bros, I'm a 22 year old man and I ran away from home vol: I wanna go home.

Sup,
Straight to the cliffs,
Bumping heads with parents,
Voluntarily decide to move out,
Didn't really think it thru,
Don't really have any were to go or much money,
Can't really afford rent,
Don't want to go back because I want to prove to myself that I can make it
REALIZED I CAN'T MAKE IT
Wanna go back but got too much pride.
..ohh yea, I hasn't even been a full 24hrs yet lol
Would you guys go back home, or be strong and stick to your guns?

Flame me bros.

if you really have "pride" then get yourself back home because this is real immature my dude . NO 22 year old man should A. be beefing with their parents B. Not be able to take care of themselves literally . Get home , get to work , save some money , youll be 25 years old in a couple of years man , wake up .

not gonna flame you.

But only you can determine whether the spat you got in with your parents is worth you having to figure out a living arrangement with little to no means.

Sometimes you gotta swallow your pride. Especially with your parents, because regardless of how right you may feel you are, they are still the ones that brought you into this world... and that alone deserves your utmost respect. What will you do? Find you own place and struggle, only to go back to them down the road?

From what it sounds like, the argument or whatever you wish to call it was not that significant. Call them in the morning and apologize. No matter how wrong they may be, no matter how old you are, they are your parents. Convey to them what it is that is bothering you. Then try to hash it out like adults. If you all can't reach a resolution, start making moves to find your own place. Get your funds up, find decent places to live, and move out on your own terms... what grown man runs away?

Lol thanks guys, sorry for the poor choice of words, I just kinda sat down with them and told them that I feel it's about time that I leave the nest and be my own man. They understood that and we left on good terms but the reality of the matter is really setting in, my funds are sufficient but not as high as I'd like them to be, I have my own place now but i I agree with blink, due to my lack of preparing I'll probably move back with in a year, so it just has me questioning my abilities to fend for my self

if you really have "pride" then get yourself back home because this is real immature my dude . NO 22 year old man should A. be beefing with their parents B. Not be able to take care of themselves literally . Get home , get to work , save some money , youll be 25 years old in a couple of years man , wake up .
This, why are you still having little kiddie fights with your parents op? If you guys have a disagreement talk it out like adults. Time to grow up

This, why are you still having little kiddie fights with your parents op? If you guys have a disagreement talk it out like adults. Time to grow up

Totally agree, in retrospect it is something I wish I would of gone more In depth with them, moving forward I think that will be a major improvement in the development of my maturity.

All depends on what you mean by "bumping heads with parents".

If your alcoholic father beats you in a drunken rage every day then you should do your best to stay away.

If they took your xbox away because you refused to clean your room then get your *** back home.

show them youre real man by enlisting in the marines. go back home for the time being. AND DONT TELLL THE PARENTS ABOUT THE DECISION MADE. THEN GO TO EACH APPOINTMENT U NEED TO FUFILL TO GAIN ENTRY IN THE MILITARY. THEN, IF YOU START BUMP HEADS WITH YOURE PARENTS YOU LEAVE THIS TIME AND YOUR OFF TO BOOTCAMP. COME BACK IN YOUR ALPHA UNIFORM AND SHOW THEM YOU CAN HANDLE AUTHORITY

Qft

Thanks guys I really do appreciate all the responses. It's good to read different view points on my situation, if you guys don't mind me asking, what steps did you all take prior to moving out? What's the best advice/guideline I can use for the future?

"Pride Goeth Before Thy Fall."

You going to cut off your nose to spite your face?

You already made your decision and you should not revert to running back to your parents, but there is nothing wrong with seeking assistance or admitting to them what you just told us. You could inform your parents that you had no idea being independent and taking care of yourself required this much work and determination and that you appreciate all the time, effort, and years they provided for you. Rather than cutting them off abruptly, you could try to ween yourself off their assistance.

You say you have a place now but cant really afford it? I would stick it out and take this next year as a learning tool. One of two things are gonna happen you are going to force yourself to grow up and get your situation together or you will be back at your parents but will have a better appreciation for the things they have done for you. Going back now will solve nothing you will be arguing next week. You haven't learned anything yet

Should of made this thread 24 hours ago. How you move out right before Christmas and new years though? :x

I understand OP. I've done this before, except I was in high school. Had some BS going on in the house and I just couldn't take it. But, unlike your situation, my mother sent my uncles out to find me. 
laugh.gif
 Moms knew she was in the wrong but I still swallowed my pride and went home. We're ok now... a little awkward, but ok. I'm 25 now and just chillin here until I pay off the majority of my school loans and get myself totally together. 

If you can't support yourself, you are not a man yet. No flame or anything
This is stupid!!!!!! You post alot of BS. OP take this as a lesson in what you need to do to prepare yourself for the future. I was just contemplating starting a post to ask guys how they buy every release and function as adults, with a mortgage, retirement, savings and bills but i see that some are just coasting.

Back
Top Bottom