BROOKLYN NETS Off-Season Thread - Welcome KG P2 and Jet

Those jerseys
pimp.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Source: Deron Doesn't See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long-Run[/h3]
May 23, 2012 2:33 PM EDT

Williams_Deron_njn_120516.jpg

Deron Williams prefers to re-sign with the Nets, but he also would consider going to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade, according to a source.

The Lakers appear to be a more suitable alternative for Williams than the Mavericks.

"There's no longevity there," said a source close to Williams of the Mavericks.

Via Sam Amick/SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ward.bynum/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

Im not gonna believe any DWill reports until something happens
nerd.gif

There was just a report yesterday of him talking to the Nets media saying he had no clue about where he was going & complaining about everyone taking things he does as hints. Until he signs with a team im keeping an open mind
laugh.gif

I still wish there was another color besides just black and white.  I know simple works but they took a very minimal approach to the team designs and colors.

If they are the Real jerseys then they are nice! The Navy Home jersey 
pimp.gif

Welp, we missed on the top 3 pick. In effort to cheer the others up (or further your depression lol) here's the previous #6 overall picks.

2011 jan vesley
2010 epke udoh
2009 johnny flynn
2008 Danilo Galinari
2007 yi jianlin
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

2006 brandon roy
2005 martell webster
2004josh chidlress
2003 chris kaman
2002 wagner??
2001 shane battier
2000 demaar johnson

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Im not gonna believe any DWill reports until something happens
nerd.gif

There was just a report yesterday of him talking to the Nets media saying he had no clue about where he was going & complaining about everyone taking things he does as hints. Until he signs with a team im keeping an open mind
laugh.gif
He's obviously lying when he says he has no idea where he's going
laugh.gif
FA aint far away now, it's definitely on his mind. It just makes the most sense to denounce any rumors when asked cuz that #%+! is annoying and it aint like he gonna say one way or another what he's going to do now. I mean when's the last time a rumor was released and a player admitted it was true? That's why he called out Woj when he posted that one rumor article.

As far as the rumor, depending on what LAL does there could be more of a future there for him than Dallas. Mavs aint as attractive without Tyson. Dirk alone won't cut it.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Jerseys are pretty good, although the top part kind of looks like a bra 
grin.gif
Dammit, I wish you didn't say that
laugh.gif
, now all I'm seeing is a white halter top with black spaghetti straps

Look at what the Nets put in front of Deron Williams' front door in his Manhattan apartment for his 28th Birthday today
laugh.gif

sign_06262012.jpg

Gerald Wallace re-signs, according to most insiders at 4yrs/$40 mil. The contract may be a stretch exception.

If the Nets sign Deron and trade for Dwight, I will applaud the Nets organization and front office for handling the loss of not signing LeBron James in 2010 much better than the Knicks did. Dwight Howard and Deron Williams are supremely more fitted on the court than any of our management's decisions have been in the past two years. If ya'll pull this off, wow. Must be nice

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

If the Nets sign Deron and trade for Dwight, I will applaud the Nets organization and front office for handling the loss of not signing LeBron James in 2010 much better than the Knicks did. Dwight Howard and Deron Williams are supremely more fitted on the court than any of our management's decisions have been in the past two years. If ya'll pull this off, wow. Must be nice

Y'all seem to be forgetting that if t were up to the Nets, they'd have our roster. The only reason they're in this position is becauae they struck out in 2010, and then struck out on Melo. It's not like they sat back patiently waiting for something better. No one wanted to play there.

Don't mean to roast the Nets, but a lot of y'all are always so quick to crucify our management and praise others. Praising a guy who just gave up the #6 draft pick and had to resign the role player they got for $10 million a year to save face after striking out on every free agent they've pursued for the past few years? This is Billy King you're talking about.

Now, if they get Dwight an keep Deron, it worked out well, but not because this was a well thought out plan since missing out on LeBron.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Y'all seem to be forgetting that if t were up to the Nets, they'd have our roster. The only reason they're in this position is becauae they struck out in 2010, and then struck out on Melo. It's not like they sat back patiently waiting for something better. No one wanted to play there.

Don't mean to roast the Nets, but a lot of y'all are always so quick to crucify our management and praise others. Praising a guy who just gave up the #6 draft pick and had to resign the role player they got for $10 million a year to save face after striking out on every free agent they've pursued for the past few years? This is Billy King you're talking about.

Now, if they get Dwight an keep Deron, it worked out well, but not because this was a well thought out plan since missing out on LeBron.

No, because Deron Wlliams is better than Melo and they didn't give up their entire team, so they clearly won those sweepstakes.Yeah Billy King sucks, but the Knicks are screwed for years now.

Nets meeting with Nash today...

They're also keeping an eye out for O.J. Mayo, Nick Young, Brandon Bass, & Eric Gordon (as a backup plan).

Latest Joe Johnson rumors - Farmar, Petro, Morrow, Jordan Williams, DeShawn Stevenson (sign & trade), & a first round pick. Green & Humphries have been rumored in the deal as well because the Nets don't wanna give up Brooks in that deal though so that's caused some issues. They're also waiting on DWill's decision.

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

No, because Deron Wlliams is better than Melo and they didn't give up their entire team, so they clearly won those sweepstakes.Yeah Billy King sucks, but the Knicks are screwed for years now.

You seem to have missed my point. The Nets don't deserve praise for their patience and resolve. The reason they're still in a situation to make a move for Dwight is because they struck out multiple times. Not because Billy King drew up this plan 3 years ago.

My opinion is null and void though because the Knicks have been terribly managed.
laugh.gif

Harlem, your opinion is welcomed in here though. I even agree with you assessment of the Knicks Management 
tongue.gif

Seriously,  The Nets are at least trying. I give them that much.     Let Joe Johnson have a chance first if they make that deal.    I would begin to knock King then when Johnson disappears in games late in the year or if they make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom