Brooklyn Nets official thread: 20-21 season

Good game, for 3 quarters :smile: With LMA playing like he did, it does seem like errbody kinda ran outta gas, except THE SNIPER, which will happen if He doesnt get some down time ......

Its NOT just you Sir, Nash better cut back on KDs minutes or sit Him every now and then, its early like you said, it wont hurt too much. Give it a try Stevie !!!

I do not remember Joey B attempting a FT, seriously, I know he has, just been so long I cant recall. Almost seems the more he drives the WIDER open the 3 attempts get, no substitute for aggressiveness ever.

Harden acts like the guy who knows he's amazing but just doesnt feel like putting it all on the line, maybe left over feelings from the injury ? maybe. Whenever h seems on the verge of bustin out he reverts immediately, like 1 step fwd 2 setps back kinda thing. Not concerned UNLESS its still going on after 20 games

I like this run of good tough teams, tor, chi,orl, get to see where things are REALLY at this early.

KD is up for induction into the BLUE COLLAR BOYS CLUB I SEE, good luck to Him !!!

kd 65.jpg

OFF TO DISNEY !!!

Good game, for 3 quarters :smile: With LMA playing like he did, it does seem like errbody kinda ran outta gas, except THE SNIPER, which will happen if He doesnt get some down time ......

Its NOT just you Sir, Nash better cut back on KDs minutes or sit Him every now and then, its early like you said, it wont hurt too much. Give it a try Stevie !!!

I do not remember Joey B attempting a FT, seriously, I know he has, just been so long I cant recall. Almost seems the more he drives the WIDER open the 3 attempts get, no substitute for aggressiveness ever.

Harden acts like the guy who knows he's amazing but just doesnt feel like putting it all on the line, maybe left over feelings from the injury ? maybe. Whenever h seems on the verge of bustin out he reverts immediately, like 1 step fwd 2 setps back kinda thing. Not concerned UNLESS its still going on after 20 games

I like this run of good tough teams, tor, chi,orl, get to see where things are REALLY at this early.

KD is up for induction into the BLUE COLLAR BOYS CLUB I SEE, good luck to Him !!!

kd 65.jpg

OFF TO DISNEY !!!

He grew up in the mines and I respect it. Hard ⛑ 👷‍♂️ boys.

THATS wai I like it, making sure the sub .500 squads ( orl is still a tough squad imo) dont get close and getting The Servant some rest, which He looks like He wont get from Mr Nash, lol

Blake need to STOP taking 3's PERIOD, got enuff firepower for him to just concern himself with leading the BCBC !!! when he squares up now it hurts a little, bless his heart

LMA may be the 8th wonder of tha world, imagine being told and haveing to retire about a heart condiotion, THEN not only coming back which is a blessing in itself but CONTRIBUTING liek the super star he has ALWAYS been, GOD IS GOOD !

cant let the guard down now with no and okl city up next, need to lay down 2 15 pt plus wins

maybe give KD a night off, HA doubt it

whoda thunk an entire 4th qtr with no Sniper of Sheriff could be so so so fun ??!?!?!?! booya motherlover !!!!!

lma 4.jpg

db 2 (2).jpg

joey.jpg

harden 18.jpg

kd 67.jpg

squad 2.jpg

FURTHER

Yeah, I enjoyed that win. Orlando was scrappy but easymoney was too much for them. Glad it turned into a blowout so that the starters could get some rest. Even though Nash couldn't help himself and just had to reinsert Brown at the end for some damn reason. :lol:

I agree about Blake and those 3s. He took 1 more than Joe did. :sick:
Please just focus on playing D and hustling Blake. Attack the glass to get your points off putbacks thank you very much. :lol:

LMA :wow:

after reading you post sir shuges i wish BG would too, If he does whatcha said things would be ALOT smooooooooooother.

would LOVE to see another 4th qtr tonight without KD and Harden but ima not underestimating ANYONE even new orleans without zion
ingram a straight hooper flat out

lets get locked in and have some fun 2nite in nawlins !!!

locked.jpg

LFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wai wai wai closer than it shoulda been but oh well

joey buckets puttin in THAT work ! announcers funny as hell too sayin he does that every REGUALR SEASON

jh 2.jpg

everytime time KD took a mid range shot them same funny *** announcers said another layup attempt, comedians and ish

Still so so early, what they gonna do when the Sheriff actually puts multiple games like this in a row ????? Scary ?

harden 11.jpg

Bench wasnt so hot BUT J Carter lookin SO MUCH better than he has at all so far, once he finds his role on this team i believe he will become huge off the bench, looked like my main man D Bemb had too much gumbo or somthin, Patty still missin a ton of shots but just like BG his huslte is immeasurable. IF BG dont stop takin 3s ima need a new tv real soon 21% and lettin em fly without a thought STOP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

dont care what okc record is aint gonna be easy on sundai

gotta end this road trip on a high note

DONT TRY AND RUN FROM HIM, SOONER OR LATER THA REAPER COMES FOR EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jh kd 3.jpg

GOD BLESS THEM ALL

brand new THE BRIDGE episode 2, Patty is featured, didnt think i could like him more than i already do, i was wrong

BCB IN THAT ***

That game reminded me of the Orlando game and the Pistons game. All three teams didn't have a superstar in the lineup and all three teams were young and scrappy and pushed BK a bit. Teams like that are always dangerous. As a matter of fact, all 3 of those teams played like how the Kenny Atkinson era Nets used to play.

Speaking of which, shout out to Nets alumni Garrett Temple. Came in averaging like 6 points and dropped 17 on the Nets. :lol:

Harden with the game we've all been waiting for. It's important to show he still can put up 35+ so that KD isn't carrying too much of a load. Joe finally putting together a good all around game as far as shooting AND driving. I wish Nash rode him in the 1st until he actually missed though. I don't think he scored again until the 3rd q. I always wish coaches would get more flexible when they see a player (especially a starter) going off. Ride that hot hand until it's not hot anymore!

As for BG, I think the announcers said that Blake was told by Harden to KEEP SHOOTING. And my question is WHY??? :lol:

Bench is solid but something is missing. Not sure of what yet though....

Ima withya Sir shoulda kept Joey in til he couldnt raise his arms to shoot it !

Mr Harden needs to keep on doin what he is doin AND **** if he said that to Blake, I love BG EXCEPT when he is lofting 3s, enough is really enough at this point.

Maybe the bench could use a rim protector ?!?!?! Seems like alot I mean ALOT of EASY buckets, drives and 2nd chances are bein given up consistently.

No superstar on the opponents squad tonight another close one, I feel you there ! :rolleyes

GOTTA GOTTA get this W tonight, next week is HELL, and a cat named Steph is comin to town, Good Lord.

squad 3.jpg

LFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the last game of a long road trip, this was an excellent win for the team.

Positives:
- KD still displaying elite all-around skills. His free throw shooting has caught up to what is normal for him. He looks super efficient out there right now.
- Patty finding his groove. You love to see it. He's been struggling a little and it was good to see him light it up.
- James Johnson sniffing the court. It seems as if Nash doesn't have the confidence that J2 will be a major difference maker. But I do think it's good to know what your roster is capable of giving you. And J2 needs a little more burn for us to know what he's capable of providing the team if even as just a defensive stopper or a momentum/energy guy.
- BG not taking so many 3s.
- Good overall team defense. OKC missed a TON of bunnies at the rim but BK did a pretty solid job overall of containing OKC's more explosive players (SGA, Dort, Bazley) from having monster games.

Negatives:
- KD's shoulder. Not sure what's going on there but let's all hope it's nothing that develops into something bigger than it needs to be.
- Joe Harris' ankle. The ankle roll didn't look too bad but the replay they showed wasn't the best. So let's hope it's not anything serious.
- Nash fiddling with the lineup. KD plays the entire 1st and the entire 3rd. I'd like to see Nash sit KD sooner in the 1st/3rd so that he can bring him back quicker in the 2nd/4th.

Great win overall. I'm a huge Warriors fan so I'm looking forward to Tuesday's game. But I really think the Nets should handle them with no problem whatsoever.

Btw, I really, really wish the Broooooooklyn chants would be stronger at home. Need to establish a solid homecourt that makes opposing players hate playing at Barclays.

Last edited:
GOOD STUFF shuges !!!

I would just add LMA turning into bein worth his weight in gold !

and BG taking TOO MANY 3s as a negative ! lol but how he leads the BCB makes me love him to death

Ima tryin to not even think about KDs shoulder

I think Nash is STILL trying to figure it all out, REALLY like that he plays a 5 without KD and JH consistently though, gonna pay off HUGE later in season

I like the Dubs too but after they lost to charlotte i got a feelin they are gonna really bring it , hopin for a W in a close one, but Id rather have what YOU said happen obviously

would be nice to hear alotta noise in Tha Barclays, how can you not lose your damn mind with KD and Tha Sheriff AND the ENERGY everyone else who plays brings ?!?!?!?! cmon now

SO SO SO DAMN READY FOR TOMORROW NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLESS EM ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kd 55 (2).jpg

FURTHER

Last edited:
would be nice to hear alotta noise in Tha Barclays, how can you not lose your damn mind with KD and Tha Sheriff AND the ENERGY everyone else who plays brings ?!?!?!?! cmon now

I agree with your entire post but I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with this in particular right here!!!

Absolutely embarrassing performance.

A game like this is the perfect example of why I dislike KD playing the entire 3rd and sitting so long to start the 4th. When you're down big like the Nets were tonight, you basically are relying on your backups to bring you back at the start of the 4th. And with no Joe, the bench was extremely light tonight. This is exactly what I was referring to earlier when I said the bench is lacking something. And to compound matters, Nash refused to play LMA early because of matchup issues. Just a mess.

Harden led the team in scoring but that was a super quiet 24 points. KD uncharacteristically was pulling from deep in that 3rd q instead of naturally letting the game come to him. Blake played with low energy after drawing 3 charges early. Patty seemed out of sorts with the starters.

Nets have some work to do. I said from the beginning that the Lakers and Nets would reach the Finals but that the Lakers have a superior bench. Marks at this point needs to start looking at potential options to bolster the reserves. A defensive stopper/energy guy (such as Payton 2) or a shot blocking rebounder/interior presence (such as Whiteside or Drum) or an explosive/reliable shooter (such as Redick) are all missing from this current bench unit.

Last edited:
You pretty much nailed it right there,, period

sometimes ya just gotta take the whoopin and HOPE it motivates instead of deflates, since its so early in the year im not worried, they arw still getting used to each other and again Nash is TRYIN to figure out the right moves at th right time

GS defense stepped it up in that 3rd and never looked back, took KD outta his comfort zone like i dont think any other team in the league could do, better hope its LA in the finals and not GS ! lol

only good thing is KD / Harden didnt play in the 4th so they should be aiight tonight, again though Clev no pushover, so who tha flip knows

Kinda wish KD would sit tonight

Just dont understand why LMA didnt get in earlier ? Pace ?

Joey Buckets MVP on the team !??!?!?!!?? sike !

ANYONE who doesnt think STEPH is a GOD is a motherlovin fool who shouldnt be allowed to watch the game of basketball. TRULY TRULY TRULY AMAZING ! God bless him

kd 72.jpg

LFG!!!!!!!!!!

Big facts on Steph. I don't understand what's there not to like about dude. He is an absolute MONSTER. :smh:
Love watching him play.

Cleveland def won't be a pushover. Fro is putting up steady numbers as usual (70% FG :wow:). But I think he's out tonight:

EVAN MOBLEY, JARRETT ALLEN, COLLIN SEXTON, LAURI MARKKANEN OUT, BUT KEVIN LOVE LIKELY RETURNS

So yeah, this SHOULD be light work. But I'm not exactly counting counting chickens before they hatch here.

Solid if unspectacular win. Weird game all around.

4 players with 20+ in KD, Harden, Patty, and LMA. But the surrounding players (Blake, Bruce, Bembry, JC) had some meh performances.

James Johnson didn't score but he clicked with LMA all night. He had some nice passes to Aldridge and he was playing as if he had something to prove to Nash.

Glad to get the win of course, but that game really should not have been as competitive as it was.

Still early in the season and Nash is still seeing what he has. So no major concerns here.

On to the next.

you aint lyin, specially with 4 cats with 20 or more to only win by what they did, no complaints though !

I swear if Nash gave J Johnson more minutes he would become a perm part of the rotation, i know thats easier said than done though

tha more ya see LMA play tha more ya gotta like him, its just a fact of life

kinda wanted to see clev at full strength for a real test, hopefully when they play them next wee they will be

storyline tht keeps rearing its ugly head here between us Sir is Nash figuring it all out, lol, nice to have this many pieces to do that with at least. i bet it wont all come together until right before all star break, and even though its early they are still in 2nd in the east and that aint too shabby all things considered

huddle 3.jpg

kd 74.jpg

On to tha next

feel weird as hell sayin it but last nights run was my favorite of the year so far, feels weird cause my favorite hooper of all time didnt even play
due to others out of the line up it was nice to see j jones get more burn, if j carter could hit his damn shots hed get alot more time, his defense is Fin great!
LMA makes me happy BLESS HIM ALWAYS
CANT replace Bembry's hustle, no wia in heckle n jeckyl, no wai
If you are not getting better everydai, you are getting worse, just need these cats, ALL of Em to keep gettin better everyday,an hopefully the end of the journey is bountiful.

JAMES GANG IN FULL MOTHERLOVIN EFFECT

jh jj.jpg

db 5.jpg

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN FOR A REAL GOOD TIME

ON TO THA NEXT

Yeah, that was a strange game. Anytime KD doesn't play, the energy is turned down for me. Harden scored big but still seems a step or 2 off. Cole Anthony stay trying to yam on the Nets heads. :lol:

Wasn't surprised at how tight the game was because as we have pointed out before, these young, no superstar teams seem to give the Nets fits.

As for the Cavs, Sexton is done for the season but Fro and Lauri are set to return. I read somewhere that Bruce won't play and if that's the case, hopefully the bench can step up.

BANG ! YOU got it Sir ! that energy 'seems' to go down for the entire team if you ask me, goes WAI down for me for sure ! lol

Harden IS still a step or 2 or even 3 slow but somehow seems to come through when ya doubt him the most, unlike previous playoff history would tell us, BUT this Brooklyn NOT houston and thats that. He gonna make us forget all that history I know he will. His WILL to win is so so huge I loved what he was doin during timeouts and breaks in play, kind of an on court coach I think he relishes that role when KD is playin or on bench.

Yeah no Mr Brown tonight or Joey Buckets, and Claxton is listed out for a couple weeks, I read its cause of his conditioning, he lost ALOT of weight for some reason, just hope he is ok and all. Milsap back tonight at least.

Interested to see tha Starting 5 tonight too

Dont look forward to goin up again J Allen, he IS the 1 cat I wish they coulda kept through all the moves made.

Time for another adventure, gotta get in they *** EARLY and KEEP em down, THATS what I wanna see !!!

BACK 2 WORK

work boots (2).jpg

LFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO SIR SHUGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS COMIN !!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is the 1st of the 'figuring it out' moves and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BG will flourish on the 2nd team, specially with his man , my man PATTY MILLS !

lma 4.jpg

no Joey Buckets or Mr Brown tonight vs bahstan
no Joey Buckets vs the Suns either

In tha words of the great great Earvin Johnson " if theres 1 thing in life i truely truely hate...................its the boston cesltics" GO BLESS HIM !

LETS MOTHERLOVIN GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and yours have a happy Thanksgiving shuges !

squad.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LMA or FO !

Back
Top Bottom