Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Bruce Lee would win hands down. Anyone who says otherwise has probably never seen the documentary about his life, or is too young to even know who he is.

Bruce Lee would win hands down. Anyone who says otherwise has probably never seen the documentary about his life, or is too young to even know who he is.

Bruce would go WRECKINGTON on Silva. But I have mad respect for Silva, because if you look at the way he fights it's very similar to how Bruce Lee fought and how he taught.

Silva is famous for his dodging and weaving, dodging punches at a ridiculous pace in order to deliver counters. Yeah this is a basic concept, but the way he executes is ridiculous. Just look at all the gifs. That style of fighting, to move like water around your opponents attacks in order to deliver an efficient blow, was emphasized and taught more broadly in JKD, the style Bruce founded. It looks a bit like boxing (a reputable sport/martial art in itself) when Silva fights like that, but Bruce was able to advance that beyond a point that Silva can't reach. He actually fought Chuck Norris on the set of "Way of the Dragon," a sparring session really, and Chuck couldn't even touch him. And Walker Texas Ranger aside, Chuck Norris is legit. Bruce trained his physique to the point of nearly complete functionality and efficiency... it's really hard to imagine anyone who's done just as much as he's done.

Bruce would go WRECKINGTON on Silva. But I have mad respect for Silva, because if you look at the way he fights it's very similar to how Bruce Lee fought and how he taught.

Silva is famous for his dodging and weaving, dodging punches at a ridiculous pace in order to deliver counters. Yeah this is a basic concept, but the way he executes is ridiculous. Just look at all the gifs. That style of fighting, to move like water around your opponents attacks in order to deliver an efficient blow, was emphasized and taught more broadly in JKD, the style Bruce founded. It looks a bit like boxing (a reputable sport/martial art in itself) when Silva fights like that, but Bruce was able to advance that beyond a point that Silva can't reach. He actually fought Chuck Norris on the set of "Way of the Dragon," a sparring session really, and Chuck couldn't even touch him. And Walker Texas Ranger aside, Chuck Norris is legit. Bruce trained his physique to the point of nearly complete functionality and efficiency... it's really hard to imagine anyone who's done just as much as he's done.

I think the mystique of Bruce Lee Vs * is cool and all, but damn near everyone is pulling $#%! out of their ### when it comes to details about these hypothetical situations.

I think the mystique of Bruce Lee Vs * is cool and all, but damn near everyone is pulling $#%! out of their ### when it comes to details about these hypothetical situations.

Join Bruce Lee's daughter Shannon Lee and culture analyst Sharon Ann Lee for a conversation about the life and philosophy of Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee was a famous martial artist, movie star and cultural icon--but his philosophy has caught fire around the world inspiring millions searching for meaning and consciousness. Each episode will dig deep into Bruce’s philosophy to provide guidance and action on cultivating your truest self.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”

Shannon Lee - Bruce Lee Podcast - https://itun.es/i6hs8tr #iTunes

Bruce Lee Podcast | Free Listening on SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/brucelee

Eh, you're just assuming. It's not like hasn't gotten into fights either. You think ip man didn't have hands either?

Silva's has trained Brazilian jiu jitsu since he was a kid. Bruce is an amazing striker but he'd have very few answers to today's high level of jiu jitsu.

Not saying he couldn't win, but it wouldn't be a cakewalk . Martial arts and it's understanding has increased since Bruce.

Last edited:

Bruce Lee was an actor

Yeah but martial artist first.
martial artist =//= fighter

bruce lee would get merked by dudes who train and participate in real fights
Remember that MMA is a sport with rules.
wing chun sparring has rules too...

kung fu itself was created as a way for monks to stay in shape.... it was never a viable fighting form

which is why bruce created jeet kun do

and jeet kun do isn't even a well balanced form....

bruce was an actor

I'm not talking about Wing Chun because Bruce had moved past that.

Wing Chun as a "fighting form" is obviously dated but you can see elements of it in Krav Maga. It's not without it's merits.

But even Wing Chun has eye/throat attacks built into it. All of those are on the centerline.

My point still stands. Don't assume that because guys train for a sport that they'll be equipped to win at all costs outside of it.

Because sport fighting isn't "real" fighting ultimately.

Back
Top Bottom