Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

He used to get interviewed by Sole~Collector regularly from what I remember...Very fond of showing off unreleased samples and 1 of 1’s he had...

He held what everybody was clamoring for (Colorways and Nike Air branding) so he could floss those features on his personal pairs...

Don’t get it twisted...He wasn’t preserving anything for OG collectors, he was just stroking his own ego...
Just look at him a straight clown he look like the dude u picked on in high school
97023045.jpg
97023045.jpg

JB sales were booming though, I had a couple fusions and dub zeros

Dark era for retros and quality yeah but they are a business

Thats why they brought him back lol
Their sales were not nearly as nice as post Gentry sales

I swear, if this Minister *** looking bastard puts nubuck, on the already butchered 4 model, when they release the Black Cement's next year, I ******* swear done with JB.

Real f'n talk...

If that happens, we should all riot.

Large companies tend to force positions for long-tenured employees that provide more perceived value than actual value. Not saying the Gentry is absolutely useless, but don't for one second think Nike is exempt from the mismanagement that plagues all of Corporate America.

Trash Team Jordan's have always been around before and after Gentry.

Large companies tend to force positions for long-tenured employees that provide more perceived value than actual value. Not saying the Gentry is absolutely useless, but don't for one second think Nike is exempt from the mismanagement that plagues all of Corporate America.

100% spot on. Highly plausible that Gentry is comfortable earning lower than his counterparts in exchange for some garbage 1 of 1 retros for himself and he's also got no skeletons in his closet in lieu of the latest #metoo movement that took down some top Nike executives.

Trash Team Jordan's have always been around before and after Gentry.

True but the worst of the worst (including countless hideous AF 1 Fusion cws) came under his watch.

I will say, 2008 really tested the strength of Jordan Brand but I’m not sure if it can survive another era like that again since there are a lot more options for sneakerheads nowadays. I think people will move on from Jordan Brand if they lose focus on selling retros (I can’t see this happening, realistically though). On a related note, I also can’t think of a single rapper that was selling shoes back then (only the S. Dot and Hurricane Game models come to mind), now it seems like most popular rappers have a shoe deal to hype up the respective brands.

Back
Top Bottom