was expecting less NA retros before the news of him coming back. Maybe he was in their plans longer before we knew.

Back
Top Bottom