Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

Why did you think we where going to get less Nike Air on Jordans for? There's not a legit reason why someone would think that before this Gentry move. We're getting NA in abundance on the 1,s. We're also getting it periodically on 2,s,3,s,4,s,5,s,future Black/infrared or White/infrared 6,s that haven't gotten a proper remastered release yet,and 11,s. Stop making excuses like the NA branding was going to stop even if Gentry wasn't re-hired.

It might've slowed down a little, but i doubt that it wouldve completely stopped 100%. We know for a fact now that there's going to be changes like NA being put in the vault. Or cheap quality masked with NA branding just to hustle people. Something for the worse is going to change because of him being placed back in his old position. I highly doubt he cares about how the people who grew up on a quality brand the first go around feels.

I give him and Jordan Brand until the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020 until they start changing for the worse like they did in mid 2000,s. Well see it first hand on here when most people on here start complaining about a particular release having paint chipping or horrible pleather,or the suede they love to use instead of Durabuck,despite having Nike Air on the shoe. Trust and believe well all know when to jump ship when his sabotaging ideas come in frutation just make more money for the company.

We already know what hes about. The only solid releases on his watch in my opinion was DMP 11,s,6,s and the retro 5 Black/Metallic with the 23 on the side. Those releases where solid compared to everything else they released on his watch. All of the love we're getting with 1,s and 3,s and 4,s and 5,s are going to stop eventually. I won't be surprised if we get the Black/Infrared in suede and White/infrared 6 with the boot toe with NA in a pack in limited numbers just to troll on historical levels.

We might be getting Black/Cement 4,s with Nike Air but with suede material. Gentry is the master troll of the shoe industry.

O yea i forgot with paint chipping. But most people on here will post comments like they use to do years ago. Saying,well atleast they put Nike Air on them and released them again, they didn't have to do that,this is a blessing,even though the quality is horrible.

In a way there very smart as company. This is how they swindled everybody from 2002-2012. Most consumers where hooked on the brand from what they provided from the 80,s and 90,s. Consumers where so loyal to the point that they bought the trash they delivered after that time period. They finessed heavy with that move. I think they're going to repeat that same business model. Pump out good solid quality Nike Air retros until 2020/2021 to make people think Gentry,s thought process has changed. Then out of the blue we're going to get hit from the blindside once again lol.

People are going to reminisce about these years like we did about the first releases of the OG,s when it comes to quality. It's not the best,but it's waaaaaay better than what we've received not to long ago. I won't put the blame all on Gentry. I seen a interview with there design team talking about there conversations with Jordan himself about the remastered fase coming in. They all agreed to up the quality a tad bit from what they where giving us. So they knew we where getting tired of the BS.

Technically, the writing has long been on the wall. My wife, myself and a few others thought that the BC 3 were going to be mass produced, and everyone would definitely eat on 2/17, and we all know how that transpired. A litany of people got dissed and had to turn to ebay for their pairs. Thankl God I was able to score mine for $40 over retail, but still, the days of lesser numbers were definitely looming. Nike/JB is a business, first and foremost, so I understand that they don't like to hear about shoes sitting on shelves at your local FL, FTL, CS, or Kicks USA, days, weeks, or even months after RD. And contrite to popular belief, the TB 3, amd metallic 5 sat for months, and theres still a few spots that have scraps by me. So,if it means producing in lesser numbers, then their mentality is "so be it." Besides, to them, seeing a shoe reselling for less than retail on ebay is a red flag for them. Seeing what should be an easy to obtain GR going for $500= on ebay is what they clamor. It's not a popular decision, but at the end of the day, they're going to do what's "best for business."

And caring about the long-term customers concerns isn't on the hierarchy of concerns.

I wouldn't buy..

I see that Nike is doing the same with the Air Force 1.

For some reason I don't think this particular release is because of Gentry

That's not his doing, his first official day was Monday. Also Jordan Brand is well aware of this thread and read all of your comments about Gentry and his first regime. Everything is subject to change but as of now things for the rest of this year and early next year are still set to release as planned from what I know from a few people that work for Jordan Brand.

I wouldn't buy..
I see that Nike is doing the same with the Air Force 1.

For some reason I don't think this particular release is because of Gentry

That's not his doing, his first official day was Monday. Also Jordan Brand is well aware of this thread and read all of your comments about Gentry and his first regime. Everything is subject to change but as of now things for the rest of this year and early next year are still set to release as planned from what I know from a few people that work for Jordan Brand.

These been out (original colorways were all white)

Still horrendous though!

Okay fine. Whoever green lighted these, needs they're *** whooped severely.

:lol:

Really?!

Since thats the case

Release These!

rcurshpq2daqo2tud9sh.jpg

(Do a pack with different colors to get alot of cash)

jordan-V-wedding-white-black-gold-1.jpg

Both the V and 14's in the back

anthony-hamilton-air-jordan-1-brown-gum-pe-1.jpg

And these beauties, thanks JB

Tell them we need 5s and 6s with Nike Air and to keep using the original boxes for shoe 1-14. Also Jordan 17s should have a briefcase.

I've been silent on this thread until now, but I think the reason JB brought back Gentry is that he found a way for JB to maximize JB's profit margin by using inferior materials, and still manage to sell a ton of units. NIKE/JB is a business and at the end of the day, for a company like Nike/JB is really just in it for the profit. I've watched that video numerous times, with him saying it's to protect the OG collectors (he knows that's a damn lie)... and honestly he looks like a dear in the headlights when answering that question. I mean it's not like he could just flat out say we make more money this way, so that was his cop out. Don't get wrong Gentry is just bad for us as consumers, but I bet Nike/JB love him because he turns a huge profit margin for them, by skimping out on inferior products/materials and cutting corners. All of his fusions and hybrids don't even phase me because you couldn't give them to me, it's his lack of quality and whack CW's that scares me, and I'm pretty sure he'll be back to his old ways come next year. I doubt he does away with the NA branding, because they've been such a hit since he's been gone. It wouldn't surprise me though if the retro OG'S prices skyrocket though so he can turn an even higher profit margin just because they have NA or dubbed OG's

I've been silent on this thread until now, but I think the reason JB brought back Gentry is that he found a way for JB to maximize JB's profit margin by using inferior materials, and still manage to sell a ton of units. NIKE/JB is a business and at the end of the day, for a company like Nike/JB is really just in it for the profit. I've watched that video numerous times, with him saying it's to protect the OG collectors (he knows that's a damn lie)... and honestly he looks like a dear in the headlights when answering that question. I mean it's not like he could just flat out say we make more money this way, so that was his cop out. Don't get wrong Gentry is just bad for us as consumers, but I bet Nike/JB love him because he turns a huge profit margin for them, by skimping out on inferior products/materials and cutting corners. All of his fusions and hybrids don't even phase me because you couldn't give them to me, it's his lack of quality and whack CW's that scares me, and I'm pretty sure he'll be back to his old ways come next year. I doubt he does away with the NA branding, because they've been such a hit since he's been gone. It wouldn't surprise me though if the retro OG'S prices skyrocket though so he can turn an even higher profit margin just because they have NA or dubbed OG's

Part of me believes that them going back to inferior materials will hurt them because of some of the populace have been spoiled with the leather we have received recently.

Well if 3s start peeling I'm out

Word. I've bought a ridiculous amount of kicks in the past 4 years (after graduating college and getting my first salary job)
I can afford to stop buying Jordans if things go back to how it was before, all my grails have basically dropped.

Part of me believes that them going back to inferior materials will hurt them because of some of the populace have been spoiled with the leather we have received recently.

It definitely will, but we're not the only ones buying Jordan's. I have no number to back this up, but most Jordan buyers really wont care they just want the new J's to rock with their fits. They probably don't even know the difference...Only us true sneakerheads will be affected:rolleyes

My concern is that Nike is reasoning that their Jordan Brands loss in market share to Adidas is somehow due to their “remaster” initiative and subsequent price hikes...When in reality it’s due in large part to changing consumer tastes...

I hope they didn’t hop back on the Gentry train thinking revisiting his first tenure will recreate the perceived success they had at the time...

In fact I’d argue that the remaster program actually helped the brand stay as close to Adidas as it has until this point...

My concern is that Nike is reasoning that their Jordan Brands loss in market share to Adidas is somehow due to their “remaster” initiative and subsequent price hikes...When in reality it’s due in large part to changing consumer tastes...

I hope they didn’t hop back on the Gentry train thinking revisiting his first tenure will recreate the perceived success they had at the time...

In fact I’d argue that the remaster program actually helped the brand stay as close to Adidas as it has until this point...
It was the crap colorways they were dropping when they drop large quantities of certain og cw they sell out few examples space jam 11s bc3

Really?!

Since thats the case

Release These!

rcurshpq2daqo2tud9sh.jpg

(Do a pack with different colors to get alot of cash)

jordan-V-wedding-white-black-gold-1.jpg

Both the V and 14's in the back

anthony-hamilton-air-jordan-1-brown-gum-pe-1.jpg

And these beauties, thanks JB

Be careful what you wish for...They’d probably drop those with the worst plastic leather, and crap quality they’ve ever used...Then play it off that they’re doing fans a favor by allowing people the chance to buy them...

Back
Top Bottom