Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

1531DE69-BDA9-49D3-BB0F-BBCBCD651A84.jpeg

It’s already starting . These were a Gentry creation
ADAA1E1F-0F75-44AA-B978-7D106E30FE7A.jpeg

i dont think Gentry will be able to get away with what he did last time, esp with Adidas now, But we will see, if they butcher the 4's welp.

nike is a smart company, im sure things will be different this time around, when gentry first took over back in the day sneaker heads were not as abundant as they are now. the shoe game is way different than back in 06. nike knows what people want. and after all Gentry gave us the DMPs which is still one of the most sought after releases of the retro shoes.

Hi NT....

Super long time member here & former employee Of Brand Jordan & Blast Radius, back over 10 years ago....

Just came here to tell you that most of you are feeling what we are feeling..

"G" was one of the biggest mistakes Brand Jordan ever made. His Vision, His Thought Process & even worst his Decision Making Abilities is what made JB sink for a while & put out poor products.

During the "G" era, we saw cheap quality products be manufactured & the refusal of Nike Air on anything.....His intentions was to save the integrity of the original product & protect collectors who saved OG from back in the days.

But instead all we saw were products that nobody wanted

This was a "knee jerk" reaction due to Adidas sales & some other back door stuff I am not allowed to share ( Fired/Resignations etc)

Hell even I have an opportunity to return back to them, but for now refuse.

Lets hope for the best, but you can expect certain models to be "vaulted" like Disney does their movies for 2019 & lets pray the return of "pleather" does not show its ugly head

Last edited:
Hi NT....

Super long time member here & former employee Of Brand Jordan & Blast Radius, back over 10 years ago....

"G" was one of the biggest mistakes Brand Jordan ever made. His Vision, His Thought Process & even worst his Decision Making Abilities is what made JB sink for a while & put out poor products.

During the "G" era, we saw cheap quality products be manufactured & the refusal of Nike Air on anything.....His intentions was to save the integrity of the original product & protect collectors who saved OG from back in the days.

This was a "knee jerk" reaction due to Adidas sales & some other back door stuff I am not allowed to share ( Fired/Resignations etc)

Lets hope for the best, but you can expect certain models to be "vaulted" like Disney does their movies for 2019 & lets pray the return of "pleather" does not show its ugly head

I can tell you that there were a lot of people in the Portland area celebrating this decision yesterday and today. As you might have guessed, none of the people celebrating this worked at Nike.

He was also responsible for introducing the limited crap that made everything a nightmare beginning with Altitude XIIIs and the first "LS" shoe: Air Jordan X Ice Blue. Downhill from there. I really hope they are reading up on this thread and seeing how bad this is. They better let him have complete control over anything non retro related.

I forgot to mention the Playoff and White/Red 12s Ive been waiting on.. I can probably say goodbye to those too. The only good thing that can come of this is saving mad money. The brand doing their retros justice over the last like 3/4 years is in direct correlation with how much Ive been spending. As soon as he terrorizes the retros Im not buying ****.

Actually, I’m hoping JB fails horribly with this move and sales plummet.

As a sneakerhead, only total failure of the brand would lead to something amazing like retros FINALLY heading to NikeID.

Hi NT....

Sad.. really sad.

Btw.. are you the original BabyJ.. IDK if its current baby j or w/e but I remember some Babyj used to give us mad info back in the early/mid 00's and always used to have it encrypted with a wink smiley and dip. :lol:

Sad.. really sad.

Btw.. are you the original BabyJ.. IDK if its current baby j or w/e but I remember some Babyj used to give us mad info back in the early/mid 00's and always used to have it encrypted with a wink smiley and dip. :lol:

With the yellow font as well!

100% Adidas overtook JB last year so they definitely have to step it up.
Its just a phase. Adidas designs are extremely boring and forgettable. Nike has a lot of iconic shoes in popular culture. Nike's marketing dept is 2nd to none. All Jordan has to do is continue getting better at making the shoes how they originally were and everything takes care of itse....

oh, right.

nevermind.

Welcome back, Gentry.

Back
Top Bottom