Breonna Taylor

well, yeah...but you gotta have a strong unifying cause, like crushing a civil rights movement or something.

1601063810734.png

¨Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.¨

-- openly racist Presidential candidate George Wallace
So the option to create your own independent party and rework the system from the ground up isn't actually realistic?

So the option to create your own independent party and rework the system from the ground up isn't actually realistic?

well, ¨realignment¨ happens when one major party basically falls out of relevance--don´t see many Whig party bumper stickers--and the remaining one splits in two...that´s probably on the menu if the blue team wins.

in a healthier democracy, a Joe Biden and a Bernie/Yang wouldn´t even be in the same party.

a lot of the problem is the system the US uses, first-past-the-post voting encourages generic candidates, broadest possible appeal...another option is ranked choice voting, which lets you support various candidates at different levels so pretty much everybody gets something to live with and nobody fn hates the guy.

for the world´s sake, I hope some real change comes out of this...the old ´Merican Way ain´t **** either.

Last edited:
I read this wrong and thought they were gonna bring the whole force up on RICO charges...my heart fluttered.
I meant the protestors. The cops don't like being lumped together with the bad apples but they'll openly arrest an entire group of protestors and call them rioters. It's a crazy bit of hypocrisy right there.

Their mindset is, Not all cops are bad. But all protestors deserve to rot in jail. It's a troubling mindset. Each has.a subset of bad apples but they're treated differently.

well, ¨realignment¨ happens when one major party basically falls out of relevance--don´t see many Whig party bumper stickers--and the remaining one splits in two...that´s probably on the menu if the blue team wins.

So say the Republicans are in power and Democrats fall out of relevance. The Republicans split in two and you basically end up choosing between a Republican or a Republican under a different name. And this has more or less taken place 3 or 4 times since the establishment of the government?

So say the Republicans are in power and Democrats fall out of relevance. The Republicans split in two and you basically end up choosing between a Republican or a Republican under a different name. And this has more or less taken place 3 or 4 times since the establishment of the government?

yup, in a normal election that´s pretty much it...official party deaths are rare, but depending on who you ask realignment is pretty common, there can also be major ideological shifts...Repubs turned to racist dickheads in the late 60s with Nixon, both parties were pushed conservative by the ¨success¨ of Ronald Reagan in the 80s.

that´s the SportsCenter version, anyway...also, I feel the need to mention that this is not a normal election.

:lol: I remember that show, who in the hell thought that was a good idea for Charles Barkley?
Barkley feels that since he has money, that he has a better perspective on reality than most people. Not because he is well read, not because he has surrounded himself with scholars, not because he went back to school, then studying well enough to debate such. He thinks he has a right to analyze as a member of the media, because he has money, while being Black. So some white dude was sitting around impressed with how Barkley thinks, then decided to let him talk to Black people, while being unqualified to do so.

Somebody thought this 'ish was funny.

So now, he thinks he understands the law better than most. Whether he leans Black or White, Charles Barkley needs to be ignored.

Last edited:
It's amazing the amount of people who become rich that all of a sudden think they know everything now.

... people trying to have opinions and kick knowledge about things that they aren’t even well versed in. It’s just nasty all around.

My 11 year old cousin asked me if I’m voting for Joe Biden, lol. She doesn’t even tie her shoes or know how to comb her hair (I blame her mom) I’m like “that’s cute” but don’t ever come at me like that and you don’t even tie your shoes :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
... people trying to have opinions and kick knowledge about things that they aren’t even well versed in. It’s just nasty all around.

My 11 year old cousin asked me if I’m voting for Joe Biden, lol. She doesn’t even tie her shoes or know how to comb her hair (I blame her mom) I’m like “that’s cute” but don’t ever come at me like that and you don’t even tie your shoes :lol: :lol:
11 years old and not knowing how to tie your shoes is WILD

Back
Top Bottom