Brooklyn girls vol. Hipsters

Patrice O'neal hit the nail on the head.

Everything has lost its meaning. Everyone thinks they're a rebel now.

Tattoos, piercings, hairstyles, clothing....

There's no regional style anymore... no personal style....

You used to be able to look at someone and have a pretty good idea if you would get along or not.... now it's all a facade... bunch of sheep in wolfs clothing....

Yep

Nah.

I'm not seeing chicks like this around my way in BK. Definitely don't represent BK girls.

I'd even question if this is what BK hipster chicks look like. I remember them at least being attractive. The girls in this video look like broads with gothic makeup and hairstyles but just out in the sunlight.

haha, my girl recently moved to Brooklyn and showed me around Williamsburg. there is definitely a difference.

A song about Brooklyn girls sang by some British chick?.....that depicts exactly what Brooklyn has become, I wonder what the ration of native Brooklyn peeps is compared to the amounts of out of towners that have flocked the area claming BROOKLYNNN :lol:

Low key insulting. You're not a New Yorker. You're not from Brooklyn. You're a transplant and will always be that.

CA bitties >>> BK white chicks

As a whole for NYC tho, they got every flavor B. Ain't no DR or PR chicas in CA

You used to be able to look at someone and have a pretty good idea if you would get along or not.... now it's all a facade... bunch of sheep in wolfs clothing....

Blame Bed stuy for not striking fear into all the art students at Pratt.

"It's not that ghetto here after all"

*Takes over Williamsburg  

Low key insulting. You're not a New Yorker. You're not from Brooklyn. You're a transplant and will always be that.

whoa whoa whoa...soo Ksteezy is not a NYer? this cant be real life...
indifferent.gif

I just wish there was a happy medium with gentrification. I hate to see a city where all of it has been changed into one "cute" city to live in. What made cities so unique was just the different areas and cultures it provides. There are the ghetto eats for finding holes in the walls for cheap foods and there are the 4 star restaurants that you an indulge in as well. I just hate to think one day it will all be all expensive restaurants and expensive living areas. It makes the city specific for one kind of person and that is what I hate most about it. I said this in another thread but its a shame when the middle class people become the lower class since all these damn rich people start moving in. I don't make pennies but with my job in a different city, I am sure I could live in a least a 1 bedroom apartment without having to worry about eating ramen every day.

this vid is similar to what Patrice is saying

I was in Williamsburg during the afternoon on a nice day last week and **** just smelled like money. With all those lil outdoor cafes and wide open boutique pet shops and clothing stores. Can't say I mind it though. I kinda like what they've done with it. Can't help but laugh when someone with a thick midwest accent tells you they're FROM Brooklyn tho.

I was at a block party in Bushwick where they had Bronson perform last summer. I started smoking with my friends and some hipster girl says "we share here in Brooklyn". Since she asked like that I replied how long have you lived here. And of course she had been there for under 2 years. Clear suburban girl.

Last edited:

chuuuuuuuuch

Back
Top Bottom