Breaking: Gentry Humphrey Headed Back to Jordan Brand

It’s sick to think that Brand Jordan actually dominated during his reign and most of us here bought all the garbage. There were dope color ways, I couldn’t lie about that but the quality was horrible. We were all wrapped in purely by nostalgia.

By the way, there is no debate on this...the Orion 7s were the worst quality shoe I have ever touched, with the 4s from 2006 a close second. I’m still disgusted by those...
Yes, its called taking advantage of people.

Thats why this guy is bad news.

So let's say he put all retros in the vault for a yr to push the other shoes what will be the outcome lol

Bro, let’s be honest, nobody is going to suddenly buy AF1 retro fusions, Son of Mars, True Flights, Dub Zeros, etc. etc. if he decides to put ALL popular retros in the vault. People will simply stop buying Jordan Brand products if he is legitimately stupid enough to do something so idiotic.

Bro, let’s be honest, nobody is going to suddenly buy AF1 retro fusions, Son of Mars, True Flights, Dub Zeros, etc. etc. if he decides to put ALL popular retros in the vault. People will simply stop buying Jordan Brand products if he is legitimately stupid enough to do something so idiotic.
Exactly; retros were only about 10 years old when he rolled those out and people weren’t as sure that they would continue. The least 5 years showed everyone that Jordan brand heavily relies on retros to get their high numbers.

Exactly; retros were only about 10 years old when he rolled those out and people weren’t as sure that they would continue. The least 5 years showed everyone that Jordan brand heavily relies on retros to get their high numbers.

My post was just a joke just wanted to read people opinions on the matter at hand that's all.

The comments in this thread are :rofl: though, until I saw that WC4 post....:smh:

Well I think it can be a good thing, he'll get his chance to still appease the older generation with some timeless classics(Infared 6s with NA done right for one) and still find a way to build the Jumpman Air retros/branding on it's own.

The downside is for the current and potential future NA retro releases, or even OG CW releases, resale is probably going to skyrocket on those.

For me...

:frown:

Last edited:
I’m sure it pisses the older cats off when they can’t relive the classics. Not all of them
1. Kept their OGs
2. Want to spend thousands to get them again
3. Feel threatened/scared by younger people getting what they got.
4. Have a OG sneaker head superiority complex

I usually dont see eye 2 eye with you... But I agree with this 100%... IMO, I think JB has come to far to start moving backwards... The market isnt the same as it was when Gentry left JB

He wasted no time now it begins
Screenshot_20180326-000616_Facebook.jpg

To summarize whats about to take place when 2019 hits = were not going to get a proper retro with the quality of today on the next Black/infrared retro 6,White/black/red 3M retro 5 with NA on the back. There going to jerk us in a smart way when he's settled inside of Nike/JB for about a year or 2. There going to pump out retro,s with Nike Air,but the quality will be of from the 03-12 years.

Imagine midsole cracking with stiff low quality hard plastic pleather with Nike Air branding on them. There defenately going to start cutting corners on the quality after a year or 2 from now in some type of way. Most of us in the know will most likely only buy retros from 13- beginning of 19. Most like myself will be more selective in the future. Yall better enjoy the quality that were getting on the 1,s.

It's about to be night and day as far as the quality is concerned in a couple of years. It was good while it lasted. I was never a fan of buying resell. But since Gentry is back in office. It's a good thing that resell even exist nowadays to buy the 13-19 retro,s. The money i lost through 03-11 is unforgivable. I dont understand how this man got a second chance inside of Jordan Brand after what he did. This is like interscope hiring Suge Knight as a Music Executive after he gets out of jail.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to bring him back needs to be fired along with Gentry. Anybody friends with him at JB needs to be fired. JB in the last 5 years gradually recovered from the damage he did to the quality of the brand. It was good while it lasted. The first retro i see crumble/paint chip im gone until he leaves or gets fired. I dont care if the CW is good with NA on it. Quality means everything now.

To summarize whats about to take place when 2019 hits = were not going to get a proper retro with the quality of today on the next Black/infrared retro 6,White/black/red 3M retro 5 with NA on the back. There going to jerk us in a smart way when he's settled inside of Nike/JB for about a year or 2. There going to pump out retro,s with Nike Air,but the quality will be of from the 03-12 years.

Imagine midsole cracking with stiff low quality hard plastic pleather with Nike Air branding on them. There defenately going to start cutting corners on the quality after a year or 2 from now in some type of way. Most of us in the know will most likely only buy retros from 13- beginning of 19. Most like myself will be more selective in the future. Yall better enjoy the quality that were getting on the 1,s.

It's about to be night and day as far as the quality is concerned in a couple of years. It was good while it lasted. I was never a fan of buying resell. But since Gentry is back in office. It's a good thing that resell even exist nowadays to buy the 13-19 retro,s. The money i lost through 03-11 is unforgivable. I dont understand how this man got a second chance inside of Jordan Brand after what he did. This is like interscope hiring Suge Knight as a Music Executive after he gets out of jail.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to bring him back needs to be fired along with Gentry. Anybody friends with him at JB needs to be fired. JB in the last 5 years gradually recovered from the damage he did to the quality of the brand. It was good while it lasted. The first retro i see crumble/paint chip im gone until he leaves or gets fired. I dont care if the CW is good with NA on it. Quality means everything now.

No one's forcing you to buy JB trash my man. If you're looking for footwear there are alternatives out there.

If a Gentry led JB could get you to burn money for damn near a decade (2003-2011) you really need to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Screenshot_20180326-000616_Facebook.jpg
so this is good
I'm open to it. 7s are my favorite Jordan plus a low top 7 could possibly be even more comfortable than the mid/high version.

I don't expect a quality drop, but do expect some off the wall CWs to release though. But if this possibly mean the return of stuff like CG4s, Flint 7s, and Carolina Vs, or CWs in the same essence, I wouldn't complain.

Quality has been good over the past few years??? They used a “gimmick” remastered program and jacked the prices through the roof ($115 up to $190 for some models) and went right back to old materials. People still would search multiple pairs in store to make a semi decent pair. I still but what I like regardless but it’s not worth inspecting because quality will be crap.

Back
Top Bottom