Bruce Lee vs Anderson Silva

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Oh the irony.
And I bet there's a Buddhist mone somewhere better than Michael Jordan ever was, because all he does is train. Of course we won't ever see him play basketball professionally though, that would make no sense!
The irony just ironed you.

there are other venues for�athletic�competition�that don't make it to tv you know. Plus you might not be aware of �underground fighting circuits either. You act like just because they aren't on tv they aren't talented. There are probably thousands of dudes out there with skills of mj, but they didn't make it through to the nba for some reason. Shoot,�Michael Jordan didn't even make varsity when he tried out, and he turned out to be one of the most memorable players.�

Look.

How can you judge something that has never been seen.� Who has seen these buddhist monks???� Who has seen Bruce Lee fight???

The only people who spoke on Bruce were street fighters he beat (street fighters, mind you, not professional fighters) and those who heard about him from word of mouth.�

In regards to everyone talking about how lightning quick he was and how he could kick a bag to the ceiling, to paraphrase Bruce himself, "bags don't hit back."

You can swear by Bruce's ability all you want.� But at the end of the day YOU have never seen him fight ANYONE.� Almost NO ONE has ever seen him fight anyone.� All of his acclaim comes from stories being told by lesser trained brawlers whose $%%@% he kicked.� Not MMA masters.

So I don't get where all the "he wasn't just an actor, he was on a whole other level" BASED ON WHAT?!?!?!?! His lightning quick hands in demos against Kareem Abdul Jabbar?

"He'd adapt to other fighters' styles on the fly!"� In Game of Death?!?!� The movie?!?!?!?!?!

Come on.� Like for real.

there are plenty of documentaries of  monks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at the bully gettingbody slammed. his friends all gasping in the background when he hit the ground was golden haha

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Oh the irony.
And I bet there's a Buddhist mone somewhere better than Michael Jordan ever was, because all he does is train. Of course we won't ever see him play basketball professionally though, that would make no sense!
The irony just ironed you.

there are other venues for�athletic�competition�that don't make it to tv you know. Plus you might not be aware of �underground fighting circuits either. You act like just because they aren't on tv they aren't talented. There are probably thousands of dudes out there with skills of mj, but they didn't make it through to the nba for some reason. Shoot,�Michael Jordan didn't even make varsity when he tried out, and he turned out to be one of the most memorable players.�

Look.

How can you judge something that has never been seen.� Who has seen these buddhist monks???� Who has seen Bruce Lee fight???

The only people who spoke on Bruce were street fighters he beat (street fighters, mind you, not professional fighters) and those who heard about him from word of mouth.�

In regards to everyone talking about how lightning quick he was and how he could kick a bag to the ceiling, to paraphrase Bruce himself, "bags don't hit back."

You can swear by Bruce's ability all you want.� But at the end of the day YOU have never seen him fight ANYONE.� Almost NO ONE has ever seen him fight anyone.� All of his acclaim comes from stories being told by lesser trained brawlers whose $%%@% he kicked.� Not MMA masters.

So I don't get where all the "he wasn't just an actor, he was on a whole other level" BASED ON WHAT?!?!?!?! His lightning quick hands in demos against Kareem Abdul Jabbar?

"He'd adapt to other fighters' styles on the fly!"� In Game of Death?!?!� The movie?!?!?!?!?!

Come on.� Like for real.

there are plenty of documentaries of  monks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at the bully gettingbody slammed. his friends all gasping in the background when he hit the ground was golden haha

^^^I'm sure all those silly tricks are gonna help him if he gets in the ring  with a younger, bigger, well trained muay thai fighter. 
laugh.gif

paimei-%28n1303850295047%29.gif

^^^I'm sure all those silly tricks are gonna help him if he gets in the ring  with a younger, bigger, well trained muay thai fighter. 
laugh.gif

paimei-%28n1303850295047%29.gif

I hate those stupid martial arts demonstrations
laugh.gif
Anybody can "demonstrate" but can they fight?
ohwell.gif
If someone is using a martial art that is predicated on using your own momentum against you why the hell would you attack and lunge into them recklessly, that's exactly what they want you to do.

I hate those stupid martial arts demonstrations
laugh.gif
Anybody can "demonstrate" but can they fight?
ohwell.gif
If someone is using a martial art that is predicated on using your own momentum against you why the hell would you attack and lunge into them recklessly, that's exactly what they want you to do.

peep this documentary to get a feeling for their lifestyle and extensive training they go through.  They'll show you what rampage jackson was talking about when he said dude had a hard head and to get hands ready, better start punching bowls of rice like monks. 

peep this documentary to get a feeling for their lifestyle and extensive training they go through.  They'll show you what rampage jackson was talking about when he said dude had a hard head and to get hands ready, better start punching bowls of rice like monks. 

Back
Top Bottom