-Broke my damn finger Vol: OUCH!- (Pics, Not too graphic though)

Sooo, on November 16th I was hooping and I tried to reach in and intercept a pass and the ball hit the tip of my finger and I heard a -POP!-... I immediately hit the fetal position and screamed and cursed
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
... I didn't even want to look at my hand...once I did, I noticed my finger wouldn't straighten out on its own... So I left the gym, went to my crib and showered and drove myself to the ER... When I got there they took X-rays and said I had a mallet finger (Torn tendon)...SOOO, I had a follow up appointment with a orthopedic doctor/Plastic Surgeon on November 28th and he looked at the X-Rays that the hospital sent to his clinic and told me "Welp, your finger is broke and you're going to need surgery ASAP"...I said "WHAT?!...I was never told that my finger was broke!"...and then he showed me the X-Ray
mad.gif
...And indeed it was BROKE...I had surgery the next day and he drilled into my finger and put a K-Wire in to hold the bone together ....anyway, here are my pics...ENJOY...or not

Pic I took on the way to the ER

Pic of the splint that was put on the day I hurt it

My X-Ray, The fracture is where that white line is...

Splint the Orthopedic Doc gave me the day before my surgery

Right before Surgery

Post Surgery, You can see the K-Wire sticking out the tip of my finger

The Healing Process...Green label wiskey and a ton of TLC from the wife (BIG UP's to HER!)

This sucks because I drive with my left hand....

I have broken my left pniky twice & didnt get it set either time... Man up
laugh.gif

J/k but not really
nerd.gif

Me, my father & his brother all have jagged, crooked pinkys... Im glad i didnt go thru all that for a BS finger lmao

I passed out and fell in the shower while I was high and broke my jaw last year. I also broke my elbow running to see a fight at a club a while back. The pain was so intense it's like your whole body just freezes up from it. I bet it's really annoying having that injury. Normal activities such as showering, washing your hands, sleeping and driving become a challenge.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

I passed out and fell in the shower while I was high and broke my jaw last year.

i chuckled for some reason.
that sucks though.

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

u went to the er for a broken finger? if its real bad u buy a splint at walgreens and call it a day

Yeah, at first I wasn't going to go because I thought it was jammed (I jam my finger all the time as many athletes do) but my girl convinced me to go and it hurt a TON, so in the back of my mind I knew it might have been broke...PLUS I pay $200 a month for health insurance...I'll be damned if I don't put it to use
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

laugh.gif

J/k but not really
nerd.gif

Me, my father & his brother all have jagged, crooked pinkys... Im glad i didnt go thru all that for a BS finger lmao

The hell ya'll be doing?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

u went to the er for a broken finger? if its real bad u buy a splint at walgreens and call it a day
He had to have surgery on it i think it was warranted.

Hope you heal well OP!! !%*$ would freak me out seeing a piece of metal hanging out my finger
sick.gif

I passed out and fell in the shower while I was high and broke my jaw last year. I also broke my elbow running to see a fight at a club a while back. The pain was so intense it's like your whole body just freezes up from it. I bet it's really annoying having that injury. Normal activities such as showering, washing your hands, sleeping and driving become a challenge.

Yeah, Showering Sucks...I have wear a bag on my hand
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

laugh.gif

J/k but not really
nerd.gif

The hell ya'll be doing?
laugh.gif

It all from basketball...
laugh.gif
My uncle cant even bend his anymore i thinks he's broken it 4 times
sick.gif
 But we real me over here G... Ill be dammed if im hittin the ER unless its an emergency... I actually finshed the game the first time... I cried in the car like Red tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RocSole

I passed out and fell in the shower while I was high and broke my jaw last year.

i chuckled for some reason.
that sucks though.

It's cool, most people do laugh when I tell them the story. It is kinda funny how it happened though. I laugh at people hurting themselves online all the time so I can't even front lol.

More power to the dudes saying man up.
I would have done the same thing.
Maybe not the ER but if it hurt that bad why not?
I'd like to keep my body in prestige condition.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

info on carbon fiber splint

"the healing process"
laugh.gif
bro you have a broken finger

Faaaam', Its a Process... I can't do anything!....I feel like a slob! Doc said I can't hoop or exercise for another 3 weeks. All I do is Eat, Play 2k and wait on my girl to come home...Every now and then I hit the mall (When I feel like enduring the pain of driving).... My girl and I went to a party last night...most action I had in weeks 
ohwell.gif
(besides the handicapped sex)

StaXX wrote:
More power to the dudes saying man up.
I would have done the same thing.
Maybe not the ER but if it hurt that bad why not?
I'd like to keep my body in prestige condition.

eek.gif

mw2-cod-modern-warfare-2-10th-prestige-lobby-xbox-9f9d8.jpg
??

Back
Top Bottom